News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Religious Fundamentalism Mental Illness??

Started by Anonymous, January 08, 2015, 01:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chickenfeets

I've been to different Caribbean islands, been to Cuba, and they all have a flavour uniquely their own.

I agree, though, that food in Castro's isle leaves something to be desired.

Still, as someone who's lived through the experience--and what an experience it was!--of grappling with a severe case of Delhi Belly, Cuban chow don't scare me none.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"I've been to different Caribbean islands, been to Cuba, and they all have a flavour uniquely their own.

Still, as someone who's lived through the experience--and what an experience it was!--of grappling with a severe case of Delhi Belly, Cuban chow don't scare me none.

Lol @ Delhi Delly..

My husband worked in Bangladesh, but flew out of Mumbai, so he is aware of it..

It's nice to see you again Chickenfeets.

ac_smile

Chickenfeets

Thanks, Fash.

Delhi Belly is eminently survivable.

The downside is that it shaves five or six days off your vacation time. That sucks.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"Thanks, Fash.

Delhi Belly is eminently survivable.

The downside is that it shaves five or six days off your vacation time. That sucks.

My husband was lucky I suppose that he was on an offshore drilling platform..

He flew to Qatar from Mumbai and he said the walk off the plane took every drop of energy in his body.

ac_wot

Renee

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"I've been to different Caribbean islands, been to Cuba, and they all have a flavour uniquely their own.

So I'm assuming curry is off your menu.  ac_umm
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Blurt, shouldn't go to Britain then...it's the national dish.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Well, Blurt's not alone. I can't eat it either.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

No eh? I like some Indian food. Chicken tikka masala is Britain's national dish. I have had it several times in the UK. It tastes better there than in Canada. Thank gawd for that because traditional British food is disgusting.

Renee

No eh? I like some Indian food. Chicken tikka masala is Britain's national dish. I have had it several times in the UK. It tastes better there than in Canada. Thank gawd for that because traditional British food is disgusting.

Curried anything is one of those foods that sends me to the crapper an hour after I eat it. I'm also not exactly crazy about the taste which is probably a good thing. ac_biggrin  

I kinda like some traditional British food. A lot of it tastes better than it sounds.

Anonymous

Curried anything is one of those foods that sends me to the crapper an hour after I eat it. I'm also not exactly crazy about the taste which is probably a good thing. ac_biggrin  

I kinda like some traditional British food. A lot of it tastes better than it sounds.

Traditional British food=overpriced slop that isn't good for you...YUCK!!

Renee

Says the queen of KFC.   ac_lmfao

BTW, the best tasting food is almost always not good for you.  ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Good point. Damn, I love those deep fried  birds.

Renee

It will be a while before I chance that stuff again.

I've scratched KFC along with Taco Hell off my fast food short list.  ac_unsure

Anonymous

KFC has flavour though. Mushed peas, black pudding and greasy meat pies do not.

Renee

KFC has flavour though. Mushed peas, black pudding and greasy meat pies do not.

Actually Mushy peas if made correctly is not bad.

As far as Traditional Brit food goes I like, Fish and Chips, Shepard's pie, Bangers and Mash and Bubble and Squeak. Steak and Kidney Pie isn't bad either as long as to don't eat the kindly part......Gross. Of course like all food if the cook is bad so is the food.  ac_unsure

But then again I'll eat just about anything that isn't nailed down and I'll try just about anything.....once. So I may not be the best one to give an opinion of British food.  ac_toofunny