The best topic

Replies: 10400
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:37:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Dear Canadians

Started by Leopardsocks, April 10, 2015, 01:28:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

easter bunny

asal

Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"Japanese women are pretty, and honourable!

Some, yes.  Most, I think.  Do you really need someone to teach you to take people on a case by case basis?

Anonymous

Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "Lucky Number 8"Japanese women are pretty, and honourable!

Some, yes.  Most, I think.  Do you really need someone to teach you to take people on a case by case basis?

Has Lucky Number 8 been to Japan?

I feel he has not.

ac_dunno

Leopardsocks

Of the 25 threads on the first page of TBC, 9 are Canada-centric, or Vancouver based.

There is a forum for Vancouver focused discussions already.

Threads which exclude other posters are not good for the forum. Hence, we need sub-categories, one of which will naturally be for Canadian affairs.

Personally, I am somewhat deterred by a rather too nationalistic flavour of this place. You may shrug and say "meh", and you have every right to do so.

That's what evs what do.

If TBC is going to cater for essentially Canadian contributions...as worthy and important as they are to Canadians...can someone please make that declaration so we as members can clearly understand the raison d'etre.

RW

Post some non-nationalistic items then.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Leopardsocks

I do.

You then declare I'm off topic.

RW

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"I do.

You then declare I'm off topic.

Because you were off topic hehehe
Beware of Gaslighters!

Leopardsocks

Because I'm not Canadian.

RW

Something I'm well aware of but I've never let that shortcoming count against you.
Beware of Gaslighters!

reel

What an odd thing to whinge about!

I guess things must be going well if the chronically whiney have found no other crank to turn.

Everyone else happy?  What do you all think of the Supreme Court striking down Harper's mandatory minimum sentencing for gun crimes?

Romero

QuoteThe ruling said the mandatory minimum sentence could ensnare people with "little or no moral fault" and who pose "little or no danger to the public." It cited as an example a person who inherits a firearm and does not immediately get a license for the weapon.

"As the Court of Appeal concluded, there exists a 'cavernous disconnect' between the severity of the licensing-type offence and the mandatory minimum three-year term of imprisonment," McLachlin wrote for the majority.

"The government has not established that mandatory minimum terms of imprisonment act as a deterrent against gun-related crimes," she wrote. "Empirical evidence suggests that mandatory minimum sentences do not, in fact, deter crimes."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/supreme-court-quashes-mandatory-minimum-sentences-for-gun-crimes-1.3031847">//http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/supreme-court-quashes-mandatory-minimum-sentences-for-gun-crimes-1.3031847

It was supposed to be 'tough on crime', but it doesn't sound that way and actually criminalizes gun owners!

No point in being 'tough on crime' if it's just an attempt to look good.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"Of the 25 threads on the first page of TBC, 9 are Canada-centric, or Vancouver based.

You're right Sox, this is the only country in the world that matters.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAb21kwqSAYM4apjsm0cD4OkL0NG6WAS5Q_IO9Sh0DZOevhXe1">