Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

The Best Damn Vietnamese Restaurant In The World

Started by Securious, October 28, 2012, 12:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary Oak

I have never been to a country where so few people speak English and I have been to both Hanoi and Saigon. I like the Vietnamese. Just don't piss them off and they are fine. You don't see the same type of foreigner in Vietnam as you do in Thailand I believe that this is for this same reason

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Gary Oak"I have never been to a country where so few people speak English and I have been to both Hanoi and Saigon. I l9ike the Vietnamese. Just don't piss them off and they are fine. You don't see the same type of foreigner in Vietnam as you do in Thailand I believe that this is for this same reason

which pretty much confirms what i suspected, that your travels have been confined to a few canadian china towns........and maybe those three books you read.....almost every server i spoke to could speak passable engrish in both cities......Hanoi, being a government city was better but Ho Chi Minh was pretty good as well....Viet Nam was closed to foreigners until just a few years ago and Thailand is the sex tourist capital of the world so of course they have different types of visitors....

Gary Oak

You idiot  I was there this year and in January 2004. It was not closed.  Hanoi's former French area is impressive. The French must have lived like kings. They certainly exploited the indochinese to the breaking point for 150 years. I imagine Obviousli Stupid didn't know that though he was there and there and the war museum is very interesting as is the Hanoi Hilton

Obvious Li

you read that somewhere...right........noice..hahahahahaha

Gary Oak

I was also in Halong Bay and took a boatride aound the beautiful islands there. I got off on at least a couple of them and was able to take a short look about on them, I came accross the border from China on that trip and after all the problems that I h ad with robbers in 2003 in China I wasn't happy to see motorbike taxis waiting there on the Vietnamese side of the border.