Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:36:46 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Marvin

That Gold I bought keeps going up in price

Started by JOE, March 04, 2024, 05:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver the Second

HANG ONTO YOUR BUTTS

Ahead of the opening bell, Dow Jones futures dived 3.3%, or 1,300 points, vs. fair value. S&P 500 futures were down 4.7%, while tech-focused Nasdaq 100 futures crumbled 6% in morning action.

Early Monday, the 10-year Treasury yield declined to 3.72%. Oil prices dropped, with West Texas Intermediate futures trading around $72.10 a barrel.

Among exchange traded funds, the Invesco QQQ Trust was down 6%, while the SPDR S&P 500 ETF dropped nearly 5% before the open.

Nvidia shares plunged more than 14% Monday morning after the company told Microsoft and another key cloud customer that its Blackwell B200 AI chips will be delayed due to a design flaw found late in the production process

Further, the price of bitcoin plummeted more than 17% Monday morning, trading down near $50,000, per Coindesk. Cryptocurrency stock Coinbase Global was down more than 16% in premarket trading.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/dow-jones-futures-plunge-1-300-points-in-stock-market-sell-off-nvidia-dives-on-ai-chip-delay-live-coverage/ar-AA1og7nO
Informative Informative x 1 View List

Lokmar

Today is an even better day to buy silver.
Informative Informative x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on August 05, 2024, 09:37:20 AMToday is an even better day to buy silver.

Me thinx stocks & commodities/precious metal still have a further way ta fall....Lokmeer! But maybe Gold not as much, eh?

2025 could be a year of good buys in everything

Real Estate too.

Better to hang to cash & wait for some bargains, eh?

JOE

As the Stock Market keeps goin' down, at least Gold managed ta hold its own in the midst of Market Mayhem, eh?

I thank mah good buddih Lokmeer for that!

That was good advice ta buy all that gold last year before the prices went up...Lokmeer!

Next buys are Platinum 'n Palladium.
Like ta get $10,000 of each.

They're goin' down so I bet killer prices are a' comin' for those metals.

Heck they have to, cuz either metal is 15 to 30 times rarer than Gold.

I think these experts have got it wrong.

Silver is not 'The New Gold'.

Platinum & Palladium will prove to be 'The New Gold'.

Silver may go up, but it's jes a little too common I'm afraid.

Gold is just about right. Not too rare, but not too common to realize measureable gains.

JOE

JOE

Quote from: Lokmar on August 05, 2024, 09:37:20 AMToday is an even better day to buy silver.

I bought s'more on the Weekend while the Metals markets were closed...Lokmeer!

And it went up 2% from below $27 USD, eh?

Now it's trading at $28/ oz.

...thanks for the tip, Bud!

Gold's up by nearly 2% as well.

...that Lokmeer is sure a Smart Guy!

JOE

So Lokmeer the place where I bought my cheap gold deals closed down that Section of their website eh?

https://canadagoldbullion.ca/

Guess they figgered the customers were gittin too good of a deal eh?

Cheap gold is hard ta come by now. All the good deals got snapped up.

Oh well glad I got my gold when the goin was good. Now its become too expensive & harder ta get.

All the good deals are gone now eh?

Guess I'm gonna switch ta platinum like ya recommended eh?

Oliver the Second

Quote from: JOE on August 15, 2024, 07:43:21 PMCheap gold is hard ta come by now. All the good deals got snapped up.

Oh well glad I got my gold when the goin was good. Now its become too expensive & harder ta get.

All the good deals are gone now eh?

Same thing with housing, cars, and pretty much everything else. Next to impossible to have anything now if you didn't buy it years ago. Young adults trying to get a start in this world are totally fucked.
Agree Agree x 1 Informative Informative x 1 View List

Oerdin

JOE

Bought my last Silver stack fer the year...Lokmeer! Got 100 oz now. That's enough fer me. Never good ta stack too much Silver at once. Actually even 100 oz is a bit too much. Those people who stack 1000s of ounces are crazy cuz the Silver price can plummet fast at any time.

Anyway see how it goes.

Oliver the Second

Quote from: JOE on August 24, 2024, 08:39:55 PMGot 100 oz now. That's enough fer me.

Well at least you'll never have to worry about werewolves.

Funny Funny x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Oerdin on August 22, 2024, 04:10:21 AMWell, I guess I was wrong. 

I was just lucky.

Anytime a person invests in something it's just another form of gambling.

I followed advice on YouTube & it was all free. I was surprised to discover theres a lot of useful information and it's not all bad. Sometimes its surprisingly accurate.

I'm getting interested in the Stock Market & Crypto but I'm always afraid its gonna crash.

At least with Gold it will never crash. It may go down 30-40% but it will never be worth 0. It will always be worth something and an investor will probably never get wiped out.

That always worries me about the stock market.That a person could wake up 1 morning only to discover that everything is gone. I've known people who have lost everything in a crash.
Shut The Fuck up!  Shut The Fuck up!  x 1 View List

JOE

Quote from: Oliver the Second on August 24, 2024, 10:34:24 PMWell at least you'll never have to worry about werewolves.

I don't know if it's a good investment or not. Silver is pretty iffy.

I'll hang to it for a year or 2 but if it doesn't go up might just sell it.

If silver falls it can lose 50-70% of its value in a market crash. Its fallen to as low as .40 cents an ounce before.
Shut The Fuck up!  Shut The Fuck up!  x 1 View List

JOE

Why are ya tellin me ta Shut the Fuck up....Lokmeer?!? Lol

Oliver the Second

Hope nobody was holding NVidia stock!

Nvidia just recorded the biggest single-day wipeout by a US company

Nvidia has taken two major hits in the past four working days.

First, investors punished the company for not beating expectations enough when it reported earnings on August 28.

And on Tuesday, its stock slid 9.5%, shedding $278.9 billion in valuation — the biggest single-day loss ever recorded by a US company.

The wipeout is tied to concerns about the health of AI and the US economy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/nvidia-just-recorded-the-biggest-single-day-wipeout-by-a-us-company/ar-AA1pXxkS