Replies: 7378
Total votes: : 3

Last post: May 19, 2024, 11:52:50 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

For The Canadians

Started by Shen Li, February 26, 2024, 12:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shen Li

Unless one is blind, in denial, or a raging authoritarian libtard, there's no denying Canada has become less free and prosperous over the past decade.

Do any of the Canadians here still think Canada has a future, or are it's best days in the rearview mirror?

I've made my decision and I'm voting with my feet. So, the rest of you Canucks, where do you see Canada in 10, 20, 30, 40 years from now?
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Oliver the Second

Winner Winner x 1 View List

DKG

Quote from: Shen Li on February 26, 2024, 12:34:08 AMUnless one is blind, in denial, or a raging authoritarian libtard, there's no denying Canada has become less free and prosperous over the past decade.

Do any of the Canadians here still think Canada has a future, or are it's best days in the rearview mirror?

I've made my decision and I'm voting with my feet. So, the rest of you Canucks, where do you see Canada in 10, 20, 30, 40 years from now?
My plan is to retire in about seven years. I will live in Florida at least six months each year.

Living standards and liberty are moving backwards on Trudeau's watch. But, we dug ourselves out after the mess left behinf by another Trudeau. We will do it again.

Where I see Canada at various stages of the future depends on what we do in the next three years. I believe Trudeau will be gone next year. Pierre Pollivere will need to make some drastic reversals on issues like energy, budgets, and immigration to restore the Canadian dream.

Brent

Quote from: Shen Li on February 26, 2024, 12:34:08 AMUnless one is blind, in denial, or a raging authoritarian libtard, there's no denying Canada has become less free and prosperous over the past decade.

I'm ready to leave Canada anytime. I'm just waiting for my wife to pull the pin at work.

Canada is done like dinner. We are building a huge and permanent underclass as I type. The only people in this country that has a future are rich woke elites. We are on the same road to hell that Argentina took.

formosan

My husband and I aren't going anywhere..

Our children are young adults starting their lives here..

We're fairly secure to weather most economic storms.
too old to be a fashionista

Thiel

I am presently not in Canada. But, the Great White North has fallen behind other G7 nations.

It is not just that bad policy decisions were made, but they doubled down on them when it became obvious they do not work. I expect that to change if the Conservatives win the nect election and the Liberals go back to their Paul Martin roots.
gay, conservative and proud

Herman

Smart move. You are taking a promotion with an expat package, right? Those things are a guarantee of the good life.

I lived abroad for over a quarter century. I have no regrets about that. I do have some regrets about moving back to Canada. If my boy had settled in Australia instead of here, I would not be here now. But, he is here with his Aussie old lady, and my two grandkids. And that is the only reason we stay.

Shen Li

Quote from: Herman on February 26, 2024, 08:54:06 PMSmart move. You are taking a promotion with an expat package, right? Those things are a guarantee of the good life.

I lived abroad for over a quarter century. I have no regrets about that. I do have some regrets about moving back to Canada. If my boy had settled in Australia instead of here, I would not be here now. But, he is here with his Aussie old lady, and my two grandkids. And that is the only reason we stay.
The only family I have in Canada after Mom joins us after the house is sold is my Dad.

Shen Li

I'm going to a really good position I've had my eye on for a couple of years. It comes with some nice expat perks too. We have a really big condo with a rooftop pool. :yeahhh:

Herman

Quote from: Shen Li on February 26, 2024, 10:22:55 PMI'm going to a really good position I've had my eye on for a couple of years. It comes with some nice expat perks too. We have a really big condo with a rooftop pool. :yeahhh:
You would be crazy not to take it. Does your old man have a job or work visa for Singapore?

Shen Li

Quote from: Herman on February 26, 2024, 10:33:07 PMYou would be crazy not to take it. Does your old man have a job or work visa for Singapore?
He's there now working.