The best topic

Replies: 10395
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 12:27:42 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Sloan

Confessions of Cashewers

Started by RW, April 25, 2015, 07:04:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 4 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

keeper

I once made out with my best friends mom in their camper in Banff National Park while her husband and my friend were just outside.

I once beat up a cop and broke his nose defending a girl a had a thing for.(that was a bad day for me lol)

Im a total geek when it comes to gaming.

Renee

Quote from: "Keeper"I once made out with my best friends mom in their camper in Banff National Park while her husband and my friend were just outside.

ac_cool Details, we need details.  ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

asal

Quote from: "reel"Up until a few years ago, I suffered terrible anxiety every time I had to pick up a telephone.  I couldn't phone anyone unless I knew them very well, including things like restaurant takeout or information services without freezing up and often hanging up the phone as soon as someone answered.

Reel, I know someone else who went through this with phones.  

I had anxiety about something else (due to culture shock), it lasted a few weeks until someone told me to smarten up. Your phone thing is probably cured now?  The person I knew who had the phone problem hadn't gotten over it last time I talked to her, in person.  I used to work with her, and she couldn't pick up a phone.  I wonder what it is about phones?

Quote from: "RW"
Quote from: "reel"
Quote from: "RW"Okay that's funny in a sad anxiety kind of way.

I used to have moderately debilitating anxiety.  I was terrified of telephones, on occasion, I would have to run from crowded places due to an attack, public speaking was much like an execution, etc.  I was also extremely shy.  On the positive side, smashing those issues is one of my proudest achievements.  Through a combination of training, planning, luck, the girl in the red dress, and determination, I overcame them.  At 24 I couldn't touch a phone receiver without breaking out in a cold sweat.  By 34, I became vice president of business development of an internationally recognized firm, use a phone regularly (though I still dislike it), and regularly make presentations in front of hundreds of people (almost) without issue.

I was much the same way.  High anxiety that was overcome through necessity and duty.  I can public speak my ass off now and actually get invited to facilitate events :)

^

Back when I was teaching english, I had one class at the beginning where I completely froze up.  No one knows this :)  I'm very comfortable public speaking now - the bigger the crowd the better (although I'm shy one on one - talking to a group or crowd is no problem).

Bricktop

Oh, I didn't mention I'm a gamer as well.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Prestige, Level 1...a few shots short of Level 2.

Some 48 year old footsoldier was bragging about he could kick ass at his age. HAH!!!

Annie

I'm a Trekky and a Star Wars Geek, but not my fault. My brother and hubby turned me!
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

keeper

Quote from: "Annie"I'm a Trekky and a Star Wars Geek, but not my fault. My brother and hubby turned me!

Welcome to the DARKSIDE  acc_devil

Annie

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Annie"I'm a Trekky and a Star Wars Geek, but not my fault. My brother and hubby turned me!

ac_biggrin  ac_hithere
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

keeper

Quote from: "Annie"
Quote from: "Keeper"

ac_biggrin  ac_hithere

Hey Bannie,,  acc_hugz

Annie

RW

I avoided being a Trekky then they got me with the hot young guys in the latest ones.

I love Star Wars!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Annie

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Ewoks ROCK!!!

They do! And so do Wookies! My daughter wants to make a Wookie cos play but it would be way too hot for her to wear. We were going to call her Cookie the Wookie lolol

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!