Replies: 10401
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 06:19:55 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Jehovah's Witness followers

Started by keeper, March 21, 2015, 12:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frost

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"Never accept anything, or even talk to, a JW.  Once you do, you'll never get rid of 'em.

Their mission the world over is to convert non-followers.  They don't care about anything else, really...

You got that right, the same ones have been showing up for a decade now.

I'm not interested, but they keep preaching. It's alright with me right now, but they come at some bad times.

I guess I can get some shrunken heads, and hang on the door, maybe an upside down pentagram, wear a hood  acc_devil

Frost

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Blue"
Quote from: "Keeper"The other day i had 2 Women knock on my door who were Jehovah's Witness followers, I listen to what they had to say then politely told them i was a christian and i wasnt interested.

im curious if they do this sort of thing all over the country? Do they do this in the USA also? I find it odd they have to go door to door "spreading the word of god"

What are your thoughts?

I have two come to my house almost every month now, the same one comes each time.

He caught me in the yard one day cleaning up, and seemed to enjoy the history I knew, and bible stuff.

I have been doomed since with him bringing me pamphlets.

They are really nice people the ones that have came here.

Oh, Hitler didn't like them either, he sent maybe 2000 to death camps, and many more in prisons.

I had some come to my house too Blue and yes they were nice.

I respect their zeal, they do seem faithful to their doctrine. I don't see how they can follow it, and the bible though.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"
Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"Never accept anything, or even talk to, a JW.  Once you do, you'll never get rid of 'em.

Their mission the world over is to convert non-followers.  They don't care about anything else, really...

You got that right, the same ones have been showing up for a decade now.

I'm not interested, but they keep preaching. It's alright with me right now, but they come at some bad times.

I guess I can get some shrunken heads, and hang on the door, maybe an upside down pentagram, wear a hood  acc_devil

The other factor that my husband and I are worried about is are they really who they say they are..

They could have criminal intentions and are using that religion to gain entry to our homes.

Frost

I rarely let them in, we talk on the porch usually.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"I rarely let them in, we talk on the porch usually.

My husband doesn't want me to even answer the door to male strangers.

Frost

You really shouldn't unless you know them, I read sometimes people force their way in.

I tell my mom not to answer the door to unknown people unless I'm there, I usually have something for protection.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"You really shouldn't unless you know them, I read sometimes people force their way in.

I tell my mom not to answer the door to unknown people unless I'm there, I usually have something for protection.

There have been instances in Calgary where people have entered homes using charity or religion as an excuse..

I won't answer the door anymore if strange men are there.

Frost

Woman here get their foot in while their partner comes in from the back sometimes.

Never trust anyone that you don't know. I know it's sad being like that, but it's safer for you, and your family.

Lance Leftardashian

We should respect others beliefs
I care, you pay

Frost

As long as they respect back, and there is a few which does not.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"As long as they respect back, and there is a few which does not.

I am a Christian, but I see no reason why I cannot live in harmony with religions I think are man made.

Frost

It's good to get along, but there is always someone who messes things up. I can live with people who can live with me :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"It's good to get along, but there is always someone who messes things up. I can live with people who can live with me :)

I am fine with live and let live too Blue.

ac_smile

cc

Have not read all posts so don't know if this has been said

HBO is doing a SERIOUS expose on it this Sunday. Several top honchos have left it in disgust and are spilling their guts sbout how they play the game to keep people from leaving ... wiretaps etc etc ... illegal stuff .... but, as it is a beliefe system it has certain protections  

It is a cult ... not unlike the "other" cult that is doing such harm in the world .... yet get.s protection as though they were "real" belief systems
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Frost

Oh for sure CC, and how they do people who leave, and especially family is terrible.

Some Mormon groups are the same, and Amish also.