Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 03:17:14 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by deport_liberals

Retire in Spain

Started by caskur, May 02, 2024, 04:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caskur

J

Watch this. This looks like the place to retire.. check out this Australian woman's story...

We would have to learn Spanish though....lol

avatar_Erica Mena  watch the vid..

Watch it on a big TV.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Come on
 J and @Eric Mena... watch this woman's successful transition to a very high quality of life on a low income... I am thinking she might be living on $500 a week in a 3 story house. She has 3 balcony's... she has no garage.... that is the draw back at her particular place.

No wonder Lotus went to Portugal.

We would live like King and Queen there.

If I lived in Spain I would want an indoor pool.

She bought the place for $60,000. Renovations cost $40 and the most revered people in Spain are grandparent. They are the law.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Thiel

Spain is good, but there are many cheaper countries to retire abroad than Spain.
gay, conservative and proud

caskur

Quote from: Thiel on May 03, 2024, 08:12:12 PMSpain is good, but there are many cheaper countries to retire abroad than Spain.

But are they safe?... Mexico isn't safe. Spain looks safe.

I really encourage to watch that when you have spare time.   It's bloody good.
- Andy Warhol

JOE

Are pensions quite limited in Australia avatar_caskur askur?

I guess pensions stretch further in Spain than Australia eh?
Agree Agree x 1 View List

Herman

I have been to Spain dozens of times. My kid brother is an overseas toolpush living in Portugal with his Italian-Argie old lady and their kids.

Spain and Portugal are cheap by West European standards. So is Southern Italy. But, most of the countries that made up the former Yugoslavia are cheaper.

caskur

Quote from: JOE on May 03, 2024, 10:02:50 PMAre pensions quite limited in Australia avatar_caskur askur?

I just wrote out a good posts and lost it.... I have to write another one so I am very pissed off about that. This forum doesn't cache so if you lose your post it's  gone forever.

Give me a bit of time to redo another one.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: Herman on May 03, 2024, 10:14:19 PMI have been to Spain dozens of times. My kid brother is an overseas toolpush living in Portugal with his Italian-Argie old lady and their kids.

Spain and Portugal are cheap by West European standards. So is Southern Italy. But, most of the countries that made up the former Yugoslavia are cheaper.

I wouldn't  go live in those fucking countries if you paid me a billion $. Women go missing all the time and they continually
War. Anyone getting rid of their monarchy are bad news.
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: JOE on May 03, 2024, 10:02:50 PMAre pensions quite limited in Australia avatar_caskur askur?

Western Australia is really expensive. We are the mining state...  if you watch the lady the whole way through she explained her predicament. She never owned her own place and only held $60,000 in superannuation... that's a pittance. That won't last your retirement.

I am not 100 % sure what a full pension is. I think it's  around $500.00 a week.

Unless you live in a state housing place then your $500 a week isn't going very far... watch the video.... watch the whole lot... it's very, very informative.

We have many hundreds of thousand to top up our pension plus our mortgage was fully paid off over 15 years ago... that lady wasn't in our position and she's always lived the high life... to live the high life where I am you need maybe $1,500 or more a week. She wanted to live the high life and still does. Her Australian pension goes very far in Spain.

- Andy Warhol

Thiel

Quote from: caskur on May 03, 2024, 08:44:19 PMBut are they safe?... Mexico isn't safe. Spain looks safe.

I really encourage to watch that when you have spare time.   It's bloody good.
I have heard that even popular resorts like Playa Del Carmen are no longer as safe anymore.
gay, conservative and proud

Herman

Quote from: caskur on May 04, 2024, 04:48:30 AMI wouldn't  go live in those fucking countries if you paid me a billion $. Women go missing all the time and they continually
War. Anyone getting rid of their monarchy are bad news.
In the former Yugo? WTF?

JOE

Quote from: caskur on May 03, 2024, 08:44:19 PMBut are they safe?... Mexico isn't safe. Spain looks safe.

Recent story of a local Canadian who went on a vacation to Mexico & what happened to him:

https://www.tricitynews.com/local-news/anmore-man-viciously-attacked-on-mexican-holiday-with-dad-8690466

This is for what Trump did to my people....Gringo!

Maybe the bouncer is somebody who got deported or didn't get paid when he was a laborer in the States?

Lokmar

Quote from: JOE on May 05, 2024, 01:45:16 AMThis is for what Trump did to my people....Gringo!

WUT?

Herman

Winner Winner x 1 View List

caskur

Quote from: JOE on May 05, 2024, 01:45:16 AMRecent story of a local Canadian who went on a vacation to Mexico & what happened to him:

https://www.tricitynews.com/local-news/anmore-man-viciously-attacked-on-mexican-holiday-with-dad-8690466

This is for what Trump did to my people....Gringo!

Maybe the bouncer is somebody who got deported or didn't get paid when he was a laborer in the States?

3 Australians have been murdered in Mexico in the last year. As well as American tourists.

I have always wanted to go to Mexico. I like their art but these days there drug traffickers so Mexico I a no go area.
Winner Winner x 1 View List
- Andy Warhol