News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

I got a credit card limit increase offer today in the mail...

Started by JOE, December 13, 2023, 06:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

JOE

Quote from: TheProwler on December 19, 2023, 02:50:37 AMYou boring fuck.

And after that I was thinkin' of getting another GIC for $50,000 Prowler.

I'm concerned that we may be on cusp of Hard Times, Prowler.

I believe as some economists and leading business minds, that 2024 will be a difficult year. there could be a correction in the stock market, eh?

so it's better ta put the money in a safe place for the time being.

What do you think...Prowler?!

Speak up Boy!

JOE

I'm gettin a lotta gold in case things crash real hawd, Pwohlah

Gold 'n cash...best place ta be right now

Anyways, here's the $4000 worth of gold I bought the other day:

Check it out, Prowler.

Got the weights listed too, eh?

DKG

Quote from: TheProwler on December 19, 2023, 02:16:08 AMBack when I first saw posts from Joe, I realized within only a couple posts that he was full of shit.

But I did not understand just how much of a real life loser he is....

Joe, do you hate yourself?

Be honest.
Everything he posts are lies. He has never been in a limo, let alone drive one. It amuses him for some reason only he gets.

Lokmar

I hope josephine installed a rotisserie in his moms casket! Her money is just about all gone now!
Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on December 19, 2023, 11:39:49 AMI hope josephine installed a rotisserie in his moms casket! Her money is just about all gone now!

Difference betweem me 'n you/TheProwler is....that I buy things that can be re-sold....Lokmeer!

I can always re-sell the stuff I bought at or near the price I paid for 'em Bud!

Like I said...Gold never grows Old....cuz it can always be re-sold....Lokmeer!

Not like the Prowler's ultraexpensive cars or yer bullets, Bud.

Jeez fer all the money yeh spent on bullets, you coulda bought several bars of silver or ounces of Gold, eh?

The stuff I buy preserves wealth, not wastes it.

TheProwler

Quote from: JOE on December 19, 2023, 12:00:55 PMDifference betweem me 'n you/TheProwler is....that I buy things that can be re-sold....Lokmeer!

I can always re-sell the stuff I bought at or near the price I paid for 'em Bud!

Jeez fer all the money yeh spent on bullets, you coulda bought several bars of silver or ounces of Gold, eh?

My house is worth over $1 million and I have several million dollars in investments, Senile Joe.

The difference between you and me is that I can buy things like sports cars for enjoyment without worrying about their value depreciating.

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on December 19, 2023, 12:00:55 PMDifference betweem me 'n you/TheProwler is....that I buy things that can be re-sold....Lokmeer!

First off josephine, when the shit hits the fan, my guns and bullets can literally secure me ANYTHING! My factory built race car was bought for fun and enjoyment. IDGAF about the investment part of it. Still, this car will be worth what I paid for it in another 10 years. Maybe more.

Brent

TheProwler

Quote from: Brent on December 19, 2023, 04:05:46 PMYou aren't entertained by his lies?

Even his lies are boring.

He should check for a heartbeat.
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Brent

Quote from: TheProwler on December 19, 2023, 04:22:38 PMEven his lies are boring.

He should check for a heartbeat.
His lies are as stale as month old bread. But, he is sticking with this type of trolling.

Oliver the Second

Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 3 View List

Thiel

Quote from: JOE on December 19, 2023, 03:01:35 AMAnd after that I was thinkin' of getting another GIC for $50,000 Prowler.

I'm concerned that we may be on cusp of Hard Times, Prowler.

I believe as some economists and leading business minds, that 2024 will be a difficult year. there could be a correction in the stock market, eh?

so it's better ta put the money in a safe place for the time being.

What do you think...Prowler?!

Speak up Boy!
Honeybunch, what did I tell you about fibbing to strangers. That is why you have trouble making friends Sweetie.
Funny Funny x 1 View List
gay, conservative and proud

Herman

Quote from: Thiel on December 19, 2023, 09:50:31 PMHoneybunch, what did I tell you about fibbing to strangers. That is why you have trouble making friends Sweetie.
Tell your boyfriend that GIC rates have dropped and will drop further in 2024. Pretending he has fifty grand to invest, in something that will not be a good investment is stupid. Tell your boyfriend to do some homework before he makes shit up.

Oerdin

He did say his mother passed away so maybe he is 2asting his inheritance?

DKG

Quote from: Herman on December 19, 2023, 10:46:56 PMTell your boyfriend that GIC rates have dropped and will drop further in 2024. Pretending he has fifty grand to invest, in something that will not be a good investment is stupid. Tell your boyfriend to do some homework before he makes shit up.

In late 2020, major banks were offering 5-year guaranteed investment certificates (GICs) with rates of less than 1%. Now, just three years later, bank GIC rates for 5-year terms are over 4%. Some credit unions and trust companies are offering rates over 6% for short-term GICs, though 4- and 5-year rates are just under 6%.

It is uncommon to see long-term rates lower than short-term rates. This is a situation called an inverted yield curve. It signals expectations that interest rates will fall in the future. It can also forecast a recession, which tends to result in lower interest rates to stimulate a weakening economy.

With interest rates on the verge of falling, bonds are a better investment. If interest rates fall in 2024, and they almost certainly will, bonds could perform well, rising as rates decline.

The weighted average yield to maturity for the FTSE Canada Universe Bond Index is about 4.6% currently. The duration for the index is about 7.1 years. Duration measures how responsive a bond or a bond index is to interest rate changes. It is similar to a bond's term to maturity but is adjusted based on the forecasted cash flows from interest payments.

If interest rates fall by 1%, a bond or bond index with a 7.1-year duration should rise by about 7.1%. As a result, if rates do fall in 2024, bonds could potentially provide double-digit returns between their price appreciation and their yield.

Longer term bonds could perform even better. The longer the duration, the more the potential upside if rates fall.

The point? Longer term GIC rates have already started to fall. If rates do in fact fall, bonds could do very well.