The best topic

Replies: 10394
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:15:05 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Erica Mena

Re: Interracial Relationships

Started by Pinay, October 29, 2012, 12:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Odinson

Quote from: "Time Flies"Asian men have all the cards stacked against us. Here are some examples of why Asian men have it harder than anyone else in racist North America.

Getting into school - This one has advantages for anyone who is not Asian-male or White-Male. Every other combination can find some school where preference is given to that particular combination. White-Male may be neutral in most regards but there is a definite disadvantage to be Asian-Male at most undergraduate schools and almost all Medical and Business Schools.

Getting a Job - Again, advantages for most females. In most male dominated industries, and those that tend to pay better, females have an advantage at companies looking for diversity. Even though companies are not supposed to discriminate the only way they can't is to do it. It's a strange paradox.

In Hollywood - Definitely does not pay to be Asian-Male. If you are Asian-Male you never get the girl. You are only portrayed as someone who either A) Knows Kung-Fu B) is part of the Asian Mafia (and you of course still know Kung Fu)

Dating - This one is the kicker and really what got me thinking about this. Females have the clear advantage in this as race doesn't really factor into this too much. There are few negative stereotypes for women here although I think maybe black-female might have some negative stereotypes associated.

The Asian-Male stereotype is awful. We are usually seen as non-aggressive, feminine, and my favorite having smaller than average, ahem, equipment. These are not things that endear the Asian-Male to most females.

You guys are better with books, WOW and shit...I imagine you could beat my ass in spells or in whatever you larpers do.

Say hello to your sister and momma for me.

Odinson

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Odinson"
Quote from: "Time Flies"Asian men have all the cards stacked against us. Here are some examples of why Asian men have it harder than anyone else in racist North America.

Getting into school - This one has advantages for anyone who is not Asian-male or White-Male. Every other combination can find some school where preference is given to that particular combination. White-Male may be neutral in most regards but there is a definite disadvantage to be Asian-Male at most undergraduate schools and almost all Medical and Business Schools.

Getting a Job - Again, advantages for most females. In most male dominated industries, and those that tend to pay better, females have an advantage at companies looking for diversity. Even though companies are not supposed to discriminate the only way they can't is to do it. It's a strange paradox.

In Hollywood - Definitely does not pay to be Asian-Male. If you are Asian-Male you never get the girl. You are only portrayed as someone who either A) Knows Kung-Fu B) is part of the Asian Mafia (and you of course still know Kung Fu)

Dating - This one is the kicker and really what got me thinking about this. Females have the clear advantage in this as race doesn't really factor into this too much. There are few negative stereotypes for women here although I think maybe black-female might have some negative stereotypes associated.

The Asian-Male stereotype is awful. We are usually seen as non-aggressive, feminine, and my favorite having smaller than average, ahem, equipment. These are not things that endear the Asian-Male to most females.

You guys are better with books, WOW and shit...I imagine you could beat my ass in spells or in whatever you larpers do.

Oh come on now Odie, there are lots of white dandyboys too. Look at EU, doesn't get much more effeminate than that cocksucker.

I really hate that dickhead.

Odinson

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"yea.

Has trouble walking and chewing gum simultaneously.

:D That´s a good description.

Odinson

I do not think we need the media to promote us...

Either way, I still have my male-qualities.

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"yea.

Has trouble walking and chewing gum simultaneously.

A waste of skin. How was your weekend handsome?

I have my leg healed and I hit the slopes.

I taught a couple of foreign-looking people whom spoke english how to snowboard.

I ended up taking pictures and afterskiing with them. Afterski meaning drinks at the ski-resort restaurant.

Odinson

A waste of skin. How was your weekend handsome?

I have my leg healed and I hit the slopes.

I taught a couple of foreign-looking people whom spoke english how to snowboard.

I ended up taking pictures and afterskiing with them. Afterski meaning drinks at the ski-resort restaurant.

Glad to hear your leg is healed.

What do you mean foreign-looking people? East Asians?

Japanese or Korean. We have a lot of them during winter.

I fooled around in the pics just a bit. ;)

How was your weekend, my goddess? :D

Odinson

Odinson

Glad to hear your leg is healed.

What do you mean foreign-looking people? East Asians?

Japanese or Korean. We have a lot of them during winter.

I fooled around in the pics just a bit. ;)

How was your weekend, my goddess? :D

Sounds like fun. My weekend was uneventful. Did some decorating of my baby's room.

Pink or blue? :)

Odinson

Quote from: "Odinson"And I did a bouncer gig.

Why? You need the extra money?

I don´t need it but I just do stuff for money.

I got offered a bodyguard job also.

Fixing the plumming, the box, the car for money.

Odinson

Sounds like fun. My weekend was uneventful. Did some decorating of my baby's room.

Pink or blue? :)

blue

Blue and white is my favourite combination.  :D

What shape of symbols do you use on the walls?

Odinson

Why? You need the extra money?

I don´t need it but I just do stuff for money.

I got offered a bodyguard job also.

Fixing the plumming, the box, the car for money.

Good to have a hobby. Even better when you can make money from it.

It´s not my hobby but people ask me for stuff and I just provide.

Anonymous

Oh come on now Odie, there are lots of white dandyboys too. Look at EU, doesn't get much more effeminate than that cocksucker.

I really hate that dickhead.

He is unbelievably stupid and incredibly nasty.

Odinson

Yes, when someone has practical skills like mechanics, electrical or plumbing you are asked a lot of favours.

Yea.

Anonymous

Yes, when someone has practical skills like mechanics, electrical or plumbing you are asked a lot of favours.

I wish I knew more than just the basics about cars.