Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

What is Going On With All The spam

Started by Gary Oak, December 14, 2014, 09:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Oak

Russian and Spanish spammers or are they Chinese? ac_lmfao  ac_umm  ac_cool  ac_drinks

Annie

I know right? Sooo annoying!   acc_angry
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I know right? Sooo annoying!   acc_angry

We are experiencing a spambot invasion right now Annie..

Hopefully it won't last too long..

I believe they quickly get bored and move on to another forum.

Anonymous

Well over 100 posters have either been banned or had their handles deleted today..

I think I will be dropping by on my breaks and during my lunch tomorrow.

Annie

Wow a hundred? Someone was really bored lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Wow a hundred? Someone was really bored lol

It is probably closer to 150 Annie..

Busy day and I appreciate your help with this too.

ac_biggrin

Annie

Took me a little to figure it out as I've never had to before (except a post awhile back). Glad to help and I'll keep an eye out for more spamming threads. Hopefully the person will get even more bored and go do something else.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Took me a little to figure it out as I've never had to before (except a post awhile back). Glad to help and I'll keep an eye out for more spamming threads. Hopefully the person will get even more bored and go do something else.

It is many, many people Annie..

Most of them are in Russia and Ukraine..

I do not think it will last that long, but we'll see.

Annie

Hmmm in Russia and Ukraine? There's a few programs that are free to download and pick what country to change they're IP to, making it look as if they are somewhere else.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"Hmmm in Russia and Ukraine? There's a few programs that are free to download and pick what country to change they're IP to, making it look as if they are somewhere else.

They posted using the Cyrillic alphabet..

I used to live in Kazakhstan, so I am familiar with it a little bit..

This happened to other forums I have posted on in the past and it never lasted that long.

Annie

The Cyrillic alphabet? Is that the language in Russia and Ukraine or Kazakhstan?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"The Cyrillic alphabet? Is that the language in Russia and Ukraine or Kazakhstan?

It is the alphabet used in Russia as well as some other countries in that area..

Russian is one of the official languages in Kazakhstan.

Annie

I didn't know that, thank you, good info  ac_smile

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I didn't know that, thank you, good info  ac_smile

It was an interesting year Annie, but I was happy to come home.

Hornung

Gary Choking the Chicken, you must be a f*cking racist moron with shite for brains to think that Hornungism spammed by the racist idiot moron troll Gambino in a little read discussion group would show up in Oxford English dictionary.