The best topic

Replies: 10413
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 02:03:25 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lokmar

Re: Retardation On Other Forums

Started by Obvious Li, November 12, 2012, 04:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 17 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"
Quote from: "Romero"Walmart has no problem making money in Washington state where the minimum wage is $9.32/hour. Anyway, twenty states including red states have waited more than long enough:

I guarantee that companies will do just fine if not better!

Romero, pry yourself away from ideological sites like TP and listen to people who actually operate small businesses. TP doesn't give a shit if retailers succeed or fail.

Money will be made no matter what the wage for unskilled labour. It doesn't matter how big the retailer is either. HOWEVER, productivity MUST increase.

I thought we were talking about big corporations?  You know, the likes of Walmart that KILLS small businesses.
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Quote from: "Shen Li"Yes, it does change Pat's point. He's claiming Ford was Santa Claus unlike what he thinks today's capitalists were like, but the reality was very different. Ford could just as easily been a soldier of Ernst Rohm's brown shirts in 1933. He was a fucking thug.

What products and services that nobody can afford? That's where your argument is lost. The Target's and Wally World's have made products readily available to the masses. They should be thanked for making life affordable, not unfairly scorned.

No, actually it doesn't change the point which is being able to afford to live on what you make.  I don't know why it seems to be such a hard concept for you 'righties' to grok, but the more money people make, the more money people spend ... in places like Walmart.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Real Woman"
Quote from: "Obvious Li"of course some of the companies will survive an increase in minimum wage...but that increase will be paid for by the employees in the form of higher productivity and a million other forms of employee compensation for the increase cost......higher prices to the consumer and downward pressure on the suppliers ...businesses that were marginal will not hire that extra employee they were thinking about or spend for an expansion......and please homy.....stop with the meaningless statistical bullshit...an increase in minimum wage only affects companies that pay minimum wage.....which is not very many any more

They do that without increases to minimum wage.

the direct result of toooo much govt. regulations, competition and greedy employees..companies that are not competitive do not last.....fact

Anonymous

Quote from: "Romero"Walmart has no problem making money in Washington state where the minimum wage is $9.32/hour. Anyway, twenty states including red states have waited more than long enough:

Romero, pry yourself away from ideological sites like TP and listen to people who actually operate small businesses. TP doesn't give a shit if retailers succeed or fail.

Money will be made no matter what the wage for unskilled labour. It doesn't matter how big the retailer is either. HOWEVER, productivity MUST increase.

I thought we were talking about big corporations?  You know, the likes of Walmart that KILLS small businesses.

Big corporations, Mr and Mrs. Singh, doesn't matter. Well, except Wally World offers opportunities and small biz doesn't. Oh yeah, and Wally World has made life affordable for the working poor.

Obvious Li

walmart does not kill small businesses...it forces companies to be more competitive....many mom and pops cannot do that.....except if they are asian mom and pops..they thrive in the shadow of walmart...which is in itself very telling...... ac_beating

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Shen Li"Yes, it does change Pat's point. He's claiming Ford was Santa Claus unlike what he thinks today's capitalists were like, but the reality was very different. Ford could just as easily been a soldier of Ernst Rohm's brown shirts in 1933. He was a fucking thug.

What products and services that nobody can afford? That's where your argument is lost. The Target's and Wally World's have made products readily available to the masses. They should be thanked for making life affordable, not unfairly scorned.

No, actually it doesn't change the point which is being able to afford to live on what you make.  I don't know why it seems to be such a hard concept for you 'righties' to grok, but the more money people make, the more money people spend ... in places like Walmart.

as a general statement most workers make enough money to live well......the problem is that govt. takes a lot of it....people have unrealistic expectations..and they are spoiled rotten...so when they adjust their needs to their earning capacity it all works out.......

Anonymous

You have really lost your edge RW. In the past you could have defended that idiot Pat's BS about Henry Ford being a nice guy, but now you can't.

I avoid WallyWorld and Real Canadian Superstore like the plague. I also buy free range meat from local farmers. However, I realize not everyone has my education/profession and affluence. Those two companies are the best friends of the working poor. Until you show me that paying more money for little indies with zero perks and opps is better in any way shape or form you have conceded the argument.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

as a general statement most workers make enough money to live well......the problem is that govt. takes a lot of it....people have unrealistic expectations..and they are spoiled rotten...so when they adjust their needs to their earning capacity it all works out.......

Yes, gov't makes us all poorer. I never heard of anyone's life being improved from a carbon tax or any other increased/new fee.

You want higher wages, grow the economy. I read that Walmart in the oil boomtown of Williston, North Dakota pays $17/hr to start. ac_dance

RW

You have really lost your edge RW. In the past you could have defended that idiot Pat's BS about Henry Ford being a nice guy, but now you can't.

I avoid WallyWorld and Real Canadian Superstore like the plague. I also buy free range meat from local farmers. However, I realize not everyone has my education/profession and affluence. Those two companies are the best friends of the working poor. Until you show me that paying more money for little indies with zero perks and opps is better in any way shape or form you have conceded the argument.

No Shen, I won't because it's moot.  The quote stands in principle despite what an asshole the guy who made it was.

I'm not sure what you mean by "paying more money for little indies with zero perks and opps is better".  What are indies and opps?
Beware of Gaslighters!

RW

Define "living well" Munday.
Beware of Gaslighters!

Anonymous

No Shen, I won't because it's moot.  The quote stands in principle despite what an asshole the guy who made it was.

I'm not sure what you mean by "paying more money for little indies with zero perks and opps is better".  What are indies and opps?

What we can agree on is that Pat is a lying idiot.

What we can't is that Walmart is worse for low-income people than Mr. and Mrs. Singh's bikaner sweet shop. ac_huh

Anonymous

To me it means making products affordable to the masses.  However, Fashionista is the only one of us that will admit to shopping at Wally World, so ask her.

Obvious Li

Coming home from a hard days work, going to bed at night in a warm dry bed with a full tummy and not being worried that some scumbag will break into your home and assault you and yours... everything else is extraneous.... ac_beating

Anonymous

Oh my goodness, so many strong opinions about Wal-Mart..

I am going shopping there after lunch.

ac_smile

Obvious Li

Quote from: "Fashionista"Oh my goodness, so many strong opinions about Wal-Mart..

I am going shopping there after lunch.

ac_smile

that's why i love you Fash.....this shit is just to mundane for you....hope you save some money..and if you happen to bump into one of the 300 pounders working there....step on their toes....cheers... ac_dance  ac_king  ac_beating