News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7564
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:29:37 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Thiel

Was Anita Bryant at least partially correct?

Started by JOE, December 02, 2023, 02:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

As a conservative Christian, I remember Bryan came out against homosexuality in the mid 1970s and warned about the dangerous path society was going down. However, she was branded as hateful and perhaps the turning point was the pie in the face moment:

Disgraced, Bryant's movement lost credibility thereafter. Her marriage fell apart as well as her career. She was more or less branded a social outcast thereafter.

Thing is, a few years later, an AIDS epidemic erupted in the United States, most notably in the gay community. Ironically, the guy who shoved a pie in her face ended up dying of AIDS a few decades later.

So..was this a case of someone being on the wrong side of society/changing social values, but on the right side of facts and historical outcome? I'm not one to trumpet Right Wing political or religious views, but she almost reminds me in some respects of Cassandra warning Troy about the city's impending doom:

No one listens to her, she's branded an outcast, but she's proven right with the events that are to unfold.

Interestingly today, no one particularly in the political establishment is willing to acknowledge that Bryant was at least partly correct in her warnings.

Any thoughts on this? Should Bryant's image at least be somewhat rehabilitated? and given credit for her prognostications?

Comments welcome.

caskur

The messenger always gets shot.

There doesn't seem to be anything we can do about people who wish to taunt nature or God's laws. If they contaminated just themselves it would not be a problem but they infest innocent bystanders...

Like drunks driving running into other travellers and killing them.

Now that the USA allowed dope to be legal accidents jumped 400% or more I think.

This is why I think people are dumb. My brother-in-law says it's greed... whatever it is we have to go out and be a where of it.

And young teenage boys who go out, get drunk or stoned are more in danger of getting raped by homosexuals than girls. So if you have sons, let them know how much danger they are in.

We have teenage boys just disappear off the streets in Australia never to be seen again.

Winner Winner x 1 View List
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on December 02, 2023, 02:08:17 AMAny thoughts on this? Should Bryant's image at least be somewhat rehabilitated? and given credit for her prognostications?

Comments welcome.

Every faggit on the planet should be eviscerated. That faggit that shoved that pie in Bryant's face should have been burned at the stake that very minute but at least he's roasting in hell for all eternity now. He chose it! Twinks have always been putrid, disgusting, loathsome creatures begging for God's wrath. Frankly, who GAF if society changes. Sodom and Gomorrah changed, they got their just deserts too. God tells us through prophecy that mankind will degenerate so badly in the last days that he will annihilate himself but for the return of Jesus.

God bless Anita Bryant for her condemnation of faggits who are only out to make new faggits by way of molesting children. May all muhzies who toss a faggit off a hotel building get ice cubes in hell!

Oliver the Second