Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Brain Freeze

Started by Renee, March 31, 2015, 10:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

I get it really bad, almost to the point that when it hits, I almost can't see straight. It really takes the pleasure out of eating or drinking anything really cold. Does anyone have a remedy that actually works? Or am I doomed to just ride it out when it happens?
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

ghost

Someone told me once that you need to press your tongue against the roof of your mouth. I've tried it. Sometimes it works, other times not so much.

keeper

Sip warm liquid slowly and swish it around your mouth a bit. This will warm up your palate.

Renee

Quote from: "ghost"Someone told me once that you need to press your tongue against the roof of your mouth. I've tried it. Sometimes it works, other times not so much.

Yeah tried it, doesn't work for me.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Leopardsocks

Ah, I believe I can help you here, Runnay...sure fired, 100% guaranteed remedy.

STOP EATING FROZEN DESSERTS...this includes ice cream, slurpies, slushies, milk shakes and ice confections.

Its easy to remember...just remind yourself the next time something frozen is placed before you that NO FOOD WAS EVER MADE TO BE EATEN FROZEN. None!!!

It makes you FAT. But you already knew that.

Renee

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Ah, I believe I can help you here, Runnay...sure fired, 100% guaranteed remedy.

STOP EATING FROZEN DESSERTS...this includes ice cream, slurpies, slushies, milk shakes and ice confections.

Its easy to remember...just remind yourself the next time something frozen is placed before you that NO FOOD WAS EVER MADE TO BE EATEN FROZEN. None!!!

It makes you FAT. But you already knew that.

So chewing on ice makes you fat? Thanks for that bit of.........wisdom. ac_rollseyes

Oh BTW,  I can appreciate your distrust of frozen food. It must seem like some kind of alchemy coming from a country where things like refrigeration and indoor plumbing are all but unheard of.

Leopardsocks

Ice is not food. Its water, dumbass. There's no water in pizza, or KFC.

Australians were considering buying US refrigerators after seeing that last Indiana Jones stinker. Imagine, a fridge that can protect you from a nuclear blast.

But the we decided we don't need them as much as you.

Annie

I have that too but I find using tooth paste like sensodyne helps. My teeth hurt especially with ice cream and I love ice cream  ac_crying
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Leopardsocks

I am perhaps being too harsh on Renee. If the amount of ice required to cause brain freeze is correlated to the size of the brain, then a simple gin and tonic with an ice cube added would do.

Renee

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Ice is not food. Its water, dumbass. There's no water in pizza, or KFC.

Australians were considering buying US refrigerators after seeing that last Indiana Jones stinker. Imagine, a fridge that can protect you from a nuclear blast.

But the we decided we don't need them as much as you.

You must have missed where I said "ANYTHING really cold". Your old eyes are probably a little dim so I'll let it slide. To be honest I am an ice chewer; I do it constantly. Some people are obsessive about drinking their daily requirement of water, I chew ice. In fact so much so that the dentist lectures me about the damage it's doing to the crowns I have on my back teeth.  ac_dunno

Now as for the Indiana Jones film, I must admit I never saw that one. Something about OLD men trying to prove they still got something exciting to offer just doesn't do it for me.  ac_boring

BTW, I'd suggest you rethink getting a refrigerator. An old corpse like you has only 2 options; the cooler or embalming fluid. I'm pretty sure spending a few hours a day in cold storage is preferable to having your body filled with formaldehyde. Well that's just my opinion, you are free to decide for yourself.

Was that better?

Leopardsocks

Fuck...you yanks will do anything to keep your mouths working.

Can't chew ice here. Its 8 bux a cube.

Renee

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Fuck...you yanks will do anything to keep your mouths working.

Can't chew ice here. Its 8 bux a cube.

So water IS that expensive in Oz.

Well, that explains the smell.   ac_wot

@realAzhyaAryola

ac_toofunny  ac_lmfao
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]