Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

I don't understand

Started by Annie, January 13, 2015, 10:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frost

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blue"
Quote from: "Annie"Oh I was the biggest culprit with buying the chocolates. I would buy a couple boxes to give as gifts but I ended up eating most of it having to go buy more lol

I bought almost $200 of Ferrero Roche from Amazon for gifts, and actually ate someones that didn't show up  ac_unsure

That is a lot of chocolates Blue.

ac_wot

I have a lot of people to buy for, 24 sometimes with family, and friends.

I usually buy a gift like something they can use, but this year it was chocolates.

Next one will be less, it's just a bit much anymore, I have kids, and dogs that need goodies. :)

Anonymous

I bought almost $200 of Ferrero Roche from Amazon for gifts, and actually ate someones that didn't show up  ac_unsure

That is a lot of chocolates Blue.

ac_wot

I have a lot of people to buy for, 24 sometimes with family, and friends.

I usually buy a gift like something they can use, but this year it was chocolates.

Next one will be less, it's just a bit much anymore, I have kids, and dogs that need goodies. :)

I gave out gifts to 48 people, so I can understand Blue.

ac_smile

Frost

I have to cut back, i spend way more than most people here.

I have a new niece, a nephew, and his brother, and would like to get back into donating so some needy families.

I usually give to a shelter each year also which I neglected to do this year.

Christmas isn't Christmas anymore, just a pain, i want it better next time.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I have to cut back, i spend way more than most people here.

I have a new niece, a nephew, and his brother, and would like to get back into donating so some needy families.

I usually give to a shelter each year also which I neglected to do this year.

Christmas isn't Christmas anymore, just a pain, i want it better next time.

I like to give gifts to people I know would not otherwise receive them..

There are a lot of lonely people in the world.

Frost

I usually buy angels from the angel trees, they are a bit expensive anymore though, but feed two families for Christmas.

I think it's the least I could do to help. I know the animals appreciate some help also, they are voiceless in our world.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I usually buy angels from the angel trees, they are a bit expensive anymore though, but feed two families for Christmas.

I think it's the least I could do to help. I know the animals appreciate some help also, they are voiceless in our world.

I am sorry Blue, I do not understand this?

Frost

Quote from: "Blue"I usually buy angels from the angel trees, they are a bit expensive anymore though, but feed two families for Christmas.

I am sorry Blue, I do not understand this?

It's a charity thing, you can buy a cutout of an angel with a child's name on it from several places here like Krogers, Lowe's, some banks.

They then give a family a Christmas meal, turkey, and all the trimmings. I usually give a kids gift also at a few of the stores when out.

Frost

Here you go http://blog.salvationarmyusa.org/2013/11/07/angel-giving-tree-heres-how-to-give-and-receive/">http://blog.salvationarmyusa.org/2013/1 ... d-receive/">http://blog.salvationarmyusa.org/2013/11/07/angel-giving-tree-heres-how-to-give-and-receive/

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Here you go http://blog.salvationarmyusa.org/2013/11/07/angel-giving-tree-heres-how-to-give-and-receive/">http://blog.salvationarmyusa.org/2013/1 ... d-receive/">http://blog.salvationarmyusa.org/2013/11/07/angel-giving-tree-heres-how-to-give-and-receive/

I volunteer for the Salvation Army kettles each Christmas season..

But, I a put our resources into a children's charity through a local rock station.

Frost

We have a children's cancer center here, i would like to do something for them one year.

I rather help somehow going around the regular way of a middle man.

If I could I would donate the time like you.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"We have a children's cancer center here, i would like to do something for them one year.

That is why I like CJAY kids fund..

It goes directly to children in need..

I avoid charities if at all possible that have a paid staff.

Frost

Quote from: "Blue"We have a children's cancer center here, i would like to do something for them one year.

See that's how I would like to do here, the staff especially the well know Charities are scamming society.

Anonymous

See that's how I would like to do here, the staff especially the well know Charities are scamming society.

Small, local charities are best.

Frost

Yeah, or with animals donating stuff the charity needs is good.

they need cleaning supplies always, and food.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Yeah, or with animals donating stuff the charity needs is good.

they need cleaning supplies always, and food.

I used to like donating to food banks, but then I found out some people that use them do not need them.

ac_unsure