The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Ontario Teacher's Union holds white privilege workshop

Started by Gary Oak, October 03, 2014, 03:00:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Romero

I've said that if it were a black man caught with a small amount of drugs, he may have received a life sentence. Instead, a white cop gets less than four years for torture and obstruction of justice. Then there's Ferguson and the rest of the shootings of unarmed black men, all the racial profiling...

Renee said that white privilege is nonsense and doesn't exist. As an American, she should especially know that it does.

RW

So racial profiling that negatively impacts black people is white privlege?

Again, how does this relate or justify this bullshit seminar in Canada?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

It's saying white privilege exists.

White privilege is when one doesn't get stopped, searched or shot for just being white.

RW

Is it or is it saying that racial profiling and police corruption exists?

What relevance does being stopped and searched have to do with Ontario teachers?!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

If you're racially profiled just because you're not white, it isn't right.

White privilege is when you aren't racially profiled just because you're white. And of course there's plain old racism, bias and discrimination. The teachers are holding a workshop on the subject.

cc

I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Romero is making one of the worst counter-arguments I have ever seen him(or anyone) make.

RW

I think people are socio-economically profiled which tends to be tied to race, and I am on the fence regarding the usefulness of such profiling.  But to make the point, if you aren't pulled over, etc, because you are white, you ARE being racially profiled - just not in a negative way.

I'm just not sure how discussing racism (which I still believe most people have no fricken idea what it truly is), discrimination, bias, etc, has to be done with such a bullshit subject line such as white privilege.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I think people are socio-economically profiled which tends to be tied to race, and I am on the fence regarding the usefulness of such profiling.  But to make the point, if you aren't pulled over, etc, because you are white, you ARE being racially profiled - just not in a negative way.

I'm just not sure how discussing racism (which I still believe most people have no fricken idea what it truly is), discrimination, bias, etc, has to be done with such a bullshit subject line such as white privilege.

[size=200]BULLSEYE!![/size]

QuoteAlert!! .. Moonbeams running wild in Trawna

Quiet you privileged one. ac_tongue

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"If you're racially profiled just because you're not white, it isn't right.

White privilege is when you aren't racially profiled just because you're white. And of course there's plain old racism, bias and discrimination. The teachers are holding a workshop on the subject.

You still haven't shown us the connection between "white privilege" and bad policing? Are the teachers holding a workshop on rogue cops or "white privilege".

BTW, from wiki,  "in Canada Asian people were less likely to be pulled over than whites or blacks".

If those shit-disturbing teachers hold a workshop on "yellow privilege", I'll fucking kill em. ac_toofunny

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"If you're racially profiled just because you're not white, it isn't right.

You still haven't shown us the connection between "white privilege" and bad policing? Are the teachers holding a workshop on rogue cops or "white privilege".

BTW, from wiki,  "in Canada Asian people were less likely to be pulled over than whites or blacks".

If those shit-disturbing teachers hold a workshop on "yellow privilege", I'll fucking kill em. ac_toofunny

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Real Woman"So racial profiling that negatively impacts black people is white privlege?

Again, how does this relate or justify this bullshit seminar in Canada?

why is it that  people who feel that they are such victims of white people don't move from white nations to  nations controlled by the people that they believe are so victimised by white people ? Could it be that white people tend to create compatively just societies that are much safer and nicer to live in ? If so then the reason that they don't mention this is because they don't like us. I believe that we should only allow people to immigrate to our white nations that actually like us like filipinos. Is there something racist about this ? really ?

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"You still haven't shown us the connection between "white privilege" and bad policing? Are the teachers holding a workshop on rogue cops or "white privilege".

I don't think it's just "bad policing" if you're less likely to be stopped, searched, jailed and even shot if you're white.

Those are harsh examples mainly from the US but white privilege is usually more subtle. Having to deal with racism, maybe less likely to get a job or apartment. Being made to feel uncomfortable just for shopping at a store.

I believe you've mentioned being called racist names in public. I never have. A way of looking at that could be saying I'm in some way privileged. I never have to deal with that crap. When someone doesn't have to deal with these things, they are less likely to believe they even happen at all.

There's nothing wrong with discussing white privilege. These are professional educators and it's not like they're just making it up out of nowhere.

Romero

Quote from: "Gary Oak"I believe that we should only allow people to immigrate to our white nations that actually like us like filipinos. Is there something racist about this ? really ?

Um, kinda. Just because you have a thing for Filipinos doesn't mean it's not racist and unfair to the rest.

See! White privilege! Many people believe Canada is a "white nation" and whites are better than anyone else. But we almost never see whites having to deal with this prejudice and discrimination.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"
Quote from: "Shen Li"You still haven't shown us the connection between "white privilege" and bad policing? Are the teachers holding a workshop on rogue cops or "white privilege".

I don't think it's just "bad policing" if you're less likely to be stopped, searched, jailed and even shot if you're white.

Those are harsh examples mainly from the US but white privilege is usually more subtle. Having to deal with racism, maybe less likely to get a job or apartment. Being made to feel uncomfortable just for shopping at a store.

I believe you've mentioned being called racist names in public. I never have. A way of looking at that could be saying I'm in some way privileged. I never have to deal with that crap. When someone doesn't have to deal with these things, they are less likely to believe they even happen at all.

There's nothing wrong with discussing white privilege. These are professional educators and it's not like they're just making it up out of nowhere.

I can't believe an old white guy is actually lecturing me about "white privilege. You've got some fucking nerve!!

Clearly if you are using police misconduct as your guide that tells me you are as ignorant of minority issues as Gary Oak. I agreed there is white privilege, but to me it has nothing to do with policing. You could ask another minority and they might have a different position entirely. There is NO way(that we can all agree on) to prove let alone define it. Are women or men more likely to be "profiled" by police? Does that mean women have an unfair position in Canadian society and there is women's privilege? If so, will Ontario elementary teachers make little girls feel like shit with a workshop?

I absolutely love kiddies...all of em and I do NOT give a fuck what race they are. Demonizing one group of kids because of their race is child abuse plain and simple. SHAME!!!