Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

On Banishment...

Started by Leopardsocks, April 02, 2015, 07:06:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leopardsocks

No forum owner, through her trusted assistants, should be frightened to ban miscreants, infiltrators and agitators.

I know that in Van, evs had an anti-ban policy.

It didn't work...and it has now been rather robustly and quite rightly reversed, although with rather more vindictiveness than sense.

However, if a forum proprietor adopts a "live and let live" approach to forums, if will eventually backfire.

Over "there", after enforcing a "No bans" philosophy, bans are now being administered with gay abandon. Unfortunately the reason for the bans is usually personal, aggressive and hostile rather than rule based.

Nonetheless, I advocate that a no-ban policy will eventually enable the cockroaches to overwhelm the residents.

For that reason, I propose that Mel, in any of his guises, be banned forthwith. He has nothing to offer, is clearly intent on disruption, and has no sense of allegiance to the community.

This will undermine the forum over time.

Yes, some may see some hypocrisy in these words spake by the monstrous Leopardsocks. But a reality check will remind you that I broke no rules, and my "crimes" were largely "political" in that I spoke against the management for her bestial treatment of people who once supported and trusted her.

Mel is nothing more than a wilful and serial pest. I therefore fully support and propose that Fash and Keeps do whatever it takes to remove this blight, and ensure he never returns. Now, rather than when...

Keepers does not need this hostility in his face.

Good work, keeps...do what has to be done.

Leopardsocks

Actually...a suggestion...

Put the motion to the plebiscite...

I, Leopardsocks, propose Mel be banned.

All those in favour, message Keeps with an "aye". All against do likewise with a "nay".

The mod can thus quite rightly state he or she has acquiesced to the will of the people.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Actually...a suggestion...

All those in favour, message Keeps with an "aye". All against do likewise with a "nay".

The mod can thus quite rightly state he or she has acquiesced to the will of the people.

I am not even thinking about banning anyone right now Leopardsocks..

The move to a new host occupies my forum thoughts right now.

keeper

He is beyond reason, his sole purpose is to disrupt the board.

you work out the issues on the site, let me worry about Mel, that why im here.

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Actually...a suggestion...

I am not even thinking about banning anyone right now Leopardsocks..

The move to a new host occupies my forum thoughts right now.

Precisely why I propose that banishment be metered out by the consensus, alleviating you of any responsibility.

Let your people decide.

I know its early days, Fash...but tis better to deal with saboteurs now, than wait until its too late and damage is done.

But...just opening up the issue for discussion from all...happy to let the powers that be make the best decision.

Just don't want people to think Mel is another Leopardsocks.

RW

We will be moved shortly.
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Quote from: "RW"We will be moved shortly.

ac_dance

keeper

Dont we need a name first?  ac_wot

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"We will be moved shortly.

^ This, you guys will be gone shortly and it will be up to him to find you.

Just one question, when you go are you taking Gary Oak with you?  ac_umm
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Quote from: "RW"Everyone comes with.

there Hand? ac_bashful

what do i win?

RW

The pleasure of our company.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Berry Sweet

How will we know where to go?

Berry Sweet

Fash, are u going to pm with a new addy??? Or????