A

Movies

Started by Anonymous, November 16, 2014, 09:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oak

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Oak"
Quote from: "Oak"I rented the movie about Richard Jewell, it was well done, worth a watch.   Poor man was completely railroaded by the government.

Also rented Bombshell, that was interesting as well. Roger Ailes was a freaking pig.  Got what he deserved.

I would like to see the Richard Jewell movie. The FBI got a suspect and then found "evidence."

They didn't have jack shit.  They based it on "profiling" because he found the bomb.  They also ignored exculpatory evidence.

I forget a lot of the details now because that happened over two decades ago. I have to see that movie.

It'll piss you off.  The actors were good, Kathy Bates as his mother made me tear up.   It's easy to empathize as a mom wanting to protect her offspring at any age.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Oak"I rented the movie about Richard Jewell, it was well done, worth a watch.   Poor man was completely railroaded by the government.

Also rented Bombshell, that was interesting as well. Roger Ailes was a freaking pig.  Got what he deserved.

Roger Ailes is like Harvey Weinstein isn't he?

Oak

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Roger Ailes is like Harvey Weinstein isn't he?

Yes, completely revolting, almost more than Weinstein.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"
Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Friends went to a theatre to get away and they were the only ones there. They had the movie to themselves.

I thought they were closed down now?

That was obviously before it closed down.

I thought you meant very recently too.

I posted that on Saturday and it happened in another country.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Friends went to a theatre to get away and they were the only ones there. They had the movie to themselves.

I thought they were closed down now?

That was obviously before it closed down.

I thought you meant very recently too.

I posted that on Saturday and it happened in another country.

I see.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"
Quote from: "Fashionista"We watched Parasite last night..

It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

If it's good I will check it out.

I highly recommend it TVG.

This is in Korean language?

Yes, but it has English subtitles..

The ending was not what I expected.

Kindly rate the ending, Fash, from 1-5. 1 means poor and 5 means great.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

I might finally see Parasite this weekend.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"We watched Parasite last night..

It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

If it's good I will check it out.

I highly recommend it TVG.

This is in Korean language?

Yes, but it has English subtitles..

The ending was not what I expected.

Kindly rate the ending, Fash, from 1-5. 1 means poor and 5 means great.

The end with those kiilings gets a 2....the rest of the movie was 4.5.

Vancouver

I watched Twilight again. It was one of my favorite movie. Filmed in and around Vancouver.
Time is malleable

caskur

This is good although my husband and aunty didn't like it. I'll re-mention it. There is very little violence and no swearing Fash. You should see it if you can.

The Road

Critique https://www.cinematicuniverse.com/features/overlooked-sci-fi-movies/">https://www.cinematicuniverse.com/featu ... fi-movies/">https://www.cinematicuniverse.com/features/overlooked-sci-fi-movies/

If you're the sort of person who likes to imagine all the survivalist fun you'll have when society collapses, you might want to watch this film first and then reconsider your enthusiasm. Viggo Mortensen and Kodi Smit-McPhee star in an adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's novel of the same name, in which a father and son trudge across the United States after a global cataclysm has wiped out most of the population and ruined the ecosystem. It's a cinematic dirge, unrelentingly bleak in tone and brutal in its realism. Although it lacks the elegance of the original novel, it still holds its own as a piece of cinema worth spending your time on.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

caskur

Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I watched Twilight again. It was one of my favorite movie. Filmed in and around Vancouver.

I might see if it's on STAN or NETFLIX.

I'm looking for something good to watch.
"I think having land and not ruining it is the most beautiful art that anybody could ever want."
- Andy Warhol

Anonymous

I watched I Am Legend.

Vancouver

Quote from: "seoulbro"I watched I Am Legend.
Great movie that depicts how the world will be if we are not careful.
Time is malleable

Vancouver

Quote from: "caskur"
Quote from: "TheVancouverGuy"I watched Twilight again. It was one of my favorite movie. Filmed in and around Vancouver.

Great series on Netflix if you're into romance.
Time is malleable

caskur

Quote from: "caskur"

Great series on Netflix if you're into romance.

I'll definitely check it out.
- Andy Warhol