A

Union wages benefit Alberta

Started by Anonymous, August 30, 2014, 05:37:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Shen Li"

not my problem you don't want to use an existing insurance program....that's what it is there for...if not you...then who ????

Alright, but I would still like to see a REAL insurance program in it's place.

agreed wit you......however, as long as the govt. is involved it will be a completely fucked up program....ran, badly, inefficiently and they will steal money from it....true dat

True, if a company were to steal money like that, the CEO would be locked up and rightfully so.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"we are receiving payouts from an insurance claim to which we dutifully paid the appropriate premiums

EI premiums are less than 2% of paid salary. It nowhere near adds up to $1,600/month for several months.

neither does the $400/yr house insurance premium cover the cost of your new 500k house when it burns down...that's how insurance works...or in any case EI seems to be working just fine...there are huge surpluses each year

I was talking with an ironworker who gets laid off regularly. I don't understand how someone can afford to go from making  $10, 000 per month to about $1600 on EI. A person would have to save a lot.

Anonymous

Quote from: "seoulbro"
Quote from: "Romero"
EI premiums are less than 2% of paid salary. It nowhere near adds up to $1,600/month for several months.

neither does the $400/yr house insurance premium cover the cost of your new 500k house when it burns down...that's how insurance works...or in any case EI seems to be working just fine...there are huge surpluses each year

I was talking with an ironworker who gets laid off regularly. I don't understand how someone can afford to go from making  $10, 000 per month to about $1600 on EI. A person would have to save a lot.

People can and will adjust their spending to their incomes.