News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10402
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:52:08 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

What happened to Obvious Li's aboriginal women thread?

Started by Romero, November 13, 2014, 08:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Obvious Li

hey homy...you asked me to find my news sources regarding the stories i posted ...i could not on short notice so i deleted the topic until i can produce support for my position.....i can confirm the story regarding the kids and the destruction of the hunting lodge.........it was on the local radio news several times today

the girl being raped and beaten occurred in Winnipeg...and it was not the Saskatchewan river as i stated but the Assiniboine river...the details of the rape have been broadly discussed in the press.....the details i stated were told to me by a cop friend familiar with the facts of the case....my apologies if i made it look like that incident occurred in sask as well...however that does not take away from the original point of the thread regarding aboriginal women and the violence they receive at the hands of their families  nd friends.......not white people

Winnipeg police charge two men with attempted murder after teen sexually assaulted and dumped in river

Chinta Puxley, Canadian Press | November 12, 2014 | Last Updated: Nov 12 5:50 PM ET

WINNIPEG — Police have charged two young men with a pair of violent sexual assaults, including last week's attack on 16-year-old Rinelle Harper, and say they will take a closer look at whether the suspects had anything to do with the death of another First Nations teen last summer.

The two suspects, who are 20 and 17, face several charges, including attempted murder, in the attack on Rinelle, the Grade 11 student who was beaten Friday night and left for dead on a walking trail along the Assiniboine River in downtown Winnipeg.

They also face aggravated sexual assault charges in a second attack that same night on a 23-year-old woman.

Romero

Eh, honest mistake.

I don't know where you're getting this idea that white people are being blamed. I've never heard that.

I think there should be an inquiry about all the missing and murdered aboriginal women.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Romero"Eh, honest mistake.

I don't know where you're getting this idea that white people are being blamed. I've never heard that.

I think there should be an inquiry about all the missing and murdered aboriginal women.

what could that possibly accomplish...i defer to one elder being interviewed by the CBC..... when asked why they so desperately wanted this inquiry she stated and i quote almost verbatim..."because it will go on for years and create lots of jobs"..end quote...we all know what the problem is...it's just no one wants to deal with the solutions... ac_beating

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"hey homy...you asked me to find my news sources regarding the stories i posted ...i could not on short notice so i deleted the topic until i can produce support for my position.....i can confirm the story regarding the kids and the destruction of the hunting lodge.........it was on the local radio news several times today

the girl being raped and beaten occurred in Winnipeg...and it was not the Saskatchewan river as i stated but the Assiniboine river...the details of the rape have been broadly discussed in the press.....the details i stated were told to me by a cop friend familiar with the facts of the case....my apologies if i made it look like that incident occurred in sask as well...however that does not take away from the original point of the thread regarding aboriginal women and the violence they receive at the hands of their families  nd friends.......not white people

Winnipeg police charge two men with attempted murder after teen sexually assaulted and dumped in river

Chinta Puxley, Canadian Press | November 12, 2014 | Last Updated: Nov 12 5:50 PM ET

WINNIPEG — Police have charged two young men with a pair of violent sexual assaults, including last week's attack on 16-year-old Rinelle Harper, and say they will take a closer look at whether the suspects had anything to do with the death of another First Nations teen last summer.

The two suspects, who are 20 and 17, face several charges, including attempted murder, in the attack on Rinelle, the Grade 11 student who was beaten Friday night and left for dead on a walking trail along the Assiniboine River in downtown Winnipeg.

They also face aggravated sexual assault charges in a second attack that same night on a 23-year-old woman.

That was fucking sick.

BTW, that girl was some relation to Elijah Harper, the former Manitoba MLA who cost Mulroney his constitutional dream.

Obvious Li

Questions remain after rescue of five teens at Saskatchewan's Reindeer Lake Add to ...

Justin Giovannetti

EDMONTON — The Globe and Mail

The Twin Otter's engines had struggled for three hours in the strong winds above Saskatchewan's Reindeer Lake before spotters onboard saw the first sign of what they hoped were five teenagers reported missing days earlier.

It was Saturday, four days after the teens had cast off from their home in Southend, Sask., in a small aluminum boat, supposedly to go moose hunting. Instead, the five had holed up at a sprawling fishing lodge, closed for the season, that catered to moneyed anglers.

There, at the Arctic Lodges, is where spotters saw two boats tied up by the docks and were certain the missing teens were below. But the crew of the Twin Otter had no way of contacting them. And Kelly Littlechilds, the lodge's owner, says the RCMP told him that a number of people on the ground below – far from waving to their rescuers – ran into the lodge buildings.

"Those people obviously didn't want to be found," Mr. Littlechilds said.

Two days later, after the youths had set out on stormy waters and were plainly in trouble, they were finally found and brought home, allegedly leaving the Arctic Lodges damaged and raising a host of unanswered questions about how a teenage adventure had gone so terribly wrong.

When the teens left home on Tuesday, they were expected back the following day. Clayton Morin, whose 13-year-old grandson Brayden was one of the group, says he wasn't worried: His grandson had been on many hunting trips and had reassured him that the party was headed to a nearby river, isolated from the strong winds and rough weather.

