The best topic

Replies: 10340
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:33:17 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Several groups seek protest permits at Dem Convention, as parallels drawn to violent 1968 confab

Started by Conservative Perspective, July 07, 2024, 02:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Conservative Perspective

Several groups seek protest permits at Dem Convention, as parallels drawn to violent 1968 confab

Chicago is primed to see massive protests during the Democratic National Convention, in what some observers are calling a potential redux of the violence seen at the 1968 DNC.

Source: Several groups seek protest permits at Dem Convention, as parallels drawn to violent 1968 confab

Prof Emeritus at Fawk U

Yep, I'm looking forward to that shit fest.  The Dems will be embarrassed by the shenanigans.
Watch what you say to me or I'll mind FAWK U.

Garraty_47

It's all going to be window dressing. Performative.
They still plan to make Biden the official nominee in a Zoom meeting later in July. They could cancel the event in Chicago altogether and it won't make any difference, except for the optics.

Wasn't half of it supposed to be "online" anyway?

Some of those protests are likely to be a group of people shouting at an empty building.

JOE

Quote from: Garraty_47 on July 07, 2024, 07:46:59 AMIt's all going to be window dressing. Performative.
They still plan to make Biden the official nominee in a Zoom meeting later in July. They could cancel the event in Chicago altogether and it won't make any difference, except for the optics.

Some of those protests are likely to be a group of people shouting at an empty building.

If the Democrats go with Biden they're gonna lose.

Garraty_47

Quote from: JOE on July 07, 2024, 09:12:32 AMIf the Democrats go with Biden they're gonna lose.

Ya think? LoL

Their only real option is Kopmala so... same.
I guess they'd rather lose with the pitiful demented psychopath than with the cackling airheaded psychopath.

JOE

Quote from: Garraty_47 on July 07, 2024, 09:35:53 AMYa think? LoL

I guess they'd rather lose with the pitiful demented psychopath than with the cackling airheaded psychopath.

Itd be better if the Democrats lost a close match than in a landslide tho.

In which case if Kamala is their only choice the Democrats would best provide her with a running mate in the mold of Joe Manchin. In other words could run the show for them.

I don't think the President or Prime Minister should ever run the show because their role is akin to a constitutional monarch. They are the face or PR of their party.

Best let someone else who's competent who can run the show.

That's actually what happens in corporations. The CEO often is the figurehead while the Vice President is the de facto head in chief

Garraty_47

The question isn't who the democrats might want to be Kopmala's VP; the question is who would be willing to hitch their career's wagon to that ticket as Kopmala's VP?

That second list is far shorter and lacks a lot (any?) of the names on the first, I've no doubt.

Biggie Smiles

Everyone keep in mind that yes Democrats will lose with either Joe or Karma but that's assuming the election will be fare and transparent and will even happen.

The more they dig in on Biden the more I become convinced there is a contingency in the works which hasn't revealed it self yet.

COVID provide an effective catalyst last time around.. perhaps bird flu or even the Plague this time?

DKG

Quote from: Garraty_47 on July 07, 2024, 09:35:53 AMYa think? LoL

Joe is psychic. His prediction that Biden would fumble the debate was accurate. Such insight that guy has.
Funny Funny x 2 Funny As Fuck! Funny As Fuck! x 1 View List

Garraty_47

Quote from: Biggie Smiles on July 07, 2024, 10:37:55 AMEveryone keep in mind that yes Democrats will lose with either Joe or Karma but that's assuming the election will be fare and transparent and will even happen.

The more they dig in on Biden the more I become convinced there is a contingency in the works which hasn't revealed it self yet.

COVID provide an effective catalyst last time around.. perhaps bird flu or even the Plague this time?

It's still my belief, bolstered by what democrats have (and haven't) done in this and previous elections as well as our government's current overall configuration, that they don't actually care if they lose.

As long as the reins of power are only ever passed back and forth between the democrats and republicans everything else is only theater. The only substantive threat to either half of the duopoly is an interloper candidate/party shoving in on their game and succeeding at making fundamental changes.

That's why the democrats and republicans consistently put forward candidates who are nowhere near our "best and brightest". They don't actually need or even want competency and suitability... all they need is someone who will preserve and protect the status quo (as defined by the people benefiting from the systems already in place) while never ever challenging the underlying power structure.

The democrats can make all the noises in public they want but at the end of the day they don't literally care if they lose as long as they lose to a member of their *true* team: team duopoly.

Oliver the Second

Chicago? Are they sure the protests won't interfere with the nightly shootings? Gotta keep things running you know.
Winner Winner x 2 View List

Lokmar

Quote from: Garraty_47 on July 07, 2024, 07:46:59 AMIt's all going to be window dressing. Performative.

I dont think so. I bet these assholes fuck The Chicongo up BIGLY!!!