Total votes: : 3

Last post: Today at 07:20:45 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Moonie

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

@realAzhyaAryola

Share your favorite recipes here. ac_drinks

http://lh4.ggpht.com/H6MO2kPclfbpM7gLhAkiO2cddAfzTzilJoaFyn-SbYVyHk-zpHzu7_x77sMu9nfm3yAGVpvFTD9Ci-Ykk8AtO0Q=s320-c-e365">http://lh4.ggpht.com/H6MO2kPclfbpM7gLhA ... 320-c-e365">http://lh4.ggpht.com/H6MO2kPclfbpM7gLhAkiO2cddAfzTzilJoaFyn-SbYVyHk-zpHzu7_x77sMu9nfm3yAGVpvFTD9Ci-Ykk8AtO0Q=s320-c-e365[/img]
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

We are having basa fillets, lightly battered and fried in a pan. It's a lot lighter than the artery clogging British style fish with chips.

Lance Leftardashian

Eating meat is morally wrong.
I care, you pay

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"Share your favorite recipes here. ac_drinks

http://lh4.ggpht.com/H6MO2kPclfbpM7gLhAkiO2cddAfzTzilJoaFyn-SbYVyHk-zpHzu7_x77sMu9nfm3yAGVpvFTD9Ci-Ykk8AtO0Q=s320-c-e365">http://lh4.ggpht.com/H6MO2kPclfbpM7gLhA ... 320-c-e365">http://lh4.ggpht.com/H6MO2kPclfbpM7gLhAkiO2cddAfzTzilJoaFyn-SbYVyHk-zpHzu7_x77sMu9nfm3yAGVpvFTD9Ci-Ykk8AtO0Q=s320-c-e365[/img]

That looks so good Azhya Aryola..

A classical American favourite comfort food.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"We are having basa fillets, lightly battered and fried in a pan. It's a lot lighter than the artery clogging British style fish with chips.

Since when is the KFC Queen concerned about clogged arteries?  ac_lmfao
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Shen Li"We are having basa fillets, lightly battered and fried in a pan. It's a lot lighter than the artery clogging British style fish with chips.

KFC is health food smartass....HEALTH FOOD!! acc_angry

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

I don't know how healthy it is but the last time I ate it, it did help me lose a fairly significant amount of weight. ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Anonymous

I don't know how healthy it is but the last time I ate it, it did help me lose a fairly significant amount of weight. ac_toofunny

Ya see, it's better than Jenny Craig. It's a miracle elixir.

@realAzhyaAryola

ac_lmfao  ac_toofunny

Haha! You biatches are too funny!
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Renee

Ya see, it's better than Jenny Craig. It's a miracle elixir.

Yeah, crap and puke the pounds away.  ac_toofunny

That sounds safe.  ac_drinks

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"ac_lmfao  ac_toofunny

I know AA, you prolly didn't think of this turning into a comedy thread.

I like the recipe. I'm not crazy about cheese, but I know how popular mac and cheese is. Keep em coming. ac_drinks

Renee

I like the recipe. I'm not crazy about cheese, but I know how popular mac and cheese is. Keep em coming. ac_drinks

Hey Shen, Just think you could put the leftovers in the frig and let them set over night. Then the next day, cut them in squares, wrap them in bacon and deep fry it.  ac_toofunny

Think that sounds scary? People in the south of the US actually do that kind of shit.  ac_wot

Anonymous

Hey Shen, Just think you could put the leftovers in the frig and let them set over night. Then the next day, cut them in squares, wrap them in bacon and deep fry it.  ac_toofunny

Think that sounds scary? People in the south of the US actually do that kind of shit.  ac_wot

I should write a book; "The Iron Chink's guide to live a long fucking life"

@realAzhyaAryola

Hey, Renee!  ac_hithere That is just incredible! I have never heard of that one. I wonder how that tastes.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

http://apple-of-my-eye.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/panko-crusted-salmon.jpg">

[size=200]Panko-Crusted Salmon

[/size]

Recipe courtesy of Ina Garten

Total Time:35 minPrep:15 minInactive:10 minCook:10 min    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yield:4 servingsLevel:Easy

Ingredients

2/3 cup panko (Japanese dried bread flakes)

2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

1 teaspoon grated lemon zest

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

2 tablespoons good olive oil

4 (6- to 8-ounce) salmon fillets, skin on

2 tablespoons Dijon mustard

2 tablespoons vegetable oil

Lemon wedges, for serving

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.

In a small bowl, mix together the panko, parsley, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Drizzle with the olive oil and stir until the crumbs are evenly coated. Set aside.

Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, on a board. Generously brush the top of the fillets with mustard and then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Press the panko mixture thickly on top of the mustard on each salmon fillet. The mustard will help the panko adhere.

Heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a 12-inch cast-iron skillet or large heavy, ovenproof pan. When the oil is very hot, add the salmon fillets, skin side down, and sear for 3 to 4 minutes, without turning, to brown the skin.

Transfer the pan to the hot oven for 5 to 7 minutes until the salmon is almost cooked and the panko is browned. Remove from the oven, cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve the salmon hot or at room temperature with lemon wedges.

2010, Barefoot Contessa How Easy is That?, All Rights Reserved
@realAzhyaAryola