Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Both our kids moved out today!

Started by Annie, February 01, 2015, 09:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Renee"Annie, I guess the best you can do is stay in close contact with your daughter without making it appear too intrusive. That's going to be a tough trick. I hope it all works out for you and her.

I found out what it's like when a child moves out this past year. My oldest went off to college and we only see her on holidays and breaks. I didn't think it was going to bother me too much until she was gone. It was traumatic for me beyond anything I expected. She's been out since late last August and I'm still not used to the idea.

So, I've heard. I lived at home when I was in uni. I'd say it's tough when they study out of town.

I know it's harder when you don't dorm. I wanted her to stay at school and get the full college experience like I did. but it's hard to let go. I've never been one of those clingy moms but this was really difficult and my reaction has really surprised and unsettled me. I think it's been so hard because she is my first born and we are very close. Hopefully it will get easier because I got 2 more that will be going in the near future as well.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Frost

Kids moving out, great have a party  ac_dance change a room to a workout room, or rent it out .  ac_dance

It would be funny to rent it out to one of their friends, talking awkward when your kids come over.

Annie

lol Bue, that's something I would probably do but I'm holding out thinking she might want to come back when she realizes she isn't prepared to be on her own.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Renee"Annie, I guess the best you can do is stay in close contact with your daughter without making it appear too intrusive. That's going to be a tough trick. I hope it all works out for you and her.

I found out what it's like when a child moves out this past year. My oldest went off to college and we only see her on holidays and breaks. I didn't think it was going to bother me too much until she was gone. It was traumatic for me beyond anything I expected. She's been out since late last August and I'm still not used to the idea.

So, I've heard. I lived at home when I was in uni. I'd say it's tough when the study out of town.

I know it's harder when you don't dorm. I wanted her to stay at school and get the full college experience like I did. but it's hard to let go. I've never been one of those clingy moms but this was really difficult and my reaction has really surprised and unsettled me. I think it's been so hard because she is my first born and we are very close. Hopefully it will get easier because I got 2 more that will be going in the near future as well.

The most important thing Renee is that your daughter is in university..

You should be proud of her and yourself.

Anonymous

I don't know about that Renee. I am petroleum engineer, so obviously I studied with guys. I heard stories of guys getting in fights with roommates , money problems and friends becoming enemies. Those of us that lived away did not experience these hostilities. Besides, being a chick they all wanted to get into my pants. ac_razz  ac_cool

Annie

My daughter and her friend just spent several hours hanging out and chatting, we're all good now yay! She's still getting a place with her bf next month and still staying at her friend's but she asked if she could come over for a sleepover once in awhile....she misses us!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"My daughter and her friend just spent several hours hanging out and chatting, we're all good now yay! She's still getting a place with her bf next month and still staying at her friend's but she asked if she could come over for a sleepover once in awhile....she misses us!

What about after she has her transplant? If her bf is working and in school who will provide her with the round the clock care she will require? She'll have to stay with you during her recovery.

Annie

We're gonna play it by ear, so far hubby son and son's friends all say she will be back it wont last long. But he is feeding her well and she's always taking the 6 or so supplements she needs a day so who knows maybe she won't need it anytime soon. Like hubby would say, don't worry about something that hasn't happened yet.  When it does I know I'll be her 24 hr caregiver. Whenever she's in the hospital she doesn't like nurses attending to her she always insists it's me, even when I have to wipe her butt after a surgery lol

Renee

I don't know about that Renee. I am petroleum engineer, so obviously I studied with guys. I heard stories of guys getting in fights with roommates , money problems and friends becoming enemies. Those of us that lived away did not experience these hostilities. Besides, being a chick they all wanted to get into my pants. ac_razz  ac_cool

I can see how that would suck especially you probably attended a tech university. The guys were probably a bunch of pencil necked, pimply, calculus, geeks.  ac_lmfao

Besides my daughter won't have that problem. I trainer her to be a lesbian for the next four years.  ac_lmfao
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

I can see how that would suck especially you probably attended a tech university. The guys were probably a bunch of pencil necked, pimply, calculus, geeks.  ac_lmfao

Besides my daughter won't have that problem. I trainer her to be a lesbian for the next four years.  ac_lmfao

I think that stereotype of engineering students is a tired cliché. For the most part, they were easier on the eyes than the androgynous, skinny jeans wearing,  liberal arts fairies.

There were some hawt guys when I was in uni. I wasn't popular in high school, so getting all that attention was nice for a change, but it quickly turned to being an annoyance.

Renee

I think that stereotype of engineering students is a tired cliché. For the most part, they were easier on the eyes than the androgynous, skinny jeans wearing,  liberal arts fairies.

There were some hawt guys when I was in uni. I wasn't popular in high school, so getting all that attention was nice for a change, but it quickly turned to being an annoyance.

Yeah okay maybe in your school. When I went to college most of the engineering students were ex-D&D players or their last name was fucking Patel. ac_toofunny

The hottest guys were always the guys in the drama program. Unfortunately 80% of them were usually gay.  ac_umm

Anonymous

I never had the opportunity to go to university, but I will make sure my children do.

Annie

Well...that didn't last long lol she and I had a good talk and she realizes she really wasn't prepared to move out. We also talked about her health and being here is the safest place.  Now we have to go to her friend's place and lug everything back oh joy!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Annie"Well...that didn't last long lol she and I had a good talk and she realizes she really wasn't prepared to move out. We also talked about her health and being here is the safest place.  Now we have to go to her friend's place and lug everything back oh joy!

well you got three pages out of it anyway

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"
Quote from: "Annie"Well...that didn't last long lol she and I had a good talk and she realizes she really wasn't prepared to move out. We also talked about her health and being here is the safest place.  Now we have to go to her friend's place and lug everything back oh joy!

well you got three pages out of it anyway

It's too bad Obvious Li that Annie has to move everything back home so quickly.