Replies: 10391
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:25:17 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

1 Million new people

Started by Annie, March 30, 2015, 02:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

We don't buy meat much anymore either, mostly fruits, veggies, rice, nuts and lentils now.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Berry Sweet

Meat is ridiculously priced.  A lot of the little markets can have some sweet sales or specials on their veggies...its worth it to go to them and not the big guys...some of the markets sell local products from local farms, etc...i like that...how the community would rks together and support each other.

Anonymous

We face the same house price pressure and issues of growth that Vancouver does..

House prices in Calgary are taking a breather right now because of the drop in oil prices, but I cannot believe how much the value of of our house has increased since we bought it..

The population increases are noticeable too when you are driving or riding the C train.

Anonymous

Some of us would be better off in the States...  No joke!

Berry Sweet

Vancouver is turning into a joke.

Annie

Where are all these people coming from? A million?
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"Some of us would be better off in the States...  No joke!

Shen Li started a thread about that Lucky Number 8..

If you check, you will find it.

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Annie"Where are all these people coming from? A million?

Boats, planes and trains...opening the flood gates and letting in every tom dick n harry....or perhaps every chang, abdul and habib.

cc

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"The inside of those condos are small...it looks nice on the outside...but jamming too many people into tiny dwellings also in one spot is getting ridiculous.  I dont want to be here at that time... not a way to live.
Yes. Nothing positive in doing that ... increasing density is all negative and regressive for actual humans .. extremely anti-human in fact
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

RW

I agree cc.  Life is much more relaxed out in the boonies where you have all the space you want but no privacy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Lance Leftardashian

Quote from: "Berry Sweet"
Quote from: "Annie"Where are all these people coming from? A million?

Boats, planes and trains...opening the flood gates and letting in every tom dick n harry....or perhaps every chang, abdul and habib.

It is wonderful that Canada welcomes people from all over the world. The least we can do is provide them with free housing, education, clothing, transportation and of course cancel any holidays like Christmas and Easter that might offend newcomers.
I care, you pay