The best topic

Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

Kangaroo Court

Started by RW, April 20, 2015, 07:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Renee

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Look into the "Minnesota Twin Study."

Very interesting study.

The Shrinks that disagreed, and even others that agreed with it, have a vested interest to sweep it under the rug.  The reason being?  They have a vested interest in a roster of current and new clients.  It pays their bills.

No conspiracy.  Simply put, Shrinks really don't want the public to know how limited their abilities really are.  They earn money 'fixing' people.  The truth is, many people cannot be 'fixed.'

Sounds like you are about ready for a membership in the Church of Scientology.  ac_toofunny

The truth of the matter is we are never going to agree on this because our real world experiences are completely different and our out looks on life are polar opposites. You're looking for a reason to throw in the towel and I'm still in the ring slugging it out.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Renee"Sounds like you are about ready for a membership in the Church of Scientology.  ac_toofunny

Read the study.  It wasn't some fly-by-night study.  It was conducted over many years.  Have you even heard of it?  It is well known in Shrink circles.

And I'm an Atheist.  No religions or cults for me!

Renee

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"
Quote from: "Renee"Sounds like you are about ready for a membership in the Church of Scientology.  ac_toofunny

Read the study.  It wasn't some fly-by-night study.  It was conducted over many years.  Have you even heard of it?  It is well known in Shrink circles.

And I'm an Atheist.  No religions or cults for me!

I've seen the study it's been around a long time and as it applies to addiction, it is flawed. In no was shape or form does genetics create a situation where the individual has NO choice but to become an addict. Sorry, that argument is ludicrous.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Mel Gibson

I've never said there isn't a choice, ultimately.  The debate here at this point is what is genetic, and what is environmental.  There is a big difference...

Renee

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"I've never said there isn't a choice, ultimately.  The debate here at this point is what is genetic, and what is environmental.  There is a big difference...

Sure there is a difference but which one is the determining factor in addiction. You seem to think genetics has destined you to be a raging drunk. I say that's a steaming pile.

Mel Gibson

This discussion is certainly not about me.  It is all-encompassing...

Renee

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"This discussion is certainly not about me.  It is all-encompassing...

Even so it still applies.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Mel Gibson"I've never said there isn't a choice, ultimately.  The debate here at this point is what is genetic, and what is environmental.  There is a big difference...

Sure there is a difference but which one is the determining factor in addiction. You seem to think genetics has destined you to be a raging drunk. I say that's a steaming pile.

I agree, but isn't a possible with someone with alcoholic genes should avoid all alcohol?

RW

Is this hair awesome or not?

http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/pastel-hair-trend-4__605.jpg">
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Is this hair awesome or not?

http://static.boredpanda.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/pastel-hair-trend-4__605.jpg">

Stop thread bombing. ac_biggrin

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"Is this hair awesome or not?

no comment