Replies: 7373
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 02:06:33 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Gettin' closer towards completing my vintage Playboy Collection

Started by JOE, January 22, 2024, 11:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

Prowler is a sports referee Joe,... don't start anything on this issue. Its not a winning issue for you.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

DKG

Quote from: TheProwler on January 27, 2024, 05:40:53 AMI referee some charity hockey tournaments every year with ex-NHLers.  Some of them are in pretty good shape.  Some of them are hurting.  I mean, in their 40's and early 50's and not able to skate with any speed at all any more.  Their bodies are beat up.

Stupid people like you do not realize the downside of being a professional athlete.

They sacrificed their personal lives to play professional hockey.  Not able to spend any meaningful time with their family for 10 months of the year for their entire hockey career.

Many sacrificed their health and are living with constant aches and pains for the last 3/4 of their lives.

You idolize these guys because you are a little retard fanboy who has not accomplished anything worthwhile in life.

You are a loser, Senile Joe.

You are pathetic.

And so stupid about what makes a person successful.

What a waste of a life.
Right on Prowler.  :good: I was involved in a charity with the late NHL superstar Dale Hawerchuk.

JOE

Quote from: caskur on January 27, 2024, 08:10:52 AMProwler is a sports referee Joe,... don't start anything on this issue. Its not a winning issue for you.

Yknow I met a nephew of one of Australia's great tennis champions caskur. He won Wimbledon & the other major tournaments

I was driving him up to Whistler mtn on his ski vacation in Canada.

I told him his name looked familiar

And he said, "Oh yeah I'm related to him. He was my uncle."

caskur

Quote from: JOE on January 27, 2024, 07:44:44 PMYknow I met a nephew of one of Australia's great tennis champions caskur. He won Wimbledon & the other major tournaments

I was driving him up to Whistler mtn on his ski vacation in Canada.

I told him his name looked familiar

And he said, "Oh yeah I'm related to him. He was my uncle."

Who are you talking about? Which Aussie?

Do you know who the greatest female tennis player is/was?

She is in her 80s now and no one has equaled her record. HER NAME is Margaret Court and she lives near me. Even Serina couldn't break her record.

She is a pastor and speaks out about homosexuality as being a sin so all the woke brigade want a stadium named after her, renamed.

Even if they renamed the stadium, they still won't change her record.

Margaret Court record and all before they earned big bucks...

Singles
Career titles
192 (92 during the Open Era)
Highest ranking
No. 1 (1962)
Grand Slam singles results
Australian Open
W (1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1973)
French Open
W (1962, 1964, 1969, 1970, 1973)
Wimbledon
W (1963, 1965, 1970)
US Open
W (1962, 1965, 1969, 1970, 1973)
Doubles
Highest ranking
No. 1 (1963)
Grand Slam doubles results
Australian Open
W (1961, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1973)
French Open
W (1964, 1965, 1966, 1973)
Wimbledon
W (1964, 1969)
US Open
W (1963, 1968, 1970, 1973, 1975)
Other doubles tournaments
Tour Finals
W (1973, 1975)
Mixed doubles
Career titles
21 (7 during the open era)
Grand Slam mixed doubles results
Australian Open
W (1963, 1964, 1965, 1969)
French Open
W (1963, 1964, 1965, 1969)
Wimbledon
W (1963, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1975)
US Open
W (1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1969, 1970, 1972)
Team competitions
Fed Cup
W (1964, 1965, 1968, 1971)

"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

JOE

Quote from: caskur on January 27, 2024, 11:19:37 PMDo you know who the greatest female tennis player is/was?

She is in her 80s now and no one has equaled her record. HER NAME is Margaret Court and she lives near me. Even Serina couldn't break her record.

She is a pastor and speaks out about homosexuality as being a sin so all the woke brigade want a stadium named after her, renamed.

Even if they renamed the stadium, they still won't change her record.

Margaret Court record and all before they earned big bucks...

Yeah I second that, caskur.

Margaret Court along with Maureen connolly and Stefi Graff deserves to be ranked as 3 of the best female tennis players of all time.

Because they won the Grand Slam - just like Rod Laver did for the Men's title.

That bugs me that Serena Williams said she 'deserved to be called the Greatest' because she didn't win the 4 Major tournaments in 1 calendar year like Connelly, Court and Graff did. All of them could win on anything - grass, asphalt or clay.

I think Court was also knighted by the Queen for her achievements.

Dame or Lady Court, Knight of the British Empire? OBE. Something like that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Order_of_the_British_Empire

So she is indeed special.

caskur

They always big-up the black players. They do that to encourage other blacks to achieve in sport.

We had another player that would have smashed out a great tennis career, Ash Barty but she has switched sports.   She is now a golfer.
- Andy Warhol

JOE

Quote from: caskur on January 28, 2024, 12:18:42 AMThey always big-up the black players. They do that to encourage other blacks to achieve in sport.

We had another player that would have smashed out a great tennis career, Ash Barty but she has switched sports.   She is now a golfer.

If Serena had actually won the Grand Slam of Tennis, then I'd consider ranking her as the Best.

But she didn't and with the remaining time in her career, it's doubtful she ever will.

To me, Black or skin color isn't a factor. It's only what the achieve or titles they win.

Muhammed Ali - won everything including the Olympic gold. Yeah, I'd consider him the Greatest boxers or one of them.

Jessee Owens - also won everything. Plus he ran with shitty equipment on dirt. So he arguably deserves to be called one of the greatest runners too.

Same with Usain Bolt.

These Black men won everything

As did female runner Wilma Rudolph.

They wiped their competitio clean right offa the floor

caskur

They want kids off the streets...usually that is the black kids where I come from so any abo making it to A grade is encouraged.

It might not matter to you but skin colour matters to coloured people. When they see someone from their own brethren achieving great things then that gives permission and paves the way for them to achieve too.
- Andy Warhol

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on January 28, 2024, 12:37:23 AMIf Serena had actually won the Grand Slam of Tennis, then I'd consider ranking her as the Best.

But she didn't and with the remaining time in her career, it's doubtful she ever will.

To me, Black or skin color isn't a factor. It's only what the achieve or titles they win.

Muhammed Ali - won everything including the Olympic gold. Yeah, I'd consider him the Greatest boxers or one of them.

Jessee Owens - also won everything. Plus he ran with shitty equipment on dirt. So he arguably deserves to be called one of the greatest runners too.

Same with Usain Bolt.

These Black men won everything

As did female runner Wilma Rudolph.

They wiped their competitio clean right offa the floor

SHEEEEEIIIIT!!! Tyson would have knocked Ali's block off!

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on January 28, 2024, 04:00:59 AMSHEEEEEIIIIT!!! Tyson would have knocked Ali's block off!

I don't think so Lokmeer.

apparently Tyson worshipped Ali like he was a God and love him like his Dad:

Ali was like a Father Figure to Tyson, a ghetto kid who never grew up in a stable home with a Father.

I think I read somewhere that Tyson wished he was either like Ali or he could be Ali himself.
Disagree Disagree x 1 View List

TheProwler

Quote from: Lokmar on January 28, 2024, 04:00:59 AMSHEEEEEIIIIT!!! Tyson would have knocked Ali's block off!

Dude, I really do not think so.

Tyson was really protected by Don King.  He fought a bunch of nobodies that they hyped up to be good fighters.  When he fought top level fighters, he had a tough time.

Ali had much better competition and I think beat fighters who were much better than Mike Tyson.

Although I do think that Tyson's style matches up well against Ali, much like Joe Frasier.