Last post: Today at 07:05:02 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by James Bond

The Blue Cashew has advertising!

Started by J0E, May 25, 2015, 12:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Needs boobs.

Okay let's see em. ac_biggrin
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

Scarlett Johansson..

And the ukrainian bond girl from quantum of solace.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"Tempting....

Not with that "thing" sleazing around, bombing threads for attention. Something needs to be done about it.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

RW

I agree.

I think we should open up "The Library" and shove him and RDL in it.

:)
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

Attention seeking... Yea thats what they call me.

I dont even like to be singled out in my birthday parties.

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I agree.

Good idea,  a "dumpster" of sorts is really needed to contain the window lickers.   ac_biggrin

keeper

ac_popcorn  ac_popcorn  ac_popcorn

Tatterdamelion

Quote from: "Renee"

Good idea,  a "dumpster" of sorts is really needed to contain the window lickers.   ac_biggrin

The things behind the window attracts men like the Amsterdam Red District. A Library subforum where sleazies are forced to go will not work. A Red District subforum with boobies will make sleazies go there automatically.

Renee

Quote from: "Tatterdamelion"
Quote from: "Renee"

The things behind the window attracts men like the Amsterdam Red District. A Library subforum where sleazies are forced to go will not work. A Red District subforum with boobies will make sleazies go there automatically.

A confinement forum is not exactly supposed to be a fun place.  ac_toofunny

It's kinda like control underwear. You may not want to wear it but for some people it's absolutely necessary.  ac_biggrin

Odinson

I´m semi introvert...

Its not like I cant hold my own socially but I´m not the center of the attention nor do I want to be.

Its a northern trait..

If I really wanted attention, I would live in some smelly mediterranean shithole of a city... There I would shine like a lighthouse.

J0E

Does it cost the website owner anything to implement and use Google AdSense?

Or are they only charged if someone clicks on the Ads?

And how does the selection of advertisers work? Does Google supply its client with the advertisers or does the client find them him or herself?

Quote from: "Frost"I just found this, it tells a little about it. :)

http://www.madebymarket.com/help/ads/how-much-money-can-you-make-with-google-adsense.html">http://www.madebymarket.com/help/ads/ho ... sense.html">http://www.madebymarket.com/help/ads/how-much-money-can-you-make-with-google-adsense.html

[size=150]"Website Traffic and Pageviews

[/size]

The only way you are going to make money with advertising on the internet is if you have an audience. You need people to visit your website and in the case of Google AdSense, some small portion of those people need to click on your ads. If nobody clicks your ads, then you aren't going to make money. That's just the way it is.

On average anywhere from 1-10% of your visitors might click on an ad, so just to be safe assume some low number like 1%. To calculate how much your ads are worth, you can take the cost per click and multiply it by the number of clicks you can expect to get based on your traffic. So, if you have 100 page views and a click through rate of 1%, you will get 1 click on average. If your CPC (cost per click) is $1, then you might make $1 per 100 page views. The same formula is used to determine CPM, which is the cost per 1,000 ad views. In the case of the above estimate, you are looking at a CPM of $10.

Now, given an average CPM, it becomes pretty obvious how traffic impacts how much money you can make with Google AdSense. At $10 CPM, you need 10,000 pageviews to make $100. Next time you see a picture of someone holding up an AdSense check, think about how much traffic they needed to make that money. For many people, it is not possible to get that much traffic.

The question for you is, how much traffic do you think you can get to your website? How much are you already getting? Traffic is going to play a big role in how much money you can make from Google AdSense.

How Much Will Adv"

RW

Quote from: "Frank"Does it cost the website owner anything to implement and use Google AdSense?

No.

QuoteOr are they only charged if someone clicks on the Ads?

The owner is paid by click

QuoteAnd how does the selection of advertisers work? Does Google supply its client with the advertisers or does the client find them him or herself?

Google does it all.
Beware of Gaslighters!