Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Dear Friends

Started by Bricktop, May 10, 2015, 07:48:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romero

Quote from: "SPECTRE"The Blue Cashew was intended, according to my information, to be non-national, and non-racial. Hence, "The Blue Cashew". Geddit?

This forum is a Canadian forum as in it's in Canada and most of the posters are Canadian. If I visited an Australian based forum for whatever reason, I would call it an Australian forum. Nobody ever said this forum was only Canada or only for Canadians, and it's not.  

People here are simply discussing whatever they want. It's not our problem if you don't like it. You get to post whatever you want. You don't see anyone here telling you to keep it off the main page.

We're posting the exact same kind of things we wanted to at any other forum. Why would we change what we wish to write about? Nobody knew you'd get all pissy about us discussing the same things we've always discussed.

RW

Technically, it's not in Canada.

What's wrong with categories?  I'm asking since you can't then the thread card at me and skirt the discussion with bullshit :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

It's not busy enough to warrant sub-forums. The bottom threads on the main page are from two days ago. We need a sub-forum because somebody had to find one thread?  

We don't need a sub-forum just because one person doesn't like seeing Canadians discussing Canadian issues.

RW

The question is, will subforum generate more discussion?  I saw it on Blurt's board back in the day.  He had categories and it inspired people to post a variety of topics.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Romerotard is displaying exactly the attitude that will eventually undermine this forum. He's taking an opposing stance because of personal animosity.

I am trying to MAKE it busy enough, he is just being obstructive.

Nothing changes.

RW

He's only one person and so far, the only one with an opposing view.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

I say let's experiment with categorization because it can't hurt. This place has experienced little or no growth since the split and if it is going to survive it has to revive interest and attract new members. If Romero has a better idea he better produce it because this place is on the edge of being just another dead forum. All it needs is for one or two regulars to lose interest and probably 50% of the current forum traffic will cease.

Again, if someone wants to put in the effort to create a sub forum and maintain it, then by all means do it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

I think you're a fatalist renee.  This forum could sustain people losing interest - it does all the time.  There's nothing to panic about.  You posters are a core group with a forum habit.  You've all become close and eliminated a lot of your problems (myself, for example).  About categorization - I have an opinion but I don't think I should make suggestions.

RW

What do you mean eliminated our problems (you)?

Why shouldn't you make suggestions?
Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

Quote from: "RW"What do you mean eliminated our problems (you)?

Why shouldn't you make suggestions?

I was a problem that I'm sure many of you are relieved to be rid of :)  

I thought maybe I shouldn't make suggestions, although you guys are fine with it, because I'm not as involved as most of you.

RW

Are you being sarcastic?  You?  A problem?!  NO WAY!

I think you should make suggestions :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

:)

On this subject, categorization, I don't like categories.  My opinion aligns generally with Romero's.  I didn't like how blurt's forum was set up into categories.  But, a few categories wouldn't hurt - just so long as the whole thing wasn't categorized (as blurt's was).

RW

I didn't like categories until Blurt'z place inspires me to post things I normally wouldn't have.

I think that's a good compromise - categories while maintaining the main board :)
Beware of Gaslighters!

asal

And, it is a Canadian forum that should focus more on Canadian topics.  We should agree on that before proceeding.

Grade B maple syrup is better (better taste although less dense) than grade A.