The best topic

Replies: 10422
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 11:23:00 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Aryan

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 8 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Shen Li"Sometimes common sense finds it's way over there. This is a pragmatic response from Leopardsocks to Joe/Phagdish/Hardy/Johnson's obvious troll thread.

QuoteYou miss the point, Joe.

Individual workers are not necessarily "lazy". Our capitalist/democratic system is "lazy", in that it has created a workforce that increasingly becomes less and less productive.

The basis of economics as I understand it is production. We make, we sell, we profit.

Modern democratic/capitalist nations are increasingly unproductive, as manufacturing moves to China and other parts of Asia. So, what we produce is decreasing, yet according to our governments, our "wealth" is increasing. How does that work?

Our workforce is transmogrifying into cadres of desk jockeys. Bureaucrats, accountants, lawyers, graphic artists, advertisers, bankers, stock brokers, financial advisers (whatever the fuck they are), salespeople, doctors, psychologists, planners, plotters and physicists. The list goes on.

Now, I am not saying that having a proportion of these vocations in our workforce is a bad thing. We need them, to a limited degree.

But how are these often expensive occupations paid for? Where is the production that creates the wealth? Where is the innovation? Entrepreneurism? Drive?

Our system is "lazy" as it encourages more and more people to avoid "manual labour" for more sedentary vocations that we often don't need in the volume that we have.

So, not only is it lazy, and unsustainable...it is a fraud. The money comes from "banks". They lend vast sums to people and corporations. Where does THEIR money come from?

Payments on those loans from the very same people and corporations. Otherwise know as a Ponzi scheme.

We are caught in a whirlwind of fictitious and valueless finance. As long as the wind blows at significant force, it will keep moving.

But when it runs out of energy, and stops...what are we left with?

Too many people and I include myself are not working in something that creates wealth. Most of us provide a service and have little to do with actual production. The exception for Canadians is Western Canada's resource production which has kept us from experiencing the same pain as other G7 nations.

RW

Natural resource pilfering isn't producing anything either.

We make almost nothing here anymore.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"Natural resource pilfering isn't producing anything either.

unions have made it virtually impossible to have any kind of profitable value added end product in the oil and gas industry...no refineries built in NA for 30 years...reason being...union slugs and environmental loonies....i say defund these fuckers and listen to them squeal

RW

I don't know why you want to ship wealth to China Munday.  How the fuck does that benefit Canadians?  It's going to be our undoing.  You watch.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"I don't know why you want to ship wealth to China Munday.  How the fuck does that benefit Canadians?  It's going to be our undoing.  You watch.

i don't.....i would make it illegal if i was king....but paying a grade 10 grad welders helper 150K  a year makes it impossible to do the work here...your pals are killing the industry....we need the govt; to step in and limit wages to a reasonable amount.......welders helper is worth maybe..best case....$15/hr.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Natural resource pilfering isn't producing anything either.

Pilfering? You are either joking or ignorant. Our resources kept us from feeling the pain other G20 did.

RW

Was what kept us out of economic shit in question by that statement?  No.  If you want to call me ignorant, try being literate first mmmkay.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Was what kept us out of economic shit in question by that statement?  No.  If you want to call me ignorant, try being literate first mmmkay.

No, if you deny our resource wealth is why Canada is what it is instead of Greece, you are ignorant or trolling. Our government does not want to open new mines or expand existing ones even though we need the jobs and revenue.

RW

I've merely stated that harvesting natural resources isn't considered "production".

Call me ignorant again boy and you aren't going to like me very much.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"I've merely stated that harvesting natural resources isn't considered "production".

Call me ignorant again boy and you aren't going to like me very much.

I have never worked a day in my life in industry whether it be extracting raw materials or working on an assembly line. When we got miners as clients, I quickly realized how beneficial to our overall economic health these jobs are. More than the auto industry assembly lines. Our government does not want to issue permits for new mines or expand existing production. Their excuses go back and forth between we need to protect our environment to we shouldn't be sending processing jobs overseas. Meanwhile we are now a have-not province with good jobs just sitting in the ground.

RW

Thank you for once again stating the obvious slappy.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Quote from: "Real Woman"Thank you for once again stating the obvious slappy.

Our government uses some of the same excuses for not issuing new mine permits as Unifor does for opposing pipeline development.

They are both wrong.

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"Thank you for once again stating the obvious slappy.

is "slappy" the male equivalent of "cupcake"... :?:  :?:

RW

Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

Some common sense stuff from RW and Renee.
QuoteRW wrote:

How do you manage to make it through a day without someone punching you in the face?

Renee wrote:

He would first need to interact with people in the real world for that to happen.

I have told Fash and OL, if Joe, SMP or oddstain are allowed free reign on ACC, I am fucking outta here.

To answer RW's question, Renee is correct. SMP, Joe or oddstain never interact with anyone in real life.