News:

SMF - Just Installed!

The best topic

Replies: 10392
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Know anyone who might want a PT Job with Vancouver Transit?

Started by Superchecker, May 15, 2015, 09:07:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Reported as of July 2. Part time to start
Quote from: "Superchecker"Coast Mountain Bus Company is in need of 8 more temp to start Customer Information Clerks, $ 23 an hour. Plus temps earn an extra 21 % more in lieu of benefits.

Regular status brings paid benefits.

Located in North Surrey.

Click onto Coast Mountain Bus Company off of http://www.translink.ca/careers">http://www.translink.ca/careers

Hello Superchecker.

ac_hithere

Berry Sweet

Quote from: "Herman"
Quote from: "Berry Sweet"It can be done.  People just don't know how to live within means.  They just want, want, want....so many people have debt for stupid reasons...

That's it exactly.

Im always right.

My kids dad has a massive debt for stupid shit...he has nothing to show for it.  Its gonna take him over 10 years to pay off.  All I can do is laugh.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"Reported as of July 2. Part time to start
Quote from: "Superchecker"Coast Mountain Bus Company is in need of 8 more temp to start Customer Information Clerks, $ 23 an hour. Plus temps earn an extra 21 % more in lieu of benefits.

Regular status brings paid benefits.

Located in North Surrey.

Click onto Coast Mountain Bus Company off of http://www.translink.ca/careers">http://www.translink.ca/careers

Do you ride transit for free Superchecker?

Superchecker

Quote from: "Fashionista"

Regular status employees get a system wide transit pass, and an optional -and taxable- pass for spouse or child.

Temp status employees don't get a pass. Unless specifically required for their position.
<t></t>

Anonymous

Quote from: "Superchecker"

Regular status employees get a system wide transit pass, and an optional -and taxable- pass for spouse or child.

Temp status employees don't get a pass. Unless specifically required for their position.

Sup. How's Vancouver's sexiest transit operator? You and the missus enjoying your summer?

Anonymous

Do you use your transit pass on your days off?

Superchecker

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Sup. How's Vancouver's sexiest transit operator? You and the missus enjoying your summer?

Doing well, thank you. Vegas back in May, Okanagan valley in September.
<t></t>

Superchecker

Sometimes, yes. If heading downtown, or to the airport, yes.

The Mrs doesn't drive, so she uses hers daily to/from work.
<t></t>

Anonymous

That's a nice perk Superchecker..

Vancouver has the most expensive public transit of any city I've ever seen.

@realAzhyaAryola

That's a nice perk Superchecker..

Vancouver has the most expensive public transit of any city I've ever seen.

The Zone 1, Zone 2, etcetera confuses me.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

@realAzhyaAryola

Maybe it's the same with the Metro Transit in Washington, D.C. There is the red line, blue line, yellow line, etcetera. You pay more if you go farther.
@realAzhyaAryola

[size=80]Sometimes, my comments have a touch of humor, often tongue-in-cheek, so don\'t take it so seriously.[/size]

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"Maybe it's the same with the Metro Transit in Washington, D.C. There is the red line, blue line, yellow line, etcetera. You pay more if you go farther.

I like Calgary. Edmonton, and Toronto transit where one fee allows you to go anywhere in the city and transfer from buses to rapid transit and vice versa.

@realAzhyaAryola

The same with Maryland/DC/Virginia where I used to be. You just buy a card that you can use on bus and train. The initial purchase of it is $10.00 and then you top it up to the amount of your choice. Some people actually put $500.00 worth in it. I've seen it done. Back there, we call it the SmarTrip card. You can register it online and manage it, top it up online too with the payment method of your choice.
@realAzhyaAryola

@realAzhyaAryola

The SmarTrip card.

https://www.wmata.com/fares/smartrip/images/Smartrip_card-Bus_121508_104_1.jpg">
@realAzhyaAryola

Anonymous

Quote from: "@realAzhyaAryola"The same with Maryland/DC/Virginia where I used to be. You just buy a card that you can use on bus and train. The initial purchase of it is $10.00 and then you top it up to the amount of your choice. Some people actually put $500.00 worth in it. I've seen it done. Back there, we call it the SmarTrip card. You can register it online and manage it, top it up online too with the payment method of your choice.

That is better than Vancouver..

Public transit there is expensive and so is gasoline.