Replies: 7375
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 04:46:53 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Odinson

I did my part tonight....

Started by Frood, January 27, 2024, 04:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frood

I introduced two Nepalese guys in my household to the marvels of ice cubes on a hot summer's day.... and they were like "please instruct us how to make ice cube, they're sooooooo good".

:crampe:

Then one of them hours later followed me into my rented space and went "how is it so cool here?"... and I'm like... briefcase sized portable AC with a freon compressor... and his face looked like he just spotted his first UFO in the sky.

Earlier on, the same guy asked me to point out the appropriate kitchen cleaner so he could wipe the bench. When I couldn't find any, I told him to pour some of the double strength vinegar from my pantry cupboard onto the flat surface,then take a wet sponge to it all.

These guys are almost like my young kids back in the day...

They seek me out for the the simplest of task instructions.

But.... they are nice people too... so I don't mind imparting homespun remedies for basic living struggles..

Have you ever dealt with immigrants like this?
Blahhhhhh...

DKG

Ice cubes you say. What will they think of next.

caskur

Quote from: Frood on January 27, 2024, 04:48:42 AMI introduced two Nepalese guys in my household to the marvels of ice cubes on a hot summer's day.... and they were like "please instruct us how to make ice cube, they're sooooooo good".

Then one of them hours later followed me into my rented space and went "how is it so cool here?"... and I'm like... briefcase sized portable AC with a freon compressor... and his face looked like he just spotted his first UFO in the sky.

Earlier on, the same guy asked me to point out the appropriate kitchen cleaner so he could wipe the bench. When I couldn't find any, I told him to pour some of the double strength vinegar from my pantry cupboard onto the flat surface,then take a wet sponge to it all.

These guys are almost like my young kids back in the day...

They seek me out for the the simplest of task instructions.

But.... they are nice people too... so I don't mind imparting homespun remedies for basic living struggles..

Have you ever dealt with immigrants like this?

My grandmother was brought up before people owned fridges.. she told me they used to suck glass and make believe she was sucking ice.

It wasn't until the 1950 they got their 1st refrigerator and when my grandfather brought one home she was really upset and told him off... then she told me she couldn't believe they did without fridges and how did they evercmanage.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol