Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Just When I Thought My English Was OK

Started by Anonymous, January 24, 2015, 02:18:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Blurt said to oddstain "you would have been as happy as a pig in shit"? How does a pig get into shit? They don't grunt loud enough? They don't get fat enough for slaughter? How do you discipline a pig even if they do fuck up?  Why would a pig be happy about it even if they could get into shit?

RW

Pigs like to muck around in mud (shit).  It makes them happy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Pigs like to muck around in mud (shit).  It makes them happy.

Huh?

Romero

The phrase "happier than a pig in shit" is literal and doesn't mean getting into shit as in getting into trouble. It's an old English saying about how farm pigs enjoy rolling around in the mud and even their own feces. Odi is like a pig enjoying in his own shit.

English phrases and words can have so many different meanings. Great job calling him "oddstain"! Your English is very good! I couldn't have said it better myself!

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Chickenfeets

It's just a phrase, Shen.

It's sort of like saying someone is "sweeter than fucking sugar."

Obviously, you're not really sweeter than sugar (although I've yet to conduct empirical research that would either confirm or invalidate the claim's truth value).

I agree with Ro, though: your English is excellent.

Anonymous

English has some interesting phrases including the one in the op.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"It's just a phrase, Shen.

Obviously, you're not really sweeter than sugar (although I've yet to conduct empirical research that would either confirm or invalidate the claim's truth value).

Wrong on both counts Blurt. I know I sound like I got off the fucking boat yesterday and this is yet another example. Secondly, the Iron Ch!nk IS sweeter than fucking sugar even if you do find evidence to the contrary. ac_razz

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Chickenfeets"It's just a phrase, Shen.

Shen Li is a cross between an esler with broken English and the Chugabooze she fucks. ac_drinks  ac_cool  ac_drinks

Anonymous

^Shouldn't you have a fucking sex life first before you comment on that of others douchebag?

Gina Li

I don't understand a lot of slang talk either.  It confuses.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Gary Oak

Quote from: "Real Woman"It confuses a lot of people :)

Especially hos with shitty English like Shen Li. ac_drinks  ac_cool  ac_drinks

Chris Patten

Quote from: "Gary Oak"
Quote from: "Real Woman"It confuses a lot of people :)

Especially hos with shitty English like Shen Li. ac_drinks  ac_cool  ac_drinks

That is hilarious. ac_toofunny  ac_lmfao  ac_toofunny

Anonymous