The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Kangaroo Court

Started by RW, April 20, 2015, 07:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Sorry, I meant philosophical more than moral.

Then I too would choose a RW..

You were placed in a new life and you cannot go back home again..

All memories have passed and your family has grieved your loss.

Annie

I agree Fash, alcohol should be monitored more. It's more dangerous than marijuana.  Although I don't think people should operate equipment or drive while stoned either.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"I'll argue b for example.

I would seek out my family, if nothing more than to inform my husband I still exist.  If we could do nothing by communicate via electronic means, I would accept that fate.  Same with my children.  I would contact my original parents and siblings as well.  My relationship with them would be less complicated as I knew them since I was a child. I think it would give my loved ones peace to know I still live in their world.

It would be greatly comforting for them. I'm not sure what I would do. I think I would just let my conscience guide me. Maybe trying to strike a balance that would work for everyone would be the best way to go.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"I agree Fash, alcohol should be monitored more. It's more dangerous than marijuana.  Although I don't think people should operate equipment or drive while stoned either.

I would hope they don't Annie.

ac_wot

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I'll argue b for example.

I would seek out my family, if nothing more than to inform my husband I still exist.  If we could do nothing by communicate via electronic means, I would accept that fate.  Same with my children.  I would contact my original parents and siblings as well.  My relationship with them would be less complicated as I knew them since I was a child.  I think it would give my loved ones peace to know I still live in their world.

Or it might complicate their lives if they have accepted the loss and moved on.

ac_umm

Renee

Honestly I think the only choice is "A". After being reborn; by the time you are old enough to make contact with your previous family you are probably already attached and part of your new family. At that point why would you go through the effort and emotional pain of contacting a bunch of people who in all likelihood would be very troubled at your entry into their lives. Your previous family probably wouldn't believe you and would think of your story as a cruel prank. There is a high probability your previous family would think of you as a disturbed stalker. Who needs that noise?

Besides IMHO, the purpose of reincarnation (if it exists) is to move on through a new life experience and not to dwell in the past. The past is over and done, leave it where it belongs.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Honestly I think the only choice is "A". After being reborn; by the time you are old enough to make contact with your previous family you are probably already attached and part of your new family. At that point why would you go through the effort and emotional pain of contacting a bunch of people who in all likelihood would be very troubled at your entry into their lives. Your previous family probably wouldn't believe you and would think of your story as a cruel prank. There is a high probability your previous family would think of you as a disturbed stalker. Who needs that noise?

Besides IMHO, the purpose of reincarnation (if it exists) is to move on through a new life experience and not to dwell in the past. The past is over and done, leave it where it belongs.

You stole my answer Renee. By the time a baby is old enough to find them, I would assume she has the same attachment to her new home. Her former husband could be married if he's still alive. Nothing good good come out of the second one.

RW

What about family - parents/siblings, etc?
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"What about family - parents/siblings, etc?

They have buried their daughter/sister. Do they really want to dig her up?

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "easter bunny"Most of the people I know of who drank or did drugs were self medicating.  ac_dunno

They were self-medicating a genetic predisposition for substance abuse.

Contrary to "old school" thought, people are genetically wired to abstain, to use, or to abuse.

We try to find a "fix" with meds, but current meds don't work.  They cannot "re-wire" a brain.  They cannot "fix" personality flaws.

Substance abuse isn't typically the outcome of a terrible environment.  It is the outcome of shitty genes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"
Quote from: "easter bunny"Most of the people I know of who drank or did drugs were self medicating.  ac_dunno

Contrary to "old school" thought, people are genetically wired to abstain, to use, or to abuse.

We try to find a "fix" with meds, but current meds don't work.  They cannot "re-wire" a brain.  They cannot "fix" personality flaws.

Substance abuse isn't typically the outcome of a terrible environment.  It is the outcome of shitty genes.

I have heard genes influence whether one is more likely to abuse substances Mel Gibson.

Mel Gibson

It is true.  Newer pharmaceuticals are trying to address this, but they simply just block the receptors.  IE, you can drink, but you don't get "drunk," per se...

Newer drugs are showing some promise, especially in Europe.  However, it is still a band-aid fix.

We need to find a way to re-wire the brain.  I know some may equate this as doing "God's Work," but the fact is that Meds cannot cure what ails society.  Understand that killers, rapists, drunks, drug addicts, etc. are no different from each other...  Their brain simply doesn't work properly.  Of course, this is a wide spectrum to incorporate, but nonetheless the answer is the same...  They all do what they do, not because of how they were raised, but moreso are simply genetically predisposed to do so...  A faulty brain.  Or, at least faulty when compared to societal norms and expectations!

easter bunny

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"

Sorry but I don't buy that. I'm living proof that it's BS.

RW

They say alcoholism is genetic.
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"They say alcoholism is genetic.

I'd better start drinking then.  ac_wot