The best topic

Replies: 10403
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

Ben E King of Stand By Me fame dead at 76

Started by Gay Boy Roberto, May 01, 2015, 02:48:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 3 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Gay Boy Roberto

One of the greatest songs - evah!

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwZNL7QVJjE

MORE:  http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-stand-by-me-singer-ben-e-king-has-died-20150501-story.html">http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mu ... story.html">http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-stand-by-me-singer-ben-e-king-has-died-20150501-story.html
People hate as they love, unreasonably.

- William Makepeace Thackeray

Renee

\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "RW"I play it on bass and sing it :(

I sing it too when I'm on my third mojito. ac_dance  ac_drinks

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Gay Boy Roberto

Before he went solo, Mr King was the lead singer of the Drifters.  What a great voice!

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-XQ26KePUQ

Anonymous

Mel Gibson

Without the movie of the same name, I doubt anyone would've even known the song or artist...

Renee

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Without the movie of the same name, I doubt anyone would've even known the song or artist...

You're dumber than a bag of hair.

Just for your edification, when the song was RERELEASED in 1986 as part of the "Stand by Me" soundtrack almost EVERYONE was already aware of the song. Ben E King's original version was recorded I 1961 and made the top 10 of that year and if memory serves John Lennon also recorded and released a version in the mid 70s (the inspector can probably confirm the exact year). Ben E. King was well known long before 86. Songs like "Save the Last Dance for Me" and "Spanish Harlem" are fucking legendary.

I guess we shouldn't expect some red neck, dirt clod, imbecile who was raised by mentally screwed, barely literate, prison cafeteria guards to know anything. ac_toofunny
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Gay Boy Roberto

Mel thinks "Pretty Woman" came out in 1990 with the Julia Roberts movie; otherwise no-one would remember the song

Mel Gibson

Quote from: "Renee"
Quote from: "Mel Gibson"Without the movie of the same name, I doubt anyone would've even known the song or artist...

Just for your edification, when the song was RERELEASED in 1986 as part of the "Stand by Me" soundtrack almost EVERYONE was already aware of the song. Ben E King's original version was recorded I 1961 and made the top 10 of that year and if memory serves John Lennon also recorded and released a version in the mid 70s (the inspector can probably confirm the exact year). Ben E. King was well known long before 86. Songs like "Save the Last Dance for Me" and "Spanish Harlem" are fucking legendary.

I guess we shouldn't expect some red neck, dirt clod, imbecile who was raised by mentally screwed, barely literate, prison cafeteria guards to know anything. ac_toofunny

You are providing history that I am well aware of.

I don't need to know when it was originally recorded, or when the movie was released.

You seem to think that you have to "school" me on this...  You don't.

Renee

Quote from: "Mel Gibson"
Quote from: "Renee"

You are providing history that I am well aware of.

I don't need to know when it was originally recorded, or when the movie was released.

You seem to think that you have to "school" me on this...  You don't.

Yeah okay; thanks for the typical moronic backpedaling bullshit. If you knew this then your previous post shouldn't have been so ignorant.

Get a clue moron.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Gay Boy Bob"Mel thinks "Pretty Woman" came out in 1990 with the Julia Roberts movie; otherwise no-one would remember the song

Is that how this song became famous?

Gay Boy Roberto

Fashionista - It was a #1 hit for Roy Orbison in 1964 - the year of the Beatles.

The movie came out 26 years later.