The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Safe Guns?

Started by RW, April 17, 2015, 12:08:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"We can pass laws to keep guns from the good guys, we can create devices to make them safer for the good guys .... but we cannot keep fully operational guns from those who would use them for bad purposes

There is no device nor law that can keep criminals from getting fully operational guns on the black market

It is the same with illegal drugs and prostitution.

cc

in that items in demand when legislated against or banned in itself creates sources .... yes it is.
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc la femme"in that items in demand when legislated against or banned in itself creates sources .... yes it is.

We all know prohibition never created a crime problem. ac_rollseyes

Leopardsocks

Quote from: "cc la femme"We can pass laws to keep guns from the good guys, we can create devices to make them safer for the good guys .... but we cannot keep fully operational guns from those who would use them for bad purposes

There is no device nor law that can keep criminals from getting fully operational guns on the black market

Why do good guys need guns?

Anonymous

Quote from: "Leopardsocks"

I don't need a gun Leopardsocks.

ac_wot

Leopardsocks

Exactly!!!

Yet that is the argument offered for allowing gun proliferation. "I'm a good guy. Therefore I need a gun, because the bad guys have one."

It is irrational. By that argument, every single person would own a firearm.

Yet that is the insanity that underpins American gun control discussions.

cc

ac_wot[/quote] Nice try, but you won't divert me that easily.

CLEARLY My point was "There is no device nor law that can keep criminals from getting fully operational guns on the black market" .. period

cc

Quote from: "cc la femme"

ac_wot
Nice try, but you won't divert me that easily.

CLEARLY My point was "There is no device nor law that can keep criminals from getting fully operational guns on the black market" .. period

cc

Quote from: "cc la femme"

ac_wot
Nice try, but you won't divert me that easily. I was not commenting on why anyone would need a gun or not.

CLEARLY My sole point was "There is no device nor law that can keep criminals from getting fully operational guns on the black market" .. period

period

Renee

Hey I never thought of posting my point of view multiple times so that it would sink into the old gents addled brain. God knows it can be a challenge to convey your point of view to a mentally rigid old goat like Socks.

Good idea cc.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Annie

A few years ago a neighbors kid a few doors down was saying stupid shit like, I don't like you, your white, I kill you, bang bang. We dismissed it as just kids being stupid. But later the older brother spouted off about his dad having a gun and saying stupid shit like he could kill anyone if he wanted to and my dad fights in an army back home.  I told my hubby and he asked me if we should get a gun. I said no but we opted to have a couple good bats by the door. Although a bat compared to a gun is a bit different.  I might be open to buying, registering and learning how to properly operate one. Also having a locking cabinet but still undecided.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

But kids won't be able to shoot their moms inWalmart
Beware of Gaslighters!

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Annie"A few years ago a neighbors kid a few doors down was saying stupid shit like, I don't like you, your white, I kill you, bang bang. We dismissed it as just kids being stupid. But later the older brother spouted off about his dad having a gun and saying stupid shit like he could kill anyone if he wanted to and my dad fights in an army back home.  I told my hubby and he asked me if we should get a gun. I said no but we opted to have a couple good bats by the door. Although a bat compared to a gun is a bit different.  I might be open to buying, registering and learning how to properly operate one. Also having a locking cabinet but still undecided.

I can take you out shooting, if you want to handle one...

Annie

I'm thinking more of in a legal firing range with a licensed teacher.  Make it like a family thing, where we all go together and learn.  My sister in law did it with her hubby and she said it was not only educational but fun.  I also want to learn archery. My brother does it and my daughter learned years ago. It's good upper body exercise.  I want to make the Merida cosplay for Fan Expo next year so I'd like to know more about bows and arrows anyways.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

RW

I still think there is a domestic application for those who insist on having a firearm.  It could have a significant impact on injuries with firearms of and by children and prevent accidental shootings.

The idea isn't to take guns away from people (in the US) but to make them safer to have in homes or carry on somebody's person.
Beware of Gaslighters!