The best topic

Replies: 10360
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:55:08 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Re: Interracial Relationships

Started by Pinay, October 29, 2012, 12:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Pinay

It doesn't bother me at all. I'm in IRR myself :-) I find it very interesting.. challenging sometimes because of some culture differences but overall it works for me :-)

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

cc

Say Pinay, what part of the Fils is your family from?

Not an expert on your country, but did live there for 4 yrs - Manila,  Makati , Pasay a while then Clark Field / Angeles (after the US left)

Used to weekend in San Fernando area .. La Union we stayed in ... got to Cebu a bit
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

@realAzhyaAryola

cc, did I tell you before I'm from the tumultuous south where the Muslims are among us?
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Yes, Li. We are proud of our culture and heritage down there. Unlike the other parts of the Philippines, we have durian there as well.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Li, it's Abu Sayyaf. You just left out one y but you got it right almost.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Many people in the Philippines hate it especially if they're not from the south but we southerners are used to them and love how they taste.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Try a Thai mart. That's where I have success buying them here in the USofA.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

Ah, sometimes they are not the best because those are probably not ripe yet. The best ones to get are the frozen ones at the Thai mart and then you let it thaw. Those are sweet.
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

I'm Taiwanese-Canadian and my hubby is of European descent..

Any problems we have had are the usual things that all couples with children face.

I realize some Asian men do not like relationships like mine.

@realAzhyaAryola

Maybe I'm missing something but I have never been that concerned about my race like I am oblivious to any racial slurs or biases. Maybe it was there but I did not see it and it certainly did not leave an impression on me. I dated men from different ethnic groups and I just never focus on what others might be thinking about us. Maybe it's a flaw but to me I've got bigger problems to face like raising these boys, my career, my health, my elderly relatives.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

I guess I should be glad, Li, that I'm not concerned about it but maybe I just haven't received a really offending and insulting one. Who knows, maybe that's still to come. Haha!

I once ate my lunch at the steps of a church during my lunch break from work. I was minding my own business until I looked up to see a middle-aged African American man walking up to me. I had seen him earlier sitting at the far end. I thought he was also just taking a break like me. Well, he started yelling at me, "You! Your types come here and take away all our jobs!" Obviously, he was upset over something and thought he'd take it out on me. If he had approached me closer, I would have stood up and left but he walked away and I continued to enjoy my sandwich. I'm sorry he felt that way. It's not my fault. I remember that now but I never had a hang up about it.
@realAzhyaAryola

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Formosan"I'm Taiwanese-Canadian and my hubby is of European descent..

Any problems we have had are the usual things that all couples with children face.

I realize some Asian men do not like relationships like mine.

no they don't.....in my experience Korea is the worst for overt expressions of racism towards mixed couples.....one of the reasons is the overpowering presence of the american army since 1951 and their patronizing attitude toward the culture......treating young girls as sluts for decades has a way of pissing off the locals.......but more than that they have this thing about keeping the blood "pure" and do not appreciate having it diluted by foreigners...slowly changing, but you don't have to scratch very deep to get a reaction