Replies: 10393
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 09:41:25 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by DKG

10 Things you might not know about me.

Started by keeper, May 06, 2015, 10:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Keeper"Holy fuck i cant make a spelling mistake.

[size=200]Perogies[/size]

She probably didn't know it was a typo - calm down!
Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

Quote from: "Opie Kindred"

10- I refused to talk the elevator and took the staircase to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Are the stairs free to climb - no charge?

Bricktop

No. Same price whether you walk or ride.

Annie

Quote from: "asal"
Quote from: "Opie Kindred"

10- I refused to talk the elevator and took the staircase to the top of the Eiffel Tower.

Are the stairs free to climb - no charge?

I don't usually talk to elevators, I'm more of a staircase kinda gal..... :laugh3:
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Bricktop

You may reconsider on the Eiffel...its a loooooong way to the top...

@realAzhyaAryola

1. I was stung by a sea urchin in the waters of Tahiti.

2. Polynesians in Tahiti spoke to me in their native tongue thinking I'm one of them.

3. I almost had a tattoo done around my ankle in Tahiti. I'm so grateful I did not pursue it.

4. I used to send Christmas cards to a tour guide in New Zealand until he and his wife stopped reciprocating. I hope they are well.

5. I used to send Christmas cards to a lady in Ottawa who gave me a ride back to my hotel after I attended service at her church near Parliament Hill. It was a cold day in November and I had joined their little coffee hour after the service and introduced myself as a visitor from Washington, D.C. She too stopped sending me Christmas cards as well. I hope she's still around and well too.

6. Pat, in Kingston, Jamaica, also stopped sending me Christmas cards. I hope she's well too. She was my counterpart at the Ministry of Finance in Kingston. She took me around Kingston and prepared the little office for me while I was there briefly.

7. Once, my flight from Frankfurt to Münster failed to show up so the airline put me and 3 men in dark suits in a limousine and the driver drove us to the Münster Airport. That was the most awkward time I've ever spent in a car with strangers.

7. At the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market) in Gütersloh, Germany, I had the best bratwurst that I've ever had.

8. Versailles has the most exquisite interior I've ever seen among the famous landmarks of our world. I like all the bedrooms, parlors, dining room, the gardens, and the hall of mirrors.

9. My favorite museums are the Metropolitan Museum of New York and DC's Smithsonian museums.

10. No man-made building can impress me more than the American Southwest and the Canadian Rockies combined.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

asal

Quote from: "SPECTRE"You may reconsider on the Eiffel...its a loooooong way to the top...

If no one else is there, it might be nice.  

Quote from: "SPECTRE"No. Same price whether you walk or ride.

^ok, that removes my interest.

Annie

Quote from: "SPECTRE"You may reconsider on the Eiffel...its a loooooong way to the top...

Other than that....elevator sounds better lol
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

asal

1.  I wrote my name on the top of a mountain :)  (in a guest book).

2.  I like to learn languages.

3.  I majored in biology so that no one can fool me (I wanted to understand science well).  I also took a ton of philosophy courses.

4.  I like low-tech things like brooms, walking and bicycles (recently got a bike and really like commuting by bike).

5.  My dog wants to go for a walk.

6.  I like the journey part of travelling.

7.  I thought I would be a chef when I was a kid ... but I'm not.

8.  Someone in my family had a private pilot's license - I hope to do that one day.

9.  I'm going to Newfoundland sometime soon ... I'll post pictures (I don't take a lot of pictures, but there will be a few).

10.  I'm good at looking after animals.

11.  I've been to the Eiffel Tower in 2011 - but it was by mistake.  I missed a flight and took an unplanned flight to Paris - where I was stuck for a day without any money.  I saw the Eiffel Tower - so beautiful!!!!  I'm very happy I saw that.

Frood

1. I have 5 middle names because my parents couldn't decide on just one.

2. The smell of milk makes my stomach churn.

3. I've eaten tarantula, grasshoppers, ants, scorpions, and other assorted bugs.

4. I'm curled up in bed with a hot water bottle at the time of this list making.

5. If there was a spaceship ready for a one way trip away from Earth, I would be on it.

6. I got a stupid tattoo on my ankle of the tv character Alf holding a kitten when I was 18 and backpacking through Thailand, then got it removed months later.

7. My dream job would be as a lighthouse keeper on some remote coastline.

8. I often crave shellfish and carrot cake but never at the same time.

9. Verses of Pablo Neruda are the ultimate panty removers.

10. I don't like typing without a physical keyboard. Touch screens annoy me.
Blahhhhhh...

RW

You got an Alf tattoo and had it removed?!  Are you insane?!

ac_biggrin
Beware of Gaslighters!

Frood

It looked more like a Golden Retriever with a hand puppet. :)
Blahhhhhh...

RW

ROFL!

I have to Google bad Alf tattoos now.
Beware of Gaslighters!

keeper

Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"1. I have 5 middle names because my parents couldn't decide on just one.

3. I've eaten tarantula, grasshoppers, ants, scorpions, and other assorted bugs.

4. I'm curled up in bed with a hot water bottle at the time of this list making.

5. If there was a spaceship ready for a one way trip away from Earth, I would be on it.

6. I got a stupid tattoo on my ankle of the tv character Alf holding a kitten when I was 18 and backpacking through Thailand, then got it removed months later.

I have 5 middle names because my parents couldn't decide on just one.

John David Patrick Gregory Paul?  ac_toofunny

:sneaky2:

Frood

Quote from: "Keeper"
Quote from: "Dinky Dianna"1. I have 5 middle names because my parents couldn't decide on just one.

I have 5 middle names because my parents couldn't decide on just one.

John David Patrick Gregory Paul?  ac_toofunny

:sneaky2:

How did you know?  ac_biggrin
Blahhhhhh...