Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

I Stole This From Bruce....

Started by Leopardsocks, April 07, 2015, 09:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"
Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Drug addict or smoker? Fuck off...why should we care more about your health than you do?

Don't hate on us smokers...  We pay our share, and more.  Taxes generated by tobacco sales in Canada:

2010-2011: $7,538,367,182.00

2011-2012: $7,430,202,120.00

2012-2013: $7,312,993,636.00

Obesity is a far bigger issue.  That, and smokers generally die fairly rapidly, therefor not causing excess strain on the system (relative to the taxes we've contributed over the years, as outlined above).

Australian tax rates on tobacco are almost identical to those of Canada, so assume similar figures as above also.

Both of them are very unhealthy..

I don't care if smokers dying prematurely is good for taxpayers either.

Anonymous

I've been smoking for 20 years.  I'm more fit than the majority of non-smokers my age.  

I come from a family of heavy smokers.  Each and every one lived past 80 with no health issues, and death came relatively quick.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"I've been smoking for 20 years.  I'm more fit than the majority of non-smokers my age.  

I come from a family of heavy smokers.  Each and every one lived past 80 with no health issues, and death came relatively quick.

Genetics determines a lot about health.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"

This ends when Governments start acting responsibly with other peoples' money.

Yes, we need health care...but with sensible limitations. If your kid has a snotty nose and you feel going to the doctor makes you a better parent, then you pay.

If you suffer serious illness that requires a costly treatment, we pay.

If you suffer a terminal illness and you are over 75...make your arrangements. Euthanasia will be provided on request.

Drug addict or smoker? Fuck off...why should we care more about your health than you do?

Single mothers who clearly breed recklessly and indifferently...tough shit, lady. You made your choice. No you pay. Although, alternately, the fathers will pay.

As to education...will someone tell me why we force our children into an education system more tailored to teachers than the children themselves?

I would like to see spending targetting  administrators and executives in health and education slashed dramatically. They are not front line workers and some have salaries in the $500k/annum. They are a waste of our money and do not affect front line delivery. Sell CBC too while we are at it.

RW

I can't argue with that Shen.

There are so many ways the government could save administrative costs that wouldn't affect delivery.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Leopardsocks

I love how smokers say I've been smoking for 450 centuries and I'm as healthy as the next guy.

I wish I could then open up their chest, and show them their own lungs. The sticky, malodourous brown-black tar...the very same tar that smoke produces in any environment, coating their lungs. Their respiratory system at a youthful age has adapted to continue functioning with only half its allocated resources...but soon gets tired, and starts to break down at around 50 years of age. If you're lucky.

Because they may see yellow-white pustules forming in the lungs. Small at first.

These are the cancer cells, just quietly going about their business.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"I love how smokers say I've been smoking for 450 centuries and I'm as healthy as the next guy.

I love how you failed to respond to the tax revenue figures that are generated by tobacco sales...

And yes, some of us smokers aren't as "unhealthy" as you may think!

Now, put me back on ignore.  Clearly something happened in the control panel, and it came "off."  Make sure to let RW and Renee know also, that posts are suddenly coming off of ignore here lately.  Admin should look into it.

Renee

No posts are coming off ignore, Ace.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"No posts are coming off ignore, Ace.

Clearly the ignore function is broken for you also...

Have you let the Admin know about this?

Renee

I use the ignore function selectively. It comes in handy during your drunken tirades.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

I bet!  Make sure Leopardsocks and RW don't find out you've been cheating on them.  They'll be furious...

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I can't argue with that Shen.

There are so many ways the government could save administrative costs that wouldn't affect delivery.

There are some others too. Rail inspectors are a waste of money. They make the odd visit to CN or CP and end sitting in the network management centres listening in on RTC radio transmissions.

Roadmasters and their deputies do all weekly infrastructure inspections and then dole out repair work to section crews or the larger gangs depending on the size of repairs needed and whether it is urgent or not. Slashing their jobs will not and never has affected rail safety. Don't let the enemies of this government who do not understand how the industry works frighten you.