News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

Some Arab/East Indian snuck on the bus without paying.

Started by RDL, April 17, 2015, 09:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "Romero"Yeah, I think it's fairly common in most major cities.

I wonder if drivers get into trouble for that?

ac_dunno

They know roughly how much revenue each bus should be taking in. If it's noticeably down they will assume the driver is stealing.

keeper

Quote from: "RDL"I was at the library, then I went to work, then I got on the bus back to the library.

On the bus back to the library, the bus stopped outside a liquor store, and some Arab/East Indian snuck on the bus without paying.

He was holding stuff he bought at the liquor store in both hands -- a plastic bag (likely with a bottle of hard liquor in it) in one hand, and a 12-pack of beer in the other hand.

He can afford to buy that much alcohol but he can't afford the two dollars and fifty cent bus fare? Hardly seems fair.

I dont pay attention to people, i mind my own business and that works for me.

Why not do a solid and pay it for him.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "RDL"I was at the library, then I went to work, then I got on the bus back to the library.

On the bus back to the library, the bus stopped outside a liquor store, and some Arab/East Indian snuck on the bus without paying.

He was holding stuff he bought at the liquor store in both hands -- a plastic bag (likely with a bottle of hard liquor in it) in one hand, and a 12-pack of beer in the other hand.

He can afford to buy that much alcohol but he can't afford the two dollars and fifty cent bus fare? Hardly seems fair.

I dont pay attention to people, i mind my own business and that works for me.

Why not do a solid and pay it for him.

But he could afford alcohol Keeper.

Frost

Yeah funny how people can afford alcohol, cigarettes, and a lucky lotto, but not a buss ticket.

I see that stuff all the time here, and they want more public assistance.

Keeps, good advise :)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frost"Yeah funny how people can afford alcohol, cigarettes, and a lucky lotto, but not a buss ticket.

I see that stuff all the time here, and they want more public assistance.

Yep, it's called priorities Frosty.

Frost

Yeah priorities, a fools priorities.

The way I was brought up is if priorities aren't affordable save up, or put them aside.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frost"Yeah priorities, a fools priorities.

The way I was brought up is if priorities aren't affordable save up, or put them aside.

I was raised with values too, but unfortunately far too many people were not.

Frost

It's a shame we all cater to the worthless wants of others.

Thanks to liberal ideas here they abound.

I can see basic needs to live on, and maybe even basic health care, but there should be good cause for the assistance.

I know you likely agree, but so many don't for some odd reason.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Frost"It's a shame we all cater to the worthless wants of others.

Thanks to liberal ideas here they abound.

I can see basic needs to live on, and maybe even basic health care, but there should be good cause for the assistance.

I know you likely agree, but so many don't for some odd reason.

Oh you're preaching to the choir Frosty.

Frost

Romero

ac_dunno

I think the company understands that the driver is in a tough position. They don't want any violence towards drivers, and making people walk at night is bad public relations.

I think it happens rarely enough that it's not really a big deal.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"

ac_dunno

I think the company understands that the driver is in a tough position. They don't want any violence towards drivers, and making people walk at night is bad public relations.

I think it happens rarely enough that it's not really a big deal.

It does seem bus drivers may not want to get into an argument with passengers.

Romero

It sure can be too much to ask for! Drunks, the mentally ill, or just the idea of making a woman or kid walk home late at night. It's not fair to have to deal with all that. It's pretty much just them. No coworkers, security nearby...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"It sure can be too much to ask for! Drunks, the mentally ill, or just the idea of making a woman or kid walk home late at night. It's not fair to have to deal with all that. It's pretty much just them. No coworkers, security nearby...

And taxi drivers too face dangers.

Romero

I was thinking about mentioning taxi drivers! In many cases, they have it worse.