The best topic

Replies: 10482
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 10:21:57 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Shen Li

What's Cooking?

Started by @realAzhyaAryola, February 22, 2015, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Blazor

Dont sound bad at all Fash.
I've come here to chew bubble gum, and kick ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.

Anonymous

I made chili tonight from a recipe I found on the internet..

Garnished with spring onions and served with garlic bread fresh out of the oven..

It wasn't too bad, but probably beneath kiebers' standards.

Blazor

Mmmm, I love me some chili. I have a couple good recipes. One, is the simple one, one takes more time but worth it. The other two I dont make anymore. One is Habanero chili!!! No one eats it cause they think its too hot lol.

Blazor

Today I had a nice steak with grilled veggies and a baked tater.

Berry Sweet

I want to make a coconut mango soup..some chicken is ok...looking fir a recipe.

Frood

Quote from: "Fashionista"I made chili tonight from a recipe I found on the internet..

Garnished with spring onions and served with garlic bread fresh out of the oven..

My mum used to make chilli con carne every week when we were kids. She got the recipe off an elderly latina woman next door whose husband was one of the disappeared.

Nice lady but shame about her hubby. She fled after that before she too vanished.

The chilli always had diced celery in it. It grew on us kids after many many many years. Now I struggle to eat it without.  ac_smile
Blahhhhhh...

Bricktop

So, you grew up in America?

Frood

Quote from: "Bricktop"So, you grew up in America?

ac_wot
Blahhhhhh...

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"I made chili tonight from a recipe I found on the internet..

I wouldn't be so sure. Sounds pretty good. We always cut up onions to add some crunch and spring onions would also fill that need. Garlic bread is different but I love garlic bread so probably good. We sometimes put corn chips (Fritos) and put the chili and onions over them. While I prefer my chili without beans I also don't mind them. Recipe's vary but I don't believe I have had a chili that was bad. The best I have had was at a chili cook off that you had to enter a regular chili and a HOT chili. My wife's team went to a Chinese food chef and had him make up a super hot, hot oil. Unbelievably hot but could not stop eating it. It was that good plus when you stopped eating it, your mouth would catch fire...LOL
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blazor"Mmmm, I love me some chili. I have a couple good recipes. One, is the simple one, one takes more time but worth it. The other two I dont make anymore. One is Habanero chili!!! No one eats it cause they think its too hot lol.

The chili I made was not that hot..

It's not something we have very often, so it might be a little bland by your standards and kiebers too.

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"

I wouldn't be so sure. Sounds pretty good. We always cut up onions to add some crunch and spring onions would also fill that need. Garlic bread is different but I love garlic bread so probably good. We sometimes put corn chips (Fritos) and put the chili and onions over them. While I prefer my chili without beans I also don't mind them. Recipe's vary but I don't believe I have had a chili that was bad. The best I have had was at a chili cook off that you had to enter a regular chili and a HOT chili. My wife's team went to a Chinese food chef and had him make up a super hot, hot oil. Unbelievably hot but could not stop eating it. It was that good plus when you stopped eating it, your mouth would catch fire...LOL

I saw a chili recipe that substitutes turkey for ground beef..

I think next time I cook a turkey, I'll save some for turkey chili.

kiebers

Venison makes some of the best chili.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"

Lol, I like to use Frito Scoops with my chili. I'll scoop up some with a Frito, and scoop up some with a spoon, it gives each one time to cool off enough before shoving it in my mouth lol. Damn the hot oil sounds good lol.

Blazor

Quote from: "Fashionista"
The chili I made was not that hot..

It's not something we have very often, so it might be a little bland by your standards and kiebers too.

Glad you made it though, its the closest to Mexican that you have had I think lol. Im sure it was good, maybe just needed a couple shakes of Texas Pete in my bowl  :laugh:

Blazor

Quote from: "kiebers"Venison makes some of the best chili.

The best!!!!  ac_drinks