Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

A

Prostitution

Started by Anonymous, November 09, 2014, 01:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

The link Romero provided only proves that there is all too often criminal activity attached to prostitution. That is not always the case though. Prostitution is a huge industry in Korea and while in some cases it involves criminal activity with underage girls or human trafficking, that is still the minority of women involved. It is often a young woman in university who is looking to make some extra cash and set her own hours of work. They are quite likely to be picky about their clients too. Sex is not always what they do either, sometimes it is only company.

If prostitution is consensual than it is the exclusive business of the woman who decides to do it. If it involves girls coming to Korea from the Philippines on visas for waitressing jobs, but are then forced to be bar girls, then Korean authorities should prosecute such scum to the fullest extent of the law, and they are doing that now.

So, basically, we wanted to spend this TL;DR to talk about how widespread prostitution is in Korea, and how the language of it versus the reality of it are at loggerheads. Prostitution in South Korea is illegal, mind you, but it's everywhere, and it's in your face. So much so that 1 in 5 men pay for sex FOUR GODDAMNED TIMES A MONTH. It's not just "1 in 5 men have visited prostitutes before in their lives." Oh no. 1 in 5 men go to prostitutes REGULARLY, so much so that if stamp cards were offered, 1 in 5 men would have boxes full of them. And it's not just 20% of the men going to some girls who are exceptionally dedicated to their jobs to service as many men as possible. Supposedly 1 out of every 25 women in the country is selling their bodies for sex. Prostitution here is big. It's too big for us to talk about in one video and blog post, but we're hoping at least that we can express the scope of it.

The point of this post and video isn't to freak you out and to make you think that every guy is a pervert and every girl a prostitute. Please don't think that, as tends to happen with our TL;DRs whenever we say something remotely unfavourable about South Korea. What we're trying to get across through this is the painting of a more reasonable landscape with which to understand the Se7en scandal of his going to a massage parlour. Some people are shocked by it. For others who know South Korea a bit more, it's not really that shocking at all. The idea of "oops I didn't know," or "I only went there for a massage, nothing else!" is far less believable the more you understand how widespread prostitution is in South Korea, and how common it is for men to partake in it. Se7en got busted, but don't think that your favourite Kpop bands and Kdrama actors are all pure and innocent and that Se7en's the perverted exception. If anyone else in the industry gets busted, well...no shit.

And, yes, prostitution is illegal, but as to how much the police uphold the law is another discussion. Some nights, for example, when we leave the studio at 2AM or so, and we're taking a taxi home, there's one strip of the block that has tons of stairwells lit up with pink lights and lots of girls standing outside these stairwells walking back and forth......aaaaand on the next block is the police station. The lax nature towards prostitution is not even subtle. It's everywhere, and if you know what you're looking for, it's in your face all of the time.

Another thing we skipped out on talking about in this video is Kissing Rooms. We just found out about these today from Soo Zee when we asked her about prostitution. There are PC Bangs, where you play PC Games, DVD Bangs where you watch DVDs (and sometimes get it on with your significant other), and there are also rooms called "Kis-suh Bangs." Think of em this way: in a PC Bang you play PC games, but you don't have to bring your PCs with you. The shop provides PCs for you. In a Kiss Bang, you kiss girls, but you don't have to bring girls with you. The shop provides them for you. You can also supposedly fondle the girls as you're making out with them. Frankly, we've never seen these anywhere, so we can't say much more about them, and – no – we won't go on a WANK to a Kiss Bang to investigate! Supposedly also outside of Kiss Bangs you can order coffee to your home late at night. A girl will bring you a coffee and some sex as well. Oddly, there aren't any strip clubs in Korea, supposedly. I remember seeing them in Toronto, but I've yet to see one in Korea.

http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/prostitution-in-south-korea/">http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/prostituti ... uth-korea/">http://www.eatyourkimchi.com/prostitution-in-south-korea/

Anonymous

What? Nobody wants to comment on affluent 40+ year old Western and Japanese chicks who flock to places like Jamaica and Cuba to splurge on the companionship of sexy young third world guys.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I missed that.

Waddya think RW? You are one of the most open-minded people in forumland, so I think you are cool with it. I don't care what grown men like OL and Wavy Davy do with their $$, but I wonder what they think of the gander getting hers.

RW

I wouldn't sleep with a woman who does that but it's her business, just as it's Munday and Dave's business.

I do find it funny that male prostitutes are such because they want to be but women are just being exploited.

The solution IMHO is brothels with regulations including the use of condoms and STD testing.  No woman held against her will.  Bans to street prostitution and crack downs on pimping outside of bawdy houses.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I wouldn't sleep with a woman who does that but it's her business, just as it's Munday and Dave's business.

I do find it funny that male prostitutes are such because they want to be but women are just being exploited.

The solution IMHO is brothels with regulations including the use of condoms and STD testing.  No woman held against her will.  Bans to street prostitution and crack downs on pimping outside of bawdy houses.

Fucking [size=200]BULLSEYE!![/size]

Romero

Thanks for the articles, seoulbro!

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"What? Nobody wants to comment on affluent 40+ year old Western and Japanese chicks who flock to places like Jamaica and Cuba to splurge on the companionship of sexy young third world guys.

It depends. Are these male prostitutes working on their own free will or are they involved in the sex trade? It's still wrong and dangerous if a condom isn't used.

There's a huge difference between random encounters with men who actually want to be prostitutes and 1,000 sex workers in the sex trade. They're more likely to be exploited and abused, and of course the likelihood of STDs and pregnancies are about 1,000 times higher.

If any woman told me she's had unprotected sex with 1,000 male hookers I would also tell her it's wrong and dangerous. Why wouldn't I?

RW

Why would she give a fuck after the fact?
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

first i want to apologize for bombing this thread, I thought about making my own but i didnt want to put this out for everyone to see.

Shit i dont know where to start, Im leaving, ya ya everyone leaves , whatever. I wont be back for an undetermined time and where im going i wont be able to post as it will be a borrowed computer and the powers that be will frown upon miss use of their computers and my brother is house sitting and will be using my lap top for his banking use and to get ahold of me blah blah blah...not that any you fuckers pm me or ask where i am anyway ac_unsure ....dont miss me to much.. ac_rollseyes

:howdy:

cc

Aw. Well, I will miss you

There. Not feeling so sorry for yourself now?

Oh! And when do you get out?
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

I was just wondering where you've been Keeper.  Will you still have email access?
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Doubt full, i have no use for my personal cell and only have my work phone. When i get settled in i will prolly get a tablet or something, or visit a cafe or something.

keeper

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Aw. Well, I will miss you

There. Not feeling so sorry for yourself now?

Oh! And when do you get out?

lol @ get out, Im not going to jail CC lol, ya brat.  ac_tongue

Im not sure really, i have been looking for a change and i couldnt pass this opportunity up.