Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 03:28:20 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Biggie Smiles

Texas flood

Started by kiebers, May 24, 2015, 09:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiebers

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWjlUfLqKcc

There are times when a little help is necessary, even in Texas. Between Texas and Oklahoma I imagine the damage will go into the billions. It's not over yet, the surge is heading south. Lots more flooding on the way downstream.

Freeway feeder on Interstate 35 in San Marcos.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5dFUAGGmU8

Car with occupants swept away. Car occupants did get out safely somehow.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXJ6l5FtwHE

Misc flooding.

">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWfu5QUAhNs

The lightening flash boiled the moisture in the tree, causing it to explode. There's pieces 30 feet away.

">

Bridge washed out in Blanco Tx

">

">

A bridge in Wimberely Tx  or whats left of it.

">
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

Anonymous

That is terrible kiebers..

My heart weeps for the people who are suffering..

I know their pain..

We were forced to evacuate our house due to the Southern Alberta floods.

kiebers

It is terrible but as long as we have a minimum loss of life its all good. Anyone that builds close to a river has to expect this to happen and always be prepared. Fortunately my house in the hill country is high enough to never have this happen, or if it did its 40 days and nights all over again and it won't matter. My Houston home is reasonably safe from flooding. Of course my Galveston home is definitely in the path of destruction from hurricanes. But we know this and choose to have a home there. When I rebuild in the next few years I will be at least 3 feet higher than the water got that ruined my place.
I've learned that if someone asks you a really stupid question and you reply by telling them what time it is, they'll leave you alone

RW

You have two homes?!

Stay safe kiebs!
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "kiebers"It is terrible but as long as we have a minimum loss of life its all good. Anyone that builds close to a river has to expect this to happen and always be prepared. Fortunately my house in the hill country is high enough to never have this happen, or if it did its 40 days and nights all over again and it won't matter. My Houston home is reasonably safe from flooding. Of course my Galveston home is definitely in the path of destruction from hurricanes. But we know this and choose to have a home there. When I rebuild in the next few years I will be at least 3 feet higher than the water got that ruined my place.

The houses that had the most damage in Alberta were built on a flood plain as you said kiebers..

Our house was damaged, but we were able to clean it up and repair it as it was before the flood..

It is close, but not next to the Bow River.

kiebers

Quote from: "RW"You have two homes?!

Stay safe kiebs!

Three if you count the one I am fixing to tear down and rebuild. Property poor.

kiebers

Quote from: "kiebers"

Stay safe kiebs!

No danger here. That will be in a few years when we retire to Galveston. But we will never chance it. We will get the hell out of Dodge. (American saying)

kiebers

I hate it when I hit the quote button instead of the edit button...LOL

RW

We say "Get the hell out of Dodge" here too :)

I actually pick where I am going to live keeping natural disasters in mind.
Beware of Gaslighters!

kiebers

Fortunately we have enough family and friends scattered about the area that we have no problem barging in on someone.

Renee

Quote from: "kiebers"It is terrible but as long as we have a minimum loss of life its all good. Anyone that builds close to a river has to expect this to happen and always be prepared. Fortunately my house in the hill country is high enough to never have this happen, or if it did its 40 days and nights all over again and it won't matter. My Houston home is reasonably safe from flooding. Of course my Galveston home is definitely in the path of destruction from hurricanes. But we know this and choose to have a home there. When I rebuild in the next few years I will be at least 3 feet higher than the water got that ruined my place.

My dad did the same thing when he rebuilt the shore house after hurricane Sandy. So far, so good but then again there hasn't been any storms on the Jersey shore of any major magnitude since he rebuilt it. I guess time will tell.

Stay safe , stay dry.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Bricktop

DON'T DRINK THE WATER!!!

Anonymous

Stay safe kiebs!

No danger here. That will be in a few years when we retire to Galveston. But we will never chance it. We will get the hell out of Dodge. (American saying)

Is Galveston your retirement choice kiebers?

kiebers

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Is Galveston your retirement choice kiebers?

Yes it is. We have had the place for over 20 years. Wife's dad built it and she has been going there since 1968. We both love to fish and boating so its great all around and a commonality that helped bring us together and keep us together.

Odinson

Kiebers was in Nam killing some g00ks.