The best topic

Replies: 10387
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:57:16 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Re: Unionized Longshoreman Are Unskilled And Overpaid

Started by Henry, November 05, 2012, 08:39:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Henry

I'm not surprised because our society today don't have equality. I'm not a communist because that government is corrupt as any form of government. I don't envy those workers who have those kind of ridiculous salary because I'm happy with my eager income. I think this is the problem with some of us because we don't become contented with what we earn but we want more.

Securious

jeffersonian

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Henry"I'm not surprised because our society today don't have equality. I'm not a communist because that government is corrupt as any form of government. I don't envy those workers who have those kind of ridiculous salary because I'm happy with my eager income. I think this is the problem with some of us because we don't become contented with what we earn but we want more.

Pampering and overpaying unskilled these labourers hurts the nation in the long run and drives inflation. Companies pass on he cost of these glorified warehouse wokers high wages to all of us.

In Eastern countries if you want to make a good wage you must have a skill that's in demand. The Western world has become unsustainable and will be forced to change in the next decade or so. I don't see much future for people with such a false sense of entitlement if they are unwilling to adapt to the new reality.

You are so right. I think that unions have served their purpose. I absolutely agree that workers should not be abused as they have been in times past. But unions have a stranglehold on employers and even too much power over their members. Let's not even start with how much illegitimate political power they wield.

Anonymous

It is unfair to categorize all workers in any occupation as lazy..

There must be a good number of people performing that job who take pride in what they do.

Romero

Zetsu

I gotta agree union jobs are rediculous, my brother works in a prison and his starting wage is even higher than Toronto Metro Police, even he's been telling me all the time they're overpaided.  Considering so many Canadians are working everyday just to see their tax wasted on these government union staff makes me think how unefficient our government is.  How is this justified?
Permanently off his rocker

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Fashionista"It is unfair to categorize all workers in any occupation as lazy..

There must be a good number of people performing that job who take pride in what they do.

No, it's pretty accurate. It is a job a retarded monkey could do. They couldn't find any, so they hire people like EU instead. ;)

Have you ever worked a day as a longshoreman? Have you worked as a provincial civil servant as I have most of my working life?

I give my all every day at work and I don't make an inflated salary as you think I do..I could make more in the private sector..

I stay where I am because it allows me the flexibility to be with my children...I am not a snivel serpant.

I don't know what has gotten into you lately, but you are not the same person you used to be..You had my back when I was being dumped on from all sides and I will never forget that. I admired you because you were a young person displaying principled tenacity...where is that girl?

You invite people here then insult them. Even ones that are not members are ridiculed. I don't who Hornung is, but I assume the reason you and Gary Oak post high school level insults about him is based on past acrimony on Vancouver Forum.

What irks me the most are the shenanigans with changing posts, handles and signatures. If you don't want anyone to post freely here then shut down this forum and get a blog. If you continue to do this then I'm afraid you leave me no alternative but to leave as well.

Frost

Unskilled means dangerous in that business, the injuries alone should stop the practice if unskilled.

I have been in three unions in my life, it seems the bigger they are the less they care about the workers.

They become part of the , and a bit much politically motivated.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Blue"Unskilled means dangerous in that business, the injuries alone should stop the practice if unskilled.

I have been in three unions in my life, it seems the bigger they are the less they care about the workers.

They become part of the , and a bit much politically motivated.

I disagree with Li labelling jobs she has never done.

Frost

I'm not familiar with the industry so I can only speculate.

But the ones I have been in I know a little .

Paper workers union, Carpenters union, and the UAW, the worst of the three.

Anonymous

I am on my lunch break now Li..

I'm not surfing the web while being paid.

Securious

Please leave we would all be happy if you did. Oh and BTW this is the most Liberal Forum you will find  on these topics. A Libertarian blog-style upsets you doesnt it pinkBoy. If you dont like the candour go, follow your heart and bugger-off.

QUOTE:"If you don't want anyone to post freely here then shut down this forum and get a blog. If you continue to do this then I'm afraid you leave me no alternative but to leave as well......."

Your words pinkBoy.

Securious

You are bombastic, so full of yourself, you're not suitable for Union work. You have an enomous amount of time on your hands...ever work? No wonder you are on line all the time and on company time to boot we see. You couldn't organize a piss-up in a brewery, EUrethra, and you know it you lazy, good for nothing barstool.

Fascinated with this forum we see,bored with the trash at the other one?

NO! You grow a pair!

Take a hike we dont like you, now run along boy.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"[b]It is unfair to categorize all workers in any occupation as lazy..

[/b]

i don't know you and this is not personal (per se) but UNIONS ARE EVIL and unionized workers are evil, lazy, overpaid, spineless slugs....for government unions (teachers, posties, federal gvt. employees, rcmp, provincial etc etc) you can multiply that by a factor of 10.....there are days i wouldn't mind paying someone extra if they did a decent job but being in a govt union automatically means you will become a nasty, discourteous, ignorant, arrogant asshole when dealing with the people that pay your salary.......if i was king for a day the problem would be resolved post haste.....

oh by the way Shen...i was Korean in a past life...so there

Securious

Quote from: "Blue"I'm not familiar with the industry so I can only speculate.

But the ones I have been in I know a little .

Paper workers union, Carpenters union, and the UAW, the worst of the three.

All top union bosses are Masonic with no interest in workers' welfare at all.