But when they didn't turn up by Thursday, Mr. Morin reported them missing to the RCMP. Then, because of his extensive knowledge of the area, he joined the Mounties in their search, ranging far from the stated destination, north over Reindeer Lake.

His heart was heavy as he looked out of the Twin Otter on the innumerable bays and islands of the sprawling lake in northern Saskatchewan. While large sheets of ice had built up on the waters below, the frigid winds whipped up whitecaps as far as he could see. On the second day of the search, spotters saw no tracks in the fresh snow below.

The incident at the fishing lodge, on the fourth day, only deepened the mystery. The lodge, 100 kilometres north of their isolated community, has more than 30 wood cabins and dozens of small support structures. The centre of the complex is a large wooden building with wide windows and is appointed with leather couches and other amenities for fishermen flown into the area.

The doors of all the cabins had been left unlocked with dried food for the winter – part of the code of the North.

The owner, Mr. Littlechilds, had already dispatched workers to go to the property to help with the search. Hours after the Twin Otter flew over the lodge, the first workers arrived to find the complex deserted. While officials initially reported that some survival gear was missing from the cabins, the full extent of the damage only became known later.

"This was beyond breaking a window for survival," Mr. Littlechilds said. All of the exterior doors of the buildings in the complex were kicked in, chainsaws and other equipment were missing, an aluminum boat and lodge clothes had been stolen, and a number of all-terrain vehicles had been removed from winter storage and tossed about.

Obvious Li

Rinelle Harper has been discharged from the hospital after a vicious attack that thrust the 16-year-old into the spotlight and shook Winnipeg anew.

Ms. Harper, who was left for dead near the city's Assiniboine River last weekend, was released from the children's ward at a local hospital Friday evening. "We're so happy," her mother, Julie Harper, said in a brief interview with

The family of a teen who was attacked and left for dead in Winnipeg has thanked the community for its support. Rinelle Harper's mother says the 16-year-old is getting better and is eager to return to school.

Two male suspects face sexual assault and attempted murder charges in the attack on 16-year-old Rinelle Harper. Winnipeg police say they have no information linking the attack to the death of 15-year-old Tina Fontaine in August.

The family had already breathed one sigh of relief earlier in the week, when Winnipeg police arrested two men in connection with the assault on Ms. Harper and a separate attack on a second woman shortly afterward. Justin James Hudson, a 20-year-old Poplar River First Nation band member living in Winnipeg, and a 17-year-old male have been charged with attempted murder, aggravated sexual assault and sexual assault with a weapon.

Mr. Hudson's father, Brian McKay, told The Globe he extends his condolences to Ms. Harper and her family as the girl continues to recover. He said he has had little contact with his son since he was born on Sept. 27, 1994, to a woman named April Hudson. His understanding is that Mr. Hudson grew up in Winnipeg and was at least partly raised by his extended family.

"His mother gave him up when he popped out, and an aunt took over," Mr. McKay, a carpenter who lives in Berens River First Nation.

Mr. McKay said he learned of his son's arrest after he arrived home from work Wednesday. "My heart just stopped," he said. "I'm real sorry to that entire family about what happened."

None of the allegations have been proven in court. Mr. Hudson is slated to appear in court Monday to advise whether he will seek bail. He is also facing charges of possessing stolen property related to an alleged offence in August, and was in court this past Monday on that matter. Information about the 17-year-old can't be released because he's a minor.

Obvious Li

winnipeg case

"Police say Rinelle was out with friends Friday night when she got separated from her group.

She met two males who struck up a conversation with her, Smyth said. The three of them walked to the Assiniboine River where the girl was attacked and ended up in the frigid water.

"Rinelle managed to crawl out of the river a short distance away upstream and she was attacked a second time ... and left unconscious and essentially left for dead on the riverwalk," Smyth said.

She was found by a passerby the next morning and was taken to hospital in critical condition. She has been upgraded to stable and her family says she is recovering.

Police say the second woman was attacked a short time later."

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"winnipeg case

"Police say Rinelle was out with friends Friday night when she got separated from her group.

She met two males who struck up a conversation with her, Smyth said. The three of them walked to the Assiniboine River where the girl was attacked and ended up in the frigid water.

"Rinelle managed to crawl out of the river a short distance away upstream and she was attacked a second time ... and left unconscious and essentially left for dead on the riverwalk," Smyth said.

She was found by a passerby the next morning and was taken to hospital in critical condition. She has been upgraded to stable and her family says she is recovering.

Police say the second woman was attacked a short time later."

How very sad Obvious Li..

ac_crying

I feel so bad for that beautiful young girl and her parents.

Anonymous

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"OL,

What is the point you are trying to make?

my buddy Homero questioned my facts...and even though i know it is pointless to have a discussion with him i am bombarding this thread with news paper articles buttressing my facts..i will stop now...... ac_dance  :howdy:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

my buddy Homero questioned my facts...and even though i know it is pointless to have a discussion with him i am bombarding this thread with news paper articles buttressing my facts..i will stop now...... ac_dance  :howdy:

OK, gotcha

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

Every Indian girl gets molested by their brothers, fathers and uncles .