Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

FIFA: $150 million in bribes over a period of 24 years

Started by easter bunny, May 27, 2015, 09:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cc

The elite twatwaffles who run the IOC are not much better. Investigations were also launched into prior bidding process by other cities, finding that members of the IOC received gifts during the bidding process for both the 1998 Winter Olympics and 2000 Summer Olympics

The 2002 Olympic Winter Games bid scandal was a scandal involving allegations of bribery used to win the rights to host the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City, Utah, United States. Prior to its successful bid in 1995, the city had attempted four times to secure the games; failing each time. In 1998 members of the International Olympic Committee (IOC) were accused of taking bribes from the Salt Lake Organizing Committee (SLOC) during the bidding process. The allegations resulted in the expulsion of several IOC members, and the adoption of new IOC rules.

Unreal perks for IOC  twatwaffles  from Vancouver too. Some crazy perk demands (air, hotel, bars etc etc) were made and kept .. sort of legal, but stunk ... spoiled it all

2002. That's the total failure that Romney dropped into the middle of and saved by speeding up construction and increasing quality when everyone said it could not be done on time
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Romero

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Romero"That's true! I do want to support women's soccer. They certainly don't deserve to lose any support.

I dunno. I still feel like I'll be complicit in all the corruption and abuse. I'm going to feel dirty just for watching the games on tv. I don't want to be all talk no action.

There are lots of nasty human rights abuses all around the globe. We cannot expect the rest of the world to adopt our liberalism, but we can keep it out though.

No doubt I've bought plenty of products that have ties to human rights abuses, but at least I can feign ignorance. In this case I know for a fact that FIFA is directly responsible for corruption and abuse.

Well, I just checked and the final is almost sold out, the cheapest ticket is $100 and there's no guarantee Canada will be in that match anyway. I was mainly thinking about going if it wasn't going to be a sellout. So, I can pretend to boycott it but watch it on tv anyway.

What a radical activist I am!

At least this scandal will bring some real scrutiny. Tons more than just I could accomplish.

Romero

QuoteAs defiant as ever, Sepp Blatter resisted calls to resign as FIFA president Thursday and deflected blame for the massive bribery and corruption scandal engulfing soccer's world governing body.

"We, or I, cannot monitor everyone all of the time," Blatter said in his first public remarks on the crisis that has further tainted his leadership on the eve of his bid for a fifth term as president.

The 79-year-old Blatter insisted he could restore trust in world soccer after a pair of corruption investigations brought "shame and humiliation" on his organization and the world's most popular sport.

"We cannot allow the reputation of football and FIFA to be dragged through the mud any longer," he said. "It has to stop here and now."

Despite a tide of criticism and pressure on him to leave, Blatter is moving ahead with a presidential election Friday that is likely to bring him another four years in office as one of them most powerful men in sports.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/28/sepp-blatter-fifa_n_7461268.html">//http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/05/28/sepp-blatter-fifa_n_7461268.html

"I am the King! I shall not be removed from my throne!"

cc

"Hey, I'm just president. Don't blame me"
Quote moving ahead with a presidential election Friday that is likely to bring him another four years in office
Sick fucks, fellow twatwhaffles that will vote for him

Seems everything "international" is screwed and filled with  and run by nepotistic elitist twatwhaffles .   UN, FIFA, now even NATO is infested .... although I have to confess that I do like the look of the current SG

Anonymous

I am shocked at how pervasive corruption is in international sport..

Would we go to a soccer match?

I think we would because we would be there to support the athletes, not the FIFA executives.

cc

FIFA members reelect president Sepp Blatter amid league corruption charges

No surprise here. How could the president be responsible just because his minions are crooks  ac_smile

FIFA, UN, all international orgs are comprised of irresponsible elitists who live outside of our real world ... and are above taking  responsibility for their fuckups

Romero

QuoteAn embattled former FIFA official has scored a spectacular public relations own-goal by citing an article by satirical news outlet The Onion in an attempt to counter criminal charges against him.

Jack Warner, FIFA's former vice-president and a member of parliament in Trinidad and Tobago, was among those arrested last week in a U.S.-led investigation into corruption in world football. He was released on bail Thursday and is facing an extradition request from the U.S. government.

In a video statement posted Sunday to his own warnertv.net website and social media accounts, Warner brandished a copy of a bogus news report by the satirical news website as he launched a broadside against the ongoing U.S. Justice Department investigation into alleged bribe-taking and racketeering at football's governing body.

The faux news report, titled "FIFA Frantically Announces 2015 Summer World Cup in the United States," jokingly suggested the sporting body had created an alternative tournament to appease U.S. officials.

Warner accused the U.S. of "double standards" for agreeing to host the fictional tournament in cooperation with an organization it had accused of corruption.

"If FIFA is so bad, why is it the U.S.A. wants to keep the FIFA World Cup?" he asks, pointing to a print-out of the report.

He went on to elaborate his theory: "Why is it the U.S. authorities sought to embarrass FIFA in Zurich? Something has to be wrong. I made the point to you over and over that all this... has stemmed from the failed U.S. bid to host the World Cup."

After Warner's blunder was ridiculed online, the video was removed from his social media accounts, only to be later replaced with an edited version.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/01/football/fifa-corruption-warner-onion/index.html">//http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/01/football/fifa-corruption-warner-onion/index.html

cc

too funny

I saw the onion  .. but never figured these twatwhaffles would swallow it and could fuck up that badly

easter bunny

ac_lmfao   ac_lmfao   ac_lmfao   ac_crying   ac_lmfao

J0E

Bigger question is whether many of the past and future matches have been fixed.

These are frequent allegations I've heard.

So perhaps the best team didn't always win.

Therefore the outcome of the championship matches may have been skewed.

J0E

Quote from: "SPECTRE"Any world sport organisation is corrupt. The massive amounts involved, and the greed of third world representatives makes the whole process dissolute.

Exactly the same for cricket.

And the United Nations.

The National Hockey League would fit that description.

Officiating is poor, the league commissioner is inept & the League's strategy has been to put the Big Market Television teams like New York and Los Angeles ahead of everybody else.

There are increasing suspicions that the playoff games are fixed.

Small market teams never win and its doubtful they ever will.

But in the process its turning off viewer interest with as few as 12 teams out of 30 registering a real profit.

Most of the league has become cardboard and filler, a sad departure from its storied past.

Also, steroid use is rampant and there have been many deaths/suicides in recent years which are all attributable to drug abuse.