Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Shen Li's Singapore Adventures

Started by JOE, February 21, 2024, 03:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE

....since she said she's moving to Singapore, would like to know how it's going.

Keep us posted.

Shen Li

Quote from: JOE on February 21, 2024, 03:45:36 AM....since she said she's moving to Singapore, would like to know how it's going.

Keep us posted.
I leave one week from this Friday. :yeahhh:

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on February 21, 2024, 12:19:40 PMI leave one week from this Friday. :yeahhh:

Let us know how it goes.

I wonder if the grass truly is greener on the other side.

And if it is, what kind of obstacles or pitfalls do you face on your journey there.

Keep us updated, okay.

Shen Li

Quote from: JOE on February 21, 2024, 12:34:56 PMLet us know how it goes.

I wonder if the grass is greener on the other side.

And if it is, what kind of obstacles or pitfalls do you face on your journey there.

Keep us updated, okay.
Absolutely!

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on February 21, 2024, 12:35:32 PMAbsolutely!

I hear/read that Singapore is a real mecca for investment and opportunity

I suppose since China cracked down on Hong Kong, Singapore has really blossomed.

I suppose many people from HK migrated to Singapore and took their money with them.

Shen Li

Quote from: JOE on February 21, 2024, 12:38:30 PMI hear/read that Singapore is a real mecca for investment and opportunity

I suppose since China cracked down on Hong Kong, Singapore has really blossomed.

I suppose many people from HK migrated to Singapore and took their money with them.
I'll let you know after I've lived there a while.

JOE

Quote from: Shen Li on February 21, 2024, 01:03:57 PMI'll let you know after I've lived there a while.

I'm interested in moving somewhere else too.

Or at very least living somewhere else for at least part or 1/2 of the year.

I don't feel there's any obligation or need to live ft in Vancouver anymore. Especially after I retire.

Best option is if a person can live somewhere else, run a small mobile biz as a digital nomad and be paid in USD, Euros or a similarly stronger currency.

People who've gone overseas to live have told me that is one major problem. That their earning power dropped or was limited because of weaker currencies they were paid  in these smaller countries. So I suppose the trick is to maintain the salary of a 1st world nation but enjoy the benefits of a lower cost of living in another country.

That way I suppose a person can live like a king and at the same time, save more

Oliver the Second

I like Singapore. They don't fuck around over there. Spray paint some cars and they'll cane your ass good.

formosan

Quote from: Oliver the Second on February 22, 2024, 10:02:29 AMI like Singapore. They don't fuck around over there. Spray paint some cars and they'll cane your ass good.

Singapore is very different than Taiwan, which is the liberal country in the region.
Informative Informative x 1 View List
too old to be a fashionista

JOE

Quote from: formosan on March 02, 2024, 11:50:03 AMSingapore is very different than Taiwan, which is the liberal country in the region.

someone who told me who's visited Communist China & Taiwan regularly remarked upon the differences between the two nations.

Communist Mainland China, everyone is tense thinking they are being watched all the time.

Taiwan he remarked, people are lot friendlier and more open.

Guy was born in a communist country too.

so he must know what he's talking about.

He left where he came from tho because he said he was afraid his country would one day be invaded by Russia again.

A lotta posters here sing praises of Putin. But people who lived under Russian/Soviet Rule think otherwise.

Polish people who experienced occupation by the Soviets/Russians and the Nazis/Germans told me they really hated Russia and the russian people. But Germans OK and were way better occupiers.

formosan

That's one opinion..

There are friendly people on both sides of the Taiwan Strait.
too old to be a fashionista