Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 08:39:50 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

A

Political Correctness May Kill US...Literally

Started by Anonymous, December 28, 2015, 08:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Neither of you two airheads can read.

I specifically said "revenue GENERATION". That is the process by which revenue is derived from some form of production which results in goods or services sold and profit made.

Bimbo and Blimpo.

C'mon girls...true arguing with fact and reason.

Yes, we can read.  

You're breath is blowing back in your face and you think we farted while your mouth was open.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Quote from: "RW"

I specifically said "revenue GENERATION". That is the process by which revenue is derived from some form of production which results in goods or services sold and profit made.

Bimbo and Blimpo.

Yes, we can read.  

You're breath is blowing back in your face and you think we farted while your mouth was open.

You know that's a thing. Some people get off on that shit.  :yuk:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

I'm happy to report that I am not one of those people.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Renee

Well glad to hear it. There is nothing worse than fart breath. My boss has fart breath.

Speaking of which, I have to go to bed. I have to be up in 3 hours so I can make myself office presentable.

Good night everyone.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Romero

QuoteGOP turns 'political correctness' into the mother of all straw men

Back in the summer, when Megyn Kelly confronted Donald Trump with a few of the nasty things he had said about women, the candidate had a simple retort.

"The big problem this country has is being politically correct," he said.

The big problem? Not economic growth, or terrorism, or war against the Islamic State. No, the big problem in these United States is political correctness.

Since that first debate, Trump and his fellow Republican presidential candidates have connected political correctness to virtually every issue: Vladimir Putin. Immigration. The San Bernardino shooting. Planned Parenthood. David Cameron. The Islamic State. Gun ownership. Social networks. Demagoguery. Muslims. Women in the military. Israel. American exceptionalism. Climate change. Education. The mental-health system. The media. The national debt. Drug addiction. Prisoners of war. Women. Torture. Trans fats.

"Political correctness is killing people," Ted Cruz said at last week's debate.

Ben Carson warned of a conspiracy "to give away American values and principles for the sake of political correctness."

The notion of political correctness became popular on college campuses a quarter-century ago but has recently grown into the mother of all straw men. Once a pejorative term applied to liberals' determination not to offend any ethnic or other identity group, it now is used lazily by some conservatives to label everything classified under "that with which I disagree." GOP candidates are now using the "politically correct" label to shut down debate — exactly what conservatives complained politically correct liberals were doing in the first place.

When CNN's John Berman last week asked Rick Santorum about Trump's plan to ban Muslims from entering the country, Santorum employed the familiar evasive maneuver.

"Republicans are sick and tired of the political correctness that we can't talk about this," he said. "You can't say the word 'Muslim.' "

It wasn't clear which officer in the P.C. Police told Santorum he couldn't say "Muslim."

Voters, told repeatedly that political correctness jeopardizes their way of life, are alarmed. "We're tired of political correctness," one Trump voter said in a focus group conducted by Frank Luntz for CBS. "I think we're being burdened with it. I think it's making us weaker as a country globally."

He just doesn't know what it is.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-gop-turns-political-correctness-into-the-mother-of-all-straw-men/2015/12/21/90ab5398-a816-11e5-bff5-905b92f5f94b_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-f%3Ahomepage%2Fstory">//https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-gop-turns-political-correctness-into-the-mother-of-all-straw-men/2015/12/21/90ab5398-a816-11e5-bff5-905b92f5f94b_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-f%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

cc

Earthshaking stuff.

Speaking of, I woke to find what I thought immediately was my mate had brought a friend home to bed last night
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Twenty Dollars

http://s1359.photobucket.com/user/seamajor1/media/165701A9-8CF0-4667-8570-CB7B0B0A5495_zpsuobcmvvq.gif.html">

Kill is faster than this fool?

RW

I find this notion that if you bring an issue to light you are in some way negating all the other issues out there.  Talking about PCism doesn't decrease the importance of economic issues, education, drug addiction, etc.  It does tie into terrorism though as we've seen in other articles.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Bricktop

Here's another clue about DARPA...

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35201183">http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35201183

Bricktop

Quote from: "Renee"

Bimbo and Blimpo.

Come on, old man. Fines, taxes, and fees is the way government GENERATES revenue.

Let's not go down the road to semantics, please.

That does not GENERATE revenue. It seizes it from those that do. If private industry suddenly ceased altogether, and there was no jobs and no profit generated, what would the government do to GENERATE revenue?

No, this is not a banner for capitalism...but governments in capitalist countries survive only on the revenue generated by capital.

RW

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"Here's another clue about DARPA...

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35201183">http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-35201183

The government doesn't innovate.

:001_rolleyes:
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mr Crowley"

No, this is not a banner for capitalism...but governments in capitalist countries survive only on the revenue generated by capital.

Tell me about it. Countries that own the means of production are economic, social and environmental basket cases. It also breeds corruption.

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!