The best topic

Replies: 10388
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 04:30:51 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Yoga Stupidity

Started by RW, June 07, 2015, 11:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 2 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

No, for once I'm not talking about the forum (although life does seem to imitate art).

Please allow me to highlight some of the more glaring points in stupidity promoted by our Premier...

VANCOUVER — B.C.'s premier hopes to "make a statement about who we are" to the world by shutting down Vancouver's iconic Burrard Street Bridge for a Sunday morning yogathon later this month.

What does it tell people about who we are?  A bunch of fucking morons?

Premier Christy Clark announced Friday the span would be closed to traffic the morning of June 21st and instead, play host to a massive yoga session in honour of the first ever International Day of Yoga.

Wait.  Isn't that Father's Day?

The free public event, which Clark expects will attract "many thousands" of yogis, will be livestreamed on the province's Destination B.C. site for the world to witness.

Oh great.  A world stage for our stupidity.  How awesome is that?

"This year's (International Day of Yoga) will be the first one and we hope that it will be an opportunity for Vancouver and British Columbia to make a statement about who we are," she said during a media event Friday afternoon on the second-floor patio of Granville Island's Bridges Restaurant, backdropped by the Burrard Street Bridge.

Clark said the bridge would be closed to traffic and that people would be invited to "make it a place of peaceful reflection" by participating in a mass yoga session.

Isn't that what we have parks and green spaces for?  I lived in Vancouver for years.  They have giant parks like Stanley or Queen Elizabeth to host this crap but noooooooo let's do fucking yoga on a bridge instead!

"Bring your yoga mat, bring your best yoga poses, get on the bridge, and make a statement about who British Columbia is."

It's run by a moron.  /statement

The event is a partnership between the province, Lululemon Athletica, YYoga and AltaGas — the latter of which is contributing $10,000 to sponsor the event — and will be supported by the cities of Vancouver and Surrey. Lululemon will handle the marketing of the event, while YYoga will provide instructors.

Nothing goes better with Yoga than an natural gas company.

Talks surrounding the event first began during Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit to B.C. back in mid-April, according to Clark.

"One of the things that came up was yoga because yoga was one of India's greatest gifts to the world. I think many people who live here in Vancouver would say that if there is a home for yoga outside of India, it must be here," Clark said.

And why must it be here Christy?  Because you love your yoga?

http://www.theprovince.com/health/Burrard+Bridge+close+Yoga+Sunday+June/11112736/story.html">http://www.theprovince.com/health/Burra ... story.html">http://www.theprovince.com/health/Burrard+Bridge+close+Yoga+Sunday+June/11112736/story.html
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

^fucking strange ac_huh

RW

Only in Christy Clarks world do you bridge the gap between granola types and a natural gas company by literally using a bridge.

*facepalm*
Beware of Gaslighters!

Odinson

She went full blown chica with this one.

easter bunny

I think she wants it to become an annual event. Our Premier is an egomaniac. =))

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"Clark said the bridge would be closed to traffic and that people would be invited to "make it a place of peaceful reflection" by participating in a mass yoga session.

Isn't that what we have parks and green spaces for? I lived in Vancouver for years. They have giant parks like Stanley or Queen Elizabeth to host this crap but noooooooo let's do fucking yoga on a bridge instead!

I'm thinking we should have some sort of an automotive event in QE park.

http://assets.vancitybuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/queen-elizabeth-park-vancouver-garden.jpg">

Renee

Is shutting down a bridge for a few hours for a celebration of yoga any different than shutting down bridges and roads for a marathon? ac_dunno

I don't think it is.

As a American observer I think it's kinda funny what you Canadians get steamed up about.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

RW

Quote from: "easter bunny"
Quote from: "RW"Clark said the bridge would be closed to traffic and that people would be invited to "make it a place of peaceful reflection" by participating in a mass yoga session.

Isn't that what we have parks and green spaces for? I lived in Vancouver for years. They have giant parks like Stanley or Queen Elizabeth to host this crap but noooooooo let's do fucking yoga on a bridge instead!

I'm thinking we should have some sort of an automotive event in QE park.

http://assets.vancitybuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/queen-elizabeth-park-vancouver-garden.jpg">

Awesome idea bunny!  I say they hold it in the rose gardens or right on the golf course.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Renee"Is shutting down a bridge for a few hours for a celebration of yoga any different than shutting down bridges and roads for a marathon? ac_dunno

I don't think it is.

As a American observer I think it's kinda funny what you Canadians get steamed up about.

We don't often shut down roads for marathons.  We have the annual Iron Man triathlon and you bike and run on the side of the road.  No fricken blocked lanes for you!

This isn't a racing circuit though Renee.  It's not something that requires distance that you couldn't get elsewhere.  It's yoga.  Do it in a park ffs.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"Is shutting down a bridge for a few hours for a celebration of yoga any different than shutting down bridges and roads for a marathon? ac_dunno

I don't think it is.

No fucks given by me.

RW

I'm seriously embarrassed by this.
Beware of Gaslighters!

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"Awesome idea bunny!  I say they hold it in the rose gardens or right on the golf course.

Let's do it! To hell with the golfers!  ac_toofunny

Renee

Quote from: "RW"I'm seriously embarrassed by this.

I think you need to spark up a fatty and chill.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

easter bunny

Quote from: "RW"I'm seriously embarrassed by this.

No kidding. Everyone else is trying to figure out how to get traffic moving better and we're finding new ways to create gridlock.  ac_rollseyes

RW

We have a big problem with congestion in Vancouver as is.

Doesn't it just make more sense to do it in a park?
Beware of Gaslighters!