News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 7036
Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 11:03:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Why is it Easter Sunday and not Easter Monday?

Started by Oliver the Second, March 29, 2024, 12:16:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver the Second

So today is Good Friday - Wikipedia defines Good Friday as -

'Good Friday is a Christian holy day observing the crucifixion of Jesus and his death at Calvary'

Sunday is Easter Sunday which is defined as -

'Easter is a Christian festival and cultural holiday commemorating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.'

However in Matthew 12:40, Jesus himself prophesies—as the final, explicit sign to the Jews of his identity—that he would be in the grave three days and three nights.

Well if Jesus was crucified on Friday and spent three days in the grave, wouldn't he have been resurrected on Monday? So why is Easter on Sunday and not Monday?

I bet they moved it just so we couldn't get a three day weekend. Those bastards!

formosan

Quote from: Oliver the Second on March 29, 2024, 12:16:17 PMSo today is Good Friday - Wikipedia defines Good Friday as -

'Good Friday is a Christian holy day observing the crucifixion of Jesus and his death at Calvary'

Sunday is Easter Sunday which is defined as -

'Easter is a Christian festival and cultural holiday commemorating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead.'

However in Matthew 12:40, Jesus himself prophesies—as the final, explicit sign to the Jews of his identity—that he would be in the grave three days and three nights.

Well if Jesus was crucified on Friday and spent three days in the grave, wouldn't he have been resurrected on Monday? So why is Easter on Sunday and not Monday?

I bet they moved it just so we couldn't get a three day weekend. Those bastards!

So, it falls on the Lord's Day..

When I was a young girl, Easter Monday was a statutory holiday.
too old to be a fashionista

JOE

This tune sounds rather 'Easter-ish' F

Oerdin

DKG

Quote from: Oerdin on March 30, 2024, 07:51:37 AMIt is supposed to rain all weekend.
At least you don't have to shovel it.

DKG

Quote from: formosan on March 29, 2024, 12:27:03 PMSo, it falls on the Lord's Day..

When I was a young girl, Easter Monday was a statutory holiday.
I remember as a kid, banks, schools, and department stores being closed on Easter Monday.

Kingoffrogs

Because big business doesn't want you to have a reason to have a 3 day weekend.

nvm, OP already said it...

Shen Li

Joe Biden declared Easter Sunday National Transgender Visibility Day. I'm so glad I'm away from that nutty continent.

Lokmar

Quote from: Shen Li on March 30, 2024, 11:48:06 PMJoe Biden declared Easter Sunday National Transgender Visibility Day. I'm so glad I'm away from that nutty continent.

God hates faggits and wants them all dead. There is also a Biblical curse on those who call evil good and good evil. biden will roast in hell for all of eternity. I hope he dies and goes to hell soon.

Shen Li

Quote from: Lokmar on March 31, 2024, 12:14:15 AMGod hates faggits and wants them all dead. There is also a Biblical curse on those who call evil good and good evil. biden will roast in hell for all of eternity. I hope he dies and goes to hell soon.
I'm not religious, but he would not allow this day to fall on the first day of Ramadan.

Lokmar

Quote from: Shen Li on March 31, 2024, 12:16:34 AMI'm not religious, but he would not allow this day to fall on the first day of Ramadan.

Those filthy stinking muhzies co-opted a lot from The Bible. Its been quite a while since I've compared the holy days between the two. Overall, I found it unimportant to me.

If you have any Biblical knowledge and then read the koran (pig shit be upon it), you'll realize that the author of the koran (available now in 2-ply) had about a 2 year olds comprehension of The Bible when they plagiarized it.

Shen Li

Quote from: Lokmar on March 31, 2024, 12:20:34 AMThose filthy stinking muhzies co-opted a lot from The Bible. Its been quite a while since I've compared the holy days between the two. Overall, I found it unimportant to me.

If you have any Biblical knowledge and then read the koran (pig shit be upon it), you'll realize that the author of the koran (available now in 2-ply) had about a 2 year olds comprehension of The Bible when they plagiarized it.
Xianity, Judaism and Islam all have the same roots. They are Abrahamic religions.

Lokmar

Quote from: Shen Li on March 31, 2024, 12:22:25 AMXianity, Judaism and Islam all have the same roots. They are Abrahamic religions.

Well, thats the OFFICIAL world view.

I would challenge you to read the koran. Once you do, you'll never be able to compare it to The Torah or The Bible again. koran (the shit magnet) is so poorly written, its like someone took a Torah inclusive Bible and a history of muhammeds delusion from satan, dumped it into a vitamix, and set it on high mix. Its bonafied asinine.

Seriously, it's complete nonsense. As far as Abrahamic, the muhzies are descendants of Abraham.

Shen Li

Quote from: Lokmar on March 31, 2024, 12:27:06 AMWell, thats the OFFICIAL world view.

I would challenge you to read the koran. Once you do, you'll never be able to compare it to The Torah or The Bible again. koran (the shit magnet) is so poorly written, its like someone took a Torah inclusive Bible and a history of muhammeds delusion from satan, dumped it into a vitamix, and set it on high mix. Its bonafied asinine.

Seriously, it's complete nonsense. As far as Abrahamic, the muhzies are descendants of Abraham.
I have actually skimmed an English language Quran.

Biggie Smiles

I read the Koran. Cover to cover. shit made no sense

it literally read like the author was tripping on ludes
Agree Agree x 1 View List