Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

New slogan for Indiana

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, March 29, 2015, 01:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gay Boy Roberto

Quote from: "Renee"The truth of the matter is all this outrage doesn't really exist. All of this so-called outrage is mainly centered on the far left. This is mostly media contrived nonsense.  The majority of Americans really couldn't give a crap enough to give it more than a passing thought. This is another example of the squeaky wheel.

Orval Faubus said the same thing in 1957
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "easter bunny"ac_smile

I would like some of these for Easter:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/31/03/44/3103447f56814d661d1540a6ebcb74fd.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "gbb"
Quote from: "Renee"The truth of the matter is all this outrage doesn't really exist. All of this so-called outrage is mainly centered on the far left. This is mostly media contrived nonsense.  The majority of Americans really couldn't give a crap enough to give it more than a passing thought. This is another example of the squeaky wheel.

Who is Orval Faubus gbb?

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"
I don't care what two consenting adults, same sex or opposite sex, do behind closed doors. I also believe that lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transgenders should not have to  parade themselves. Straight folks don't do that. Your sexual preference is not entertainment like Mardi Gras

Thank you!  I'm tired of this as well.

ac_drinks
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Who is Orval Faubus gbb?

Fash, I know you asked gbb but here's something on Orval Faubus by Wiki.

Orval Eugene Faubus (January 7, 1910 – December 14, 1994) was the 36th Governor of Arkansas, serving from 1955 to 1967. He is best known for his 1957 stand against the desegregation of the Little Rock School District during the Little Rock Crisis, in which he defied a unanimous decision of the United States Supreme Court by ordering the Arkansas National Guard to stop black students from attending Little Rock Central High School. In response to the governor's actions in Little Rock, jazz bassist and composer Charles Mingus recorded "Fables of Faubus" on his 1959 album Mingus Ah Um.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "Azhya Aryola"

Who is Orval Faubus gbb?

Fash, I know you asked gbb but here's something on Orval Faubus by Wiki.

Orval Eugene Faubus (January 7, 1910 – December 14, 1994) was the 36th Governor of Arkansas, serving from 1955 to 1967. He is best known for his 1957 stand against the desegregation of the Little Rock School District during the Little Rock Crisis, in which he defied a unanimous decision of the United States Supreme Court by ordering the Arkansas National Guard to stop black students from attending Little Rock Central High School. In response to the governor's actions in Little Rock, jazz bassist and composer Charles Mingus recorded "Fables of Faubus" on his 1959 album Mingus Ah Um.

Thank you Azhya, between yourself, Blue, Renee and now gbb, you have posted some interesting information on American history.

easter bunny

Quote from: "easter bunny" ac_smile

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/31/03/44/3103447f56814d661d1540a6ebcb74fd.jpg">

I'll see what I can do.  ac_biggrin

@realAzhyaAryola

Nice.

I like this, B. Truffles.

http://recipe-lane.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/chocolate-truffles.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

Renee

Unfortunately there is a big difference between being refused a wedding cake and pissing yourself because you are considered unworthy to use a public rest room.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

Unfortunately there is a big difference between being refused a wedding cake and pissing yourself because you are considered unworthy to use a public rest room.

I don't think anyone was saying they were the same Renee.

@realAzhyaAryola

Quote from: "Fashionista"Thank you Azhya, between yourself, Blue, Renee and now gbb, you have posted some interesting information on American history.

Well, thank you, Fash. I'm glad.
@realAzhyaAryola

Renee

No they aren't the same, far from it. People's attitudes toward it aren't the same either. Much to the displeasure of the gay community it simply doesn't hold the same level of importance.

Sorry to bear the  sad reality.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Romero

If it bears such little importance, then why did Indiana Republicans author and pass the law?

Anonymous

No they aren't the same, far from it. People's attitudes toward it aren't the same either. Much to the displeasure of the gay community it simply doesn't hold the same level of importance.

Sorry to bear the  sad reality.

It's not the same, so the outrage is not the same..

I feel most people can distinguish between the two.

Renee

Quote from: "Romero"If it bears such little importance, then why did Indiana Republicans author and pass the law?

Because they are homophobic. Why else would anyone pass a law like that?