News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10399
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:39:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Why Does Old Evs Keep Saying She's A Christian??

Started by Anonymous, January 18, 2015, 09:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

I have her on ignore, but that only works when you log on. Anyway, I was reading bruce's thread titled Muslims and their religion of peace when I unfortunately came across too much of her delusional stupidity including this one;

all
Quotereligions suck ass. Look at the sky, the beach, your place wherever you are, love the man next to you.

Hug your sister, write your mother a post card. Religion sucks, big time.

i support this post and i'm a christian:)

I know a few people who say they are Christian/Mormon and they are nothing like her(thank gawd). I don't get it? Kinda like me claiming to be a Buddhist. ac_sothere

RW

I was raised Catholic and would identify myself as one if someone asked my religion but I am not an active member of any religious cult.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"I have her on ignore, but that only works when you log on. Anyway, I was reading bruce's thread titled Muslims and their religion of peace when I unfortunately came across too much of her delusional stupidity including this one;

all
Quotereligions suck ass. Look at the sky, the beach, your place wherever you are, love the man next to you.

Hug your sister, write your mother a post card. Religion sucks, big time.

i support this post and i'm a christian:)

I know a few people who say they are Christian/Mormon and they are nothing like her(thank gawd). I don't get it? Kinda like me claiming to be a Buddhist. ac_sothere

It don't see anything unusual about that Shen Li..

There are many people that claim to be saved without really knowing our Lord. Titus 1:16 They profess to know God, but by their deeds they deny Him, being detestable and disobedient and worthless for any good deed.

If evs wants to call herself a Christian that is her business alone.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I was raised Catholic and would identify myself as one if someone asked my religion but I am not an active member of any religious cult.

I can kinda understand that as I know some Muslims that drink(lots) and eat pork as well as Jews that do NOT believe in a monotheistic god. I suppose it's probably a cultural/heritage thing and not a religious one. I was raised to respect Chinese cultural traditions, but we didn't really have religious traditions.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Real Woman"I was raised Catholic and would identify myself as one if someone asked my religion but I am not an active member of any religious cult.

I can kinda understand that as I know some Muslims that drink(lots) and eat pork as well as Jews that do NOT believe in a monotheistic god. I suppose it's probably a cultural/heritage thing and not a religious one. I was raised to respect Chinese cultural traditions, but we didn't really have religious traditions.

More than half of the people I know in secular life that identify as Christians are not..

There could many reasons why they choose to self identify as Christians..

In the end it is their right and none of my business.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"What defines a Christian to you Fash?

Salvation comes after one repents and believes. Mark 1:15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."

One has become a new creation and left behind their former secular nature. 2 Corinthians 5:17  Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.

Renee

I was raised Catholic and went through all my sacraments, went to Catholic grammar school, church every damn Sunday and Sunday school after mass,  and I won't identify myself as a Catholic or even a Christian for that matter. I had enough of that organized hypocrisy by the time I was 12.  

Now I guess I'm what would be considered a pagan and I fucking love it. No rules, no social demands, plenty of free thought and best of all, no man made bullshit passed off as the word of a God.  ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I know someone that calls himself a Muslim, but drinks like a fish, never goes to mosque/prays, likes bacon and gasp makes fun of the prophet. I guess the Muslim identifier is a cultural thing for him just like the xtian label is for some people.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"I know someone that calls himself a Muslim, but drinks like a fish, never goes to mosque/prays, likes bacon and gasp makes fun of the prophet. I guess the Muslim identifier is a cultural thing for him just like the xtian label is for some people.

I can say the same for quite a few Jewish people I know. They all eat bacon and ham, very rarely go to temple and one family I know even has a Christmas Tree during the holidays.  ac_toofunny It's funny as shit because it's all decorated with blue and white lights and ornaments.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

Quote from: "Renee"I was raised Catholic and went through all my sacraments, went to Catholic grammar school, church every damn Sunday and Sunday school after mass,  and I won't identify myself as a Catholic or even a Christian for that matter. I had enough of that organized hypocrisy by the time I was 12.  

Now I guess I'm what would be considered a pagan and I fucking love it. No rules, no social demands, plenty of free thought and best of all, no man made bullshit passed off as the word of a God.  ac_biggrin

I identify as a "recovering Catholic" usually but I don't think I would ever call myself a "Christian".

I agree about the organized hypocrisy but I still love the stained glass, candles and that certain smell a church has.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "Real Woman"
Quote from: "Renee"I was raised Catholic and went through all my sacraments, went to Catholic grammar school, church every damn Sunday and Sunday school after mass,  and I won't identify myself as a Catholic or even a Christian for that matter. I had enough of that organized hypocrisy by the time I was 12.  

I identify as a "recovering Catholic" usually but I don't think I would ever call myself a "Christian".

I agree about the organized hypocrisy but I still love the stained glass, candles and that certain smell a church has.

That goes without saying, the architecture is beautiful and our society is richer for it. It's what goes on inside the buildings that is for shit.

Anonymous

I guess it is different for you guys than it is for me. I don't have any religious tradition. Han Chinese nationalism kinda acts as substitute for religion on the mainland. If I had any religious tradition maybe I would be nostalgic for it too.

Lance Leftardashian

Christians are not tolerant of homosexuals and stand for what they believe is right and what they believe is wrong. Where is the tolerance that progressive people stand for ?
I care, you pay

Renee

Quote from: "Lance Leftardashian"Christians are not tolerant of homosexuals and stand for what they believe is right and what they believe is wrong. Where is the tolerance that progressive people stand for ?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Qgh3-3Ri-B8/ToMkd8g-vvI/AAAAAAAAANw/f0cwjNBstEg/s1600/FAIL%2BTROLL.png